The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I checked in today around noon. I emailed member services a couple of months ago with a list of 5 preferred room numbers, park views. Happy to say we got one of them, an awesome view! Waiting for World of Color in about 30 min!
Awesome, what room did you get? I did the same for our trip in November and am hopeful we are equally as successful! :goodvibes

Awesome, what room did you get? I did the same for our trip in November and am hopeful we are equally as successful! :goodvibes
Call me paranoid, but I don't post my room numbers until returning home.
Please post some pictures of your view also.

Yeah, I thought of that after I asked, and I agree ::yes::. Just got caught up in the excitement! But please post after you get home! :thumbsup2 I will do the same after our trip.

Thanks for the tip, I shall try! So telephoning the hotel is the best idea, aside from putting the requests in via DVC?
Actually, I phoned member services as soon as I realized his flight times. I don't think it would hurt to contact the hotel directly as well but they won't have the reservation info until closer to your date of travel.

I should also mention that my son was travelling late August, to run the DL half marathon, and arrived on a Friday night. Not like it was a quiet time of year.

Good luck!

In July we reserved the Grand Villa for three nights in June! It is consuming almost all of our points, but the whole family is coming. We took everyone to the Animal Kingdom two years ago and our son-in-law, who we didn't think was going to like Disney, became a real fan. Now we're really "coming home" to our own resort.

We've got some split stay fun coming up for our September trip, our first DVC trip! We're starting off off-site, then going into a studio for a few days, and then finishing up in a 1-bedroom for a night. Does anyone know what the usual process is for checking in from one room type to another? Is it correct to assume that they'll hold our bags for us at the front desk after we check out of the studio until the 1 bedroom is ready?

We've got some split stay fun coming up for our September trip, our first DVC trip! We're starting off off-site, then going into a studio for a few days, and then finishing up in a 1-bedroom for a night. Does anyone know what the usual process is for checking in from one room type to another? Is it correct to assume that they'll hold our bags for us at the front desk after we check out of the studio until the 1 bedroom is ready?

Yes they will hold your bags between rooms.

...We're starting off off-site, then going into a studio for a few days, and then finishing up in a 1-bedroom for a night. Does anyone know what the usual process is for checking in from one room type to another?
Check-in at VGC very early (6-7AM), this applies to both the studio and 1-bedroom. Only one person is needed to check-in, the rest of your party can sleep in. Early check-in prevents another guest from swapping for your assigned villa, or gives you the opportunity to make a swap.

GCH Bell Services will hold your bags when you arrive, collecting them directly from your car or taxi.
They will also collect your bags from your studio until your 1-bedroom is ready -- it is helpful to let bell services know the bags are being stored for a room change.

We just got back from another fabulous stay at VGC. Our first time was December 2013. And we got the EXACT same room this time :)

5504 is amazing! Love the view!

Both times I have submitted the list of preferred room numbers. And both times we have checked in very early (7 AM) on a Sunday morning.

We love this resort! I wish I could convince my DH to buy more points here. He thinks BLT is enough....

We just got back from another fabulous stay at VGC. Our first time was December 2013. And we got the EXACT same room this time :)

5504 is amazing! Love the view!

Both times I have submitted the list of preferred room numbers. And both times we have checked in very early (7 AM) on a Sunday morning.

We love this resort! I wish I could convince my DH to buy more points here. He thinks BLT is enough....
How fun, glad you had such a wonderful trip! I'd love to see pics of the view from your room if you took some, when you have a chance. :flower1:

I did take some :) I just need to learn how to post pics! Lol!
Great! The only way I've found to post pics is to load them to photobucket first and then copy a link, but there surely must be an easier way than that. Hopefully someone will jump in here and help us out! :goodvibes

...The only way I've found to post pics is to load them to photobucket first and then copy a link, but there surely must be an easier way than that.
The major update to the board software a few months ago added the ability to upload files.
When writing a post, click the "Upload a File" button. File size is restricted to 1MB and 1024 x 768 pixels.
The uploaded file will have buttons to insert either a "Thumbnail" or a "Full image" into the post.

The major update to the board software a few months ago added the ability to upload files.
When writing a post, click the "Upload a File" button. File size is restricted to 1MB and 1024 x 768 pixels.
The uploaded file will have buttons to insert either a "Thumbnail" or a "Full image" into the post.
Thanks, I will give that a try! I'm guessing the problem is most of my pictures are bigger than that, so I will have to resave at a lower level in order to use that method.

5502, 1 bedroom. I requested 6502, 5502, 4502, 5508, 4508. We checked in around noon on 8/9. The room was not ready but the cm confirmed we got our park view request. When I signed the paper, I saw 5502. Got the ready text around 2:15pm.

I agree.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Last edited:
5502, 1 bedroom. I requested 6502, 5502, 4502, 5508, 4508. We checked in around noon on 8/9. The room was not ready but the cm confirmed we got our park view request. When I signed the paper, I saw 5502. Got the ready text around 2:15pm.

I agree.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
Very cool, thank you so much for sharing your pictures!

I agree.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We were neighbors :) we were next door in the studio (5504) from 8/9-8/14. Lovely view!!!

10 days to check in. We have a 2-bedroom and a studio for 10 of us including 4 grandkids this time. Hoping to get our request of a great Paradise Pier view. Can't wait to be back.

Arriving in a week!!! 2BR for 7 of us and 2 late planners in a regular hotel room. I'm ready for another visit home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!