The WALDORF ASTORIA ORLANDO and HILTON BONNET CREEK Information Thread

Hi miss monorail- I have just gotten home from the HBC. It is lovely. I have always stayed on property, so it was a new experience for me. The busses were standard tour busses, like the Magical Express busses, so I don't think they could accommodate scooters. I would suggest that you call the hotel and ask though, perhaps they have special transportation for situations like that. The busses run to MK every half hour, Epcot and HS were every Hour. I think that AK and DTD were every other hour. Megan

Does anyone have any experience using the shuttles at HBC after special events? Specifically MNSSHP? We are planning a quick trip just for the party and staying on HH Points. We were initially looking at the DTD Hilton, but the lazy river and pool area at HBC looks a lot more fun.

We will have a car but would rather use the shuttle/bus.

Does anyone have any experience using the shuttles at HBC after special events? Specifically MNSSHP? We are planning a quick trip just for the party and staying on HH Points. We were initially looking at the DTD Hilton, but the lazy river and pool area at HBC looks a lot more fun.

We will have a car but would rather use the shuttle/bus.

The shuttles didn't run after regular park hours...if Epcot is still open you can take the monorail there and the HBC shuttle from there... We just cabbed it last year...

HI!
We are going to be in Orlando for one day. I was trying to find a hotel and was hoping to stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. But there are so many fees that I do not know if it makes sense. I read on their website that there is a resort fee and parking fee. So if I am there one night, do I pay for parking for the day I check in and the day I check out? Can I leave and come back in the same day without paying again? Resort fee says nightly but parking says daily if I read it correctly. That is a lot of extra money.

Yikes! I called the hotel. Parking is charged per day add in that we will be paying a resort fee plus fee to park one day at Disney. It ended up cheaper to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I am bummed we are not staying here but I am excited to stay at the Akl for the first time.:cool1:

Yikes! I called the hotel. Parking is charged per day add in that we will be paying a resort fee plus fee to park one day at Disney. It ended up cheaper to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I am bummed we are not staying here but I am excited to stay at the Akl for the first time.:cool1:
That's crazy! I've never paid cash, but yeah, all those fees definitely make you check all your options! If you can ever stay using points or a good discount, it's certainly worth it. I did prefer the WA over HBC though.

That's crazy! I've never paid cash, but yeah, all those fees definitely make you check all your options! If you can ever stay using points or a good discount, it's certainly worth it. I did prefer the WA over HBC though.
So you've stayed at both? We can book either on HH points. I was initially considering the Hilton DTD for 1-2 nights but since we are only going into the parks for MNSSHP, I thought the pool/lazy river at HBC would be better. If that is my mail goal, to have more included entertainment for my kids, am I better off sticking with HBC? Is there any reason I should consider moving to WA?

I had a hard time finding videos of the lazy river and pool before visiting, most searches turned up the lazy river at the wyndham bonnet creek, or the orlando hilton not the bonnet creek. So while I was there recently I took some video and placed it up on youtube.

See Video

I had a hard time finding videos of the lazy river and pool before visiting, most searches turned up the lazy river at the wyndham bonnet creek, or the orlando hilton not the bonnet creek. So while I was there recently I took some video and placed it up on youtube.

See Video
That was great! Thanks for sharing. Cute kids :)

So you've stayed at both? We can book either on HH points. I was initially considering the Hilton DTD for 1-2 nights but since we are only going into the parks for MNSSHP, I thought the pool/lazy river at HBC would be better. If that is my mail goal, to have more included entertainment for my kids, am I better off sticking with HBC? Is there any reason I should consider moving to WA?

Hope you haven't booked yet, the WA is great. You can use the pools for either resort when you stay in one. When I stayed at WA I actually never used the WA pool. Only the HBC pool so I can lounge around the lazy river! There are several reasons I would choose WA. 1. The standard rooms are much smaller at HBC in my opinion, I couldn't see us staying in one now that we have a baby. She's got way too much stuff to cram in there. I don't know the square footage off hand, but it's quite a noticeable difference. 2. Much more attractive and yes, a bit luxurious accommodations. You can actually take a bath in a nice spacious tub which is a plus with little ones IMO. 3. The staff treat you nice there! I mentioned wanting a French macaroon to one of them , and by the time I got to my room I had a dish of them waiting, no charge.They were being prepared for breakfast in the WA restaurant. Basically I was sold on Staying there at that point. 4. Champagne at checkin. 5. The bath products smell awesome. 6. Evening turn down service. With really good chocolates...

Now, desserts and chocolate always make me happy, but I really felt like I was on vacation there, and not that HBC makes me feel like I'm not on vacation, it's just not as nice. HBC does have a plus though. If free breakfast is your thing, you can get it there. No free food at WA (unless you're just lucky like I was).

We are coming down with DH while he will be at a conference. We will stay at either WA or HBC. We will be there for 3 nights then switch to AoA for the remainder of the week. We have always stayed onsite. Will it be doable without renting a car. I know that HBC and WA have bus transportation and it's not like Disney, but have any of you relied solely on HBC transportation? We will only be using it Mon and Tue. We will be switching to AoA Wednesday morning. My other question is my mom will be with us and she will have a scooter rented offsite. Can the hotel transportation accommodate scooters? Thanks.

I don't know if I'm too late to answer your question, but we were at HBC last October and encountered a scooter going on a bus. They are not as well equipped as Disney buses. My husband, another man, and the bus driver all had to lift the scooter into a side compartment and the person with the scooter had to walk onto the bus.

Has anyone ever booked the estandby discount at the hbc for 10.00. Do you know it contains?

Hi everyone, is there transportation from Hilton bonnet creek to DTD, or are we better driving there?

I was also wondering if we can bring noodles for lazy river rather than rafts.

Thanks

Hi everyone, is there transportation from Hilton bonnet creek to DTD, or are we better driving there? I was also wondering if we can bring noodles for lazy river rather than rafts. Thanks

There is, although I would drive there if you plan to get out early. It's really just up the street, and there were sparse pick up and drop off times if I remember correctly. Like maybe 4 or 5 of each when we were there in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter