The Wardrobe Malfunction Trip 1 - Pre trip info

Discussion in 'UK Trip Reports Board' started by spookysarah, May 17, 2009.

1. spookysarah

spookysarah DIS Veteran

The Wardrobe Malfunction Trip 2007

First up sorry to eveyone who read my 2006 trip and was looking forward to this. It has taken me 19 months to finihs! I also lost my notebook so some days will have more information than others. My memory is a bit hazy but I will do my best. I think the day I remember most from is the journey out! :confused2 :d: Let's get started. There will be plenty photos.

What you need to know

In 2006 my family and I went to WDW for the first time. My mum and dad had considered coming and meeting up with us but this was not possible so the seed was sown for a trip with them and my sister for another year. I spoke to my mum on the phone a few days before we came home and she told me that both her and my dad were very keen to go the following year.

When we arrived home (July) we started looking into getting a new countdown. We decided against a villa as my mum, dad and sister (all newbies) did not want to drive so we looked for a hotel with 2 bedroom suites. In the end we decided to go back to the Enclave Suites as we knew it was good value accommodation in a great location. Let the countdown commence!

Package holiday booked with First Choice from 20th September to 4th October. Staying in 2 x 2 bedroom suites at the Enclave Suites. 7 seater minivan booked through First Choice with Suncars. Flying from Glasgow and staying the night before in the Express by Holiday Inn. We have 14 day Ultimate tickets, 4 park flex tickets and MNSSHP tickets.

In February 2007 we had a planning party with loads of food and drinks ordered from American Sweets. Cardboard mouse ears were made and worn and we looked at park maps and brochures from last year. My sister was a little unsure of some of the Disney experiences we suggested. Other than that it seemed that we were all getting excited.

So without further delay – onto the nitty gritty!

The cast…with photos from our planning party. Be warned – they are not pretty. Those with a nervous disposition please scroll down quickly!

Me, Sarah 31 – chief planner, lover of all things Disney
    [​IMG]

DH, Craig, 34 – driver and foodie
    [​IMG]

DD, Holly, 10 – loves characters and especially drawing them
    [​IMG]

DD, Rowan, 8 – not going upside down this year!
    [​IMG]

My mum, Shona, 50 - big kid and possible thrill junkie
    [​IMG]

My dad, Alastair, 57 – the banker and carrier bag holder (very excited - honest! :d: )
    [​IMG]

My sister, Mel, 29 – doesn’t do characters and slightly bemused by the 'Disney thing'
    [​IMG]

Oh, and a piccie of the party food, yum!
    [​IMG]

Next up – The Journey

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. natalielongstaff

natalielongstaff <font color=deeppink>I need a cup of tea and a big

great party:thumbsup2

4. wicket2005

wicket2005 <font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H

Your Dad looks really excited.:lmao: Lovely you planned a trip together, we went once with my parents and sister and it was very special. Love all the Mickey ears.

5. Cyrano

Cyrano DIS Veteran

Love the introductions and Mickey Ears :)

6. spookysarah

spookysarah DIS Veteran

My dad kept his ears and wore them at work the day he came off on holiday :rotfl:

7. cap'njack.

cap'njack. Totally in love with Lisa_C

Great start...loving the ears :goodvibes

8. mark&sue

mark&sue <font color=teal>I keep trying to convert everybod

You all look really familiar!!! Can't wait to read more

susan

9. Pinky166

Pinky166 <font color=deeppink>a little on the OCD side<br><

Great start....I am loving the ears & party! :banana: :cool1: :yay:

10. cazzie

cazzie DIS Veteran