The Wardrobe Malfunction Trip 8 - Universal Studios and stars

spookysarah

DIS Veteran
Universal Studios & stars

Me, Sarah 31 – chief planner, lover of all things Disney
DH, Craig, 34 – driver and foodie
DD, Holly, 10 – loves characters and especially drawing them
DD, Rowan, 8 – not going upside down this year!
3 newbies -
My mum, Shona, 50 - big kid and possible thrill junkie
My dad, Alastair, 57 – the banker and carrier bag holder
My sister, Mel, 29 – doesn’t do characters and slightly bemused by the 'Disney thing'

27th September 2007

We went to the Islands dining room for a buffet breakfast which was absolutely amazing. There were so many different things to eat and an omelette bar too. My favourite has to be the hot cinnamon buns in a sticky icing, simply divine. We left feeling pretty stuffed. After packing we checked out of our rooms and put our cases in left luggage for the day. Universal Studios beckoned for a day of fun.

The Wesh webcam - we gave you a wave - did you see us? ;)

IMG_0949800x600.jpg

There was no doubt as to where to start – it was straight into Shrek 4D. Everyone loved this very much. We headed over to see Shrek and Donkey to have our photos taken with them. Donkey was hilarious and a bit of a flirt!

IMG_0888600x800.jpg

IMG_0891600x800.jpg

IMG_0890600x800.jpg

IMG_0892800x600.jpg

Spongebob’s biggest fans

IMG_0884800x600.jpg

Spongebob haters – grimacing

IMG_0886800x600.jpg

IMG_0882600x800.jpg

Twister proved to be a hit as well. I find it all a bit funny rather than scary but I was happy to go along with everyone else.

The mummy was next. Mum had watched ride videos on youtube and I had told her what to expect and given that she had loved Space Mountain she plucked p the courage to ride. Dad offered to watch the bags but we put ours in a locker. There was no wait with our FOTL passes and before mum could change her mind we were strapped in and away. I was apprehensive again due to my Kraken experience but tried to remain calm. We all very much enjoyed the ride – who knew mum could scream so loud?! Upon exiting the ride we find dad who had been chatting to someone staying in the same hotel as us. It was then that I noticed the lack of back bag, mum’s bag with all their cards and tickets! He had left it on a bench! Fortunately it was still there but he will never live that one down.

IMG_0901600x800.jpg

IMG_0902600x800.jpg

Next on our clockwise route was Earthquake. Again, it’s slightly cheesy but we all still enjoyed it. Rowan liked it more than last time when she had in fact found it quite scary.

Taking a break - it was soooo hot!

IMG_0907800x600.jpg

Mmmmmmmm, churros!

IMG_0897800x600.jpg

Jaws had a huge wait so we were glad out FOTL reduced a 1hr 45 min wait to less than 5 mins. We had such a great time on this ride. We all joined in with the shouts of ‘Shaaaaark!’ So much fun! On exiting we had the obligatory photo op.

IMG_0908600x800.jpg

IMG_0909600x800.jpg

Men in Black was next. We could not all ride together so there was a bit of competition going between cars and in cars too. Mum, dad and the girls in one and me, Craig and mels in the other. I used the spare gun as well to keep our score up. We won and I got a mega high score! It was so much fun we all went straight on again and this time I arranged it so Craig and I were in the car on the opposite track at the same time as then. Using the spare gun again we won and I had the highest score again. Craig was not too happy but did not know about the big red button, lol! Shhhhhhh!

Sadly for Craig, Back to the Future was closed and the Simpsons ride not open so it was photo op outside the new ride.

IMG_0912800x600.jpg

IMG_0913800x600.jpg

IMG_0914600x800.jpg

We also saw some very familiar stars getting their photos taken. Do they look familiar to you?

Florida_2007_001.jpg

IMG_1380600x800.jpg

That’s right – it’s us! Mels tried out a pose as Marilyn Monroe but it looked hilarious (and not in a good way) and she decided to pass. How come I look good as Fred? Rhetorical question people!!

We spent a bit of time around Woody’s coaster, dad getting conned on this one too. Sadly the Fievel play area was closed. That seems to be a drawback with going later in the season – apart from shorter park hours there is more rehabs too.

IMG_0924800x600.jpg

Last thing on the agenda was the Horror Makeup Show. We sat in the front row and this time Rowan was picked on throughout the show much to her and our delight. It is much more fun that scary.

Waiting for the boat back to the hotel with a Mr Potato head type Spongebob. A body and 18 parts for 20 bucks = hours of fun for young and old(er!) alike!

Florida2007GM170800x600-1.jpg

Tired and hungry we made our way back to the hotel to pick up our luggage and head to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. Dad is not too enamoured with this place – not enough meat – but the rest of us love it!

Back at the hotel Dad decided to stay with Rowan while the rest of us went to Walmart. We had a great time picking up supplies and browsing. We were gone quite a while and when we got back dad was in a bit of a state. He said he was very cold and had been shivering uncontrollably at one point. He was sat on the sofa wrapped up in blankets and beach towels. He said he felt better than he did but needed his bed. We were all a bit worried. Rowan told us we had had a phone call from Connie who we had left Felix for and I was to try and call back. She wasn’t in so I left a message to arrange our meeting for tomorrow night.

We always seem to fall into bed and tonight was no exception.

Tomorrow – Animal Kingdom & sunstroke

Another lovely day. Talking about the big red button on MiB, did you know you don't have to keep pressing the trigger on the gun, you can just hold it down and it shoots continuously?

Thanks for the tip... just googled "big red button" :thumbsup2

Once again another fun packed day and great photos :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter