The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

How did you find a resale? We are interested in a small contract of about 100 points. Staying in a studio for 4 days is a bit confining with the kids. A 1br would work much better! We go every year for the 1/2 marathon and stay Fri-tues.

I basically stalked fidelityresales.com and also signed up for The Timeshare Store's email list. It also helps to call in to speak to the brokers to let them know what you are looking for. There were a few times where the broker would give us a heads up on new listings. I have seen 100 point contracts come up recently, so they do exist. I worked with Sharon at Fidelity. Good luck in your search!

Hi all. Taking our first ever DVC vacation at the VGC in two weeks.

Under the heading of "you don't know what you don't know", what do I need to know?

Thanks.

Can someone tell me or direct me to a post for the best studios and 1BR for a theme park view of Paradise Pier? Thank you!

Can someone tell me or direct me to a post for the best studios and 1BR for a theme park view of Paradise Pier? Thank you!

from nonsuch's post #1614 :

My suggested villa request for the one bedroom:
6502, 5502, 4502, 3502, 5508, 4508, 3508

These rooms have a good WOC view. x508 have a slightly better WOC view, but the x502 - x504 two bedroom lock-off would have an better overall view.

From post #1538 :

Thanks to tips from this board, I requested studios 6504, 5504, 4504, 3504, 5510, 4510, 3510, 5516, 4516, 3516 and we got 5504.

mac_tlc

It's great that room requests are being granted!

Yep. We had 6502 for the 1/2 marathon/Labor Day weekend. Was the first on our list of requested rooms.

We also checked in super early that morning, before the parks opened, so we could do CA and reduce the chances of having our requested rooms assigned to others if we showed up later in the day.

A front desk CM told us the room assigners like seeing the actual rooms listed as it makes it easier than just seeing "near elevator" or some less specific request.

Works for me.

I hope I'm making someone's day and filling your wait list. I just cancelled a studio for the nights of January 20, 21 and 22! We will be there for the Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon and our DS and his GF have to go back to work Sunday. pixiedust:

Hi all. Taking our first ever DVC vacation at the VGC in two weeks.

Under the heading of "you don't know what you don't know", what do I need to know?

Thanks.

Bumping in case someone, somewhere has any sage advice for me. It's not like I asked an open-ended question or anything... :rolleyes1

If anyone is cancelling for this December, please let me know...unlikely I know, but one can wish right? ;)

I just booked 5 nights starting on Mother's Day for next year. So excited!

Anyone who recent returned: is wired internet still available? When I was there in May 2011 there was both wired and wireless and the wireless was slowwwwwwww. I'm arriving a week from Saturday and wanted to know if I should pack my router.

DebbieB said:
Anyone who recent returned: is wired internet still available? When I was there in May 2011 there was both wired and wireless and the wireless was slowwwwwwww. I'm arriving a week from Saturday and wanted to know if I should pack my router.

Don't know the answer BUT I'd be interested in your trip. I'm going to DL the same time next year.

Don't know the answer BUT I'd be interested in your trip. I'm going to DL the same time next year.

Disneyland in May can go either way but from our experience staying in the Grand Villas of VGC for last 2 years has been great! 2011 we were there the first week of May which happen to be the last Pirates movie premiere! :cool1:It was not that crowded at both parks for the days leading up to the premiere then they close Disneyland a little earlier than usual for this event! This year was a different story for the few days leading to Memorial weekend which was crowded! :confused3 Checked in on an early Thursday morning and was good til the evening due to it being Grad Nite (HS kids - none of mine of course,also got 1 day park hopper for the day before celebrating actual Grad Nite event) still not too bad. The biggest crowds seem to be Saturday - my group of teenagers were glad they were staying on property so they could get breaks from the crowd! Starting from mid May until early June is Grad Nites so just plan around this or go EARLY May and it should be fine!! I think the weather is the best around May as well - not too hot or cold! When & however you plan for May in DLR have a great time! Also to add for OP - Wi-Fi was fine for us EVERYTIME we have stayed and our last stay was Aug 18th 2012!:goodvibes

OOPS!!:blush: Maybe I didn't read this correctly but I guess you will be there sooner than in May! :scratchin LOL! :lmao: Well forget what I said then but enjoy your trip!! Also same to other poster! :blush:

DebbieB said:
Yes, wired is still available. Wireless performance is quite variable, so bring your router.
Both wired and wireless require accepting the hotel terms, so it can be difficult to use devices that do not have web browsers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter