The Walking Dead on AMC

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by npmommie, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CourtasanSatine

CourtasanSatine <font color=blue>I'm partial to the 4th seaters<br

Thanks Tinkh! I've already seen both Boondock Saints films but I have a ton to look for now.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tinkh

Tinkh DIS Veteran

No problem!! I want to catch up on all his work too. Seriously loving him :love::love:

4. micknpluto

micknpluto DIS Veteran

Andrea. You have no idea how much :*(

5. It'sWDW4me

It'sWDW4me <font color=green>Fairly new... still gets a tag :

From his bio page, I found this:

As of 2010 he stars as Daryl Dixon in the AMC television series The Walking Dead. The character was not originally in the comic book series of the same name, but was created specifically for Reedus after his audition for the character of Merle Dixon. The Walking Dead comic creator Robert Kirkman has stated he feels "absolutely blessed [Reedus] has honored the show with his presence, and the way he has come in and taken over that role and defined Daryl Dixon. A lot of Norman's portrayal of the character in the first season inspired all the writers to do what we did with him in the second season. We love writing him and end up doing cool stuff with him."

Wow - how impressed did they have to be with him to create a character for him!! :worship:

and...

Trivia
    Formerly a model for Prada

Lived for a time in London and Japan. Prior to getting his first acting role, he was earning $7.50 an hour working in a Venice, California, motorcycle shop.

Had a baby boy named Mingus Lucien Reedus with Helena Christensen, born 13 October 1999 in Helena's native country, Denmark.

Was in a car accident in late February 2005 in Berlin, Germany, when after attending a R.E.M. concert, his driver swerved into traffic suddenly at the wrong moment, and a semi-truck struck the car in which he was riding. He was jettisoned through the windshield and landed on the sidewalk, receiving some damage to the left side of his face, for which he had to undergo surgery.

Has a titanium eye-socket, as a result of his car accident in 2005.

In Los Angeles, he worked at a Harley Davidson shop in Venice and contributed artwork to various shows as a painter, photographer, sculptor, and video artist.

He got his first taste of acting in the play Maps for Drowners at the Tiffany Theater on Sunset Boulevard.

He was first discovered at a party in Los Angeles where he started screaming with giant sunglasses on, until someone asked if he wanted to be in a play.

Reedus has modeled for Prada, Alessandro Dell'Acqua, Durban, Levi's, Lexus and most recently Morgenthal Fredrics.

He has appeared in seven music videos: Flat Top by Goo Goo Dolls, Cats In The Cradle by Ugly Kid Joe, Strange Currencies by R.E.M., Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead, Violently Happy by Björk, Wicked as it Seems by Keith Richards and Judas by Lady Gaga (as Judas).

He is also a painter, sculptor, and photographer who currently shows his artwork in galleries in New York, Berlin, and Frankfurt.

Reedus was in a long term relationship with Danish fashion model Helena Christensen from 1998 until 2003. Together they have a son, Mingus Lucien Reedus (born October 13, 1999).

He has several tattoos: his father's name on the left side of his chest, a devil on his upper right arm, "Mingus" in red on his right forearm, a star on his right hand, two demons on his back, a heart on his right wrist and a snake on his left leg.

He runs a New York-based film production company named Bigbaldhead.

Norman currently lives in New York with his son, Mingus Lucien Reedus.

Personal Quotes
    I literally have three boxes of presents. My sons room is nothing but Daryl Dixon paintings, dolls, lighters, tattoos and panties. It's pretty ridiculous. It's fun. The Boondocks fans are pretty ferocious, as well. But, I get more Walking Dead stuff now. It's a bonus for me. The same group of people like both things. It's overwhelming to be honest.

You can't not look cool with a crossbow.

When you do television, you have this opportunity to drop these subtle hints everywhere. The way you say things for example, sometimes those seeds turn into trees.

I've always said it's interesting to watch devils cry when angels want to stab you in the back. I like that mixture.

The dog's with the loudest bark are the ones that are most afraid.

I'm still insecure, but when I first started acting, I was really insecure. I glared at a lot of people. I assumed everyone hated me. Somehow that scowl has turned into an acting career.

6. skylizard

skylizard DIS Veteran

Wow, I'm impressed.
    And he has "a titanium eye-socket"? I have never heard of such a thing until now. At least he survived the accident!

7. LittleMissMagic

LittleMissMagic Victoria on Vacation

So completely true!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc

8. Ginny Favers

Ginny Favers <font color=green>I told my husband I think they m

I think Dale's death really upset me. Probably because he was so concerned with preserving their humanity, and losing him was like, score one for the savages.

9. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

stinks for T-Dog, because I was upset by his death, but then minutes later came Lori's, and I was just toast! That was a rough episode! My only glimmer of life left, was my belief (or total denial perhaps) that Carol was still alive somehwere.

10. Sherry E

Sherry E Currently tag-less... Moderator

So, no one visits the TWD forums on Television Without Pity's website? (I asked on the previous page but everyone ignored me!:rotfl2:) They have discussion threads for Carl and for each character, but I find the threads on the individual episodes to be really fascinating and interesting.

Anyway, I must be the only one who is not crushing on Norman Reedus! I like the Daryl character. I like his friendship with Carol (whether it goes anywhere or not, I think they need each other to lean on). I just don't get weak in the knees over him - or any of them, really. But if I were going to be weak in the knees over anyone, it would probably be Andrew Lincoln - because what girl wouldn't want a guy to do what he did at the doorstep of Keira Knightley in Love Actually? That is a very romantic scene of unfulfilled, unrequited love! Still, though, his accent bothers me on TWD.

I had no clue that Norman had been involved with Helena Christensen! Wow! I knew he had been a model, so I guess it makes sense that he hooked up with some models, but I didn't know about her.

Helena Christensen gets around! She also had her hooks in the late, great (and super HOTTTTTT) Michael Hutchence of INXS - who I did have a crush on - for quite a while! And, there were rumors that she and Chris Isaak hooked up during or after her appearance in his video.

11. skylizard

skylizard DIS Veteran

I found the bit about the town very interesting. It's nice to read that they've been investing money into that little town. On the other hand, the original residents might be happy with the way it was and not want all the attention and new development going on. :scratchin

12. skylizard

skylizard DIS Veteran

I really hope they don't do another time jump. Or at least give us some flashbacks to let us know what happened during it. I didn't liek how season 3 started and it left a lot of unanswered questions.
    And what about the whole Lori being mad at Rick thing? I know that when season 2 ended she was mad at him for killing Shane....which I totally didn't get since she was the one telling Risk that Shane had to be dealt with. But to still be mad at him several months later? Especially since Rick had managed to get them off of Hershel's farm and kept them safe over the winter. :confused3

13. StitchesGr8Fan

StitchesGr8Fan DIS Veteran

I think they do time jumps because Carl is maturing and growing quickly in real life!

14. Ginny Favers

Ginny Favers <font color=green>I told my husband I think they m

Yeah, I didn't like that either. It's really just a sloppy way for the writers to explain that characters have grown and matured. Carol used to be a marshmallow and now she's a badass? Michonne saved Andrea and now they're BFFs? Carl was a kid who liked to get in trouble, and now he's a child soldier? Some life-altering things must have happened over the winter. What, exactly? We will never know.

15. jetskigrl

jetskigrl No mumbojumbo here

If you mean the Pop Vinyl figure, I got mine at Hot Topic. But I found the Rick one at Barnes and Noble (for $4 less..ouch, LOL).

LOL - I went to find that other message board when I read your post last night and ended up staying over there reading (and never made it back here). :thumbsup2

16. CourtasanSatine

CourtasanSatine <font color=blue>I'm partial to the 4th seaters<br

I'll blame Boondock Saints for part of my being a Daryl fan, I flipped into an epsiode and spotted him so cue connect the dots and being hooked on TWD from there.

17. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

My understanding (from family who live there) is that the townsfolk are pretty happy with the fame.

18. LuLuO

LuLuO <font color=darkblue>I am against mandatory fun<br

I agree. When I saw the first ep of TWD I screeched "It's the 'To me you are perfect guy!'" I don't mind his accent but I prefer his real voice. :)

19. nuke

nuke Life is Good

I think we have an idea how much.

20. micknpluto

micknpluto DIS Veteran

:rotfl2:

nice

21. LittleMissMagic

LittleMissMagic Victoria on Vacation

Nah, I like Daryl (mostly because he carries a crossbow), but I'm not obsessing over his character. My favorite character was Glenn, back in the days that he wore the baseball cap and went on crazy runs. He just hasn't been the same since Maggie came along and he was tortured...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.