The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I have managed to piece together 3 nights (Mar 24-27, 2013) at VGC! We've been to DL many times, but just became members last year (home is Aulani) so this is our first visit staying in the villas :goodvibes I am definitely going to be using all this excellent input to put in a good room request! It will be my daughter's 10th birthday celebration so a great view would just top it off!:love:

NHGoofy said:
First time going next week! Is there online check in like the WDW resorts?
There is no online checkin.
It might be possible to call and pre-checkin, but I have never tried.

If anyone is needing to cancel a studio res around the second or third week of March 2013, plz pm me about it! I am looking to rent points for a studio but the studios are all booked. :sad1:
I know it's a long shot but I figured I'd at least put it out there. Maybe someone can make my DLR wishes come true!

Question, I'm planning a trip to DL for mid oct 2013 but I will not know DDs fall break schedule till possibly mid nov ( so right around the 11 month mark) does anyone know if the studios book quick in oct?, thank you for any help.

Question, I'm planning a trip to DL for mid oct 2013 but I will not know DDs fall break schedule till possibly mid nov ( so right around the 11 month mark) does anyone know if the studios book quick in oct?, thank you for any help.

You should be OK. There is typically quite a bit of availability until about the 7 month mark. With a few exceptions, VGC is easy to book with home resort points.

I have #3522 written in my notes as having a view somewhat blocked by the tree tops. Do you happen to have any balcony pics of your view? I am renting points and haven't asked my owner to add my specific room number requests yet. TIA! :flower3:

You're right. The trees do block some of the view, especially when it comes to WoC. Here are some photos taken in July 2011.

2011DLR1-002.jpg

This one shows that the projections are obscured by the trees.
2011DLR1-046.jpg

This one gives a sense of what the bigger parts of the show look like.
2011DLR1-062.jpg

Just got home from a stay in 1BR DVC #2502. We had asked for a high floor but they could not accommodate. Had a view of Paradise Pier but were partially blocked by trees. We actually had a better view from our window than our balcony as there was a tree right next to the resort blocking the balcony view. We could only see the highest fountains during WOC.

Night view from our room
photo.jpg

Hi everyone!

I'm about to put in our room requests for our studio stay in February that I pieced together. I think Nonsuch recommends the following:

6504, 5504, 4504, 3504, 5510, 4510, 3510, 5516, 4516, 3516

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

Thanks. Sorry for all the questions, but I'm constantly trying to improve my chances of getting the optimal view. DW thinks we might get better views if I kept information secret, but I like to share my findings :goodvibes

Your early check in does contradict one of my theories: that a guest checking in early might swap rooms with a guest that checks in later.

Your 7-month reservation does add some evidence to the theory that earliest reservations get priority.

6504, 5504, 4504, 3504, 5510, 4510, 3510, 5516, 4516, 3516

Can anyone confirm?
I concur with those recommendations :rotfl:

Some details:

6504, 5504, 4504, 3504: the only studios with WOC view.
6504 has a 2 sided balcony, giving it one of the best views in the hotel.

5510, 4510, 3510: their view is obstructed by the "T" shape of the VGC wing and only have a partial view of Paradise Pier.

5516, 4516, 3516: look toward Redwood Creek

2504: might be worth adding to your request. Too low for a WOC view, but will have a nice view of the Mickey Wheel.

Thanks. Sorry for all the questions, but I'm constantly trying to improve my chances of getting the optimal view. DW thinks we might get better views if I kept information secret, but I like to share my findings :goodvibes

Your early check in does contradict one of my theories: that a guest checking in early might swap rooms with a guest that checks in later.

Your 7-month reservation does add some evidence to the theory that earliest reservations get priority.

I think checking in early helps. Last year my friend checked in at 7:00am, she stayed at Paradise Pier the night before. I was flying out that day. Anyway, they said we were facing Redwood Creek. She asked about a World of Color view, the cm went to the back room and came back with 6504, the best studio! So it probably did get switched out.

This year we checked in around 12:30pm and got 3516, which faced Redwood Creek. We asked about a better view, they checked the back room and said all view rooms were already occupied by people who checked in prior days.

When I asked whether our requests were met, the CM did go in the back for quite awhile but the answer was still no. It could be that not enough people were checking out on that day to free up rooms that met our request.

DebbieB said:
I think checking in early helps. Last year my friend checked in at 7:00am, she stayed at Paradise Pier the night before. I was flying out that day. Anyway, they said we were facing Redwood Creek. She asked about a World of Color view, the cm went to the back room and came back with 6504, the best studio! So it probably did get switched out.

This year we checked in around 12:30pm and got 3516, which faced Redwood Creek. We asked about a better view, they checked the back room and said all view rooms were already occupied by people who checked in prior days.

We recently stayed in 4508 which was third on our request list. I checked in at 5:30 am after staying close by the night before. We did that just to be able to check in early to get a better chance on our request list. I was told at that time that check in can begin as early as 5. Although the room wasn't ready until 4pm, we still had room keys so we could use the pool or early entrance to the park after they open. By the way, the view of paradise pier was great from the room balcony but the screams from goofy's sky school were a bit much for us when we were in the room during the day relaxing. Luckily DCA isn't open late so it didn't keep us up at night. Great view of world of color. All in all its a great resort.

You stole my room :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter