• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The value of DVC points to a DVC Members

The value to my family is the great vacations we have been able to take together over the years. We are able to take more vacations of a higher quality than we could have before we purchased DVC.

Instead of going to the Polynesian once per year and getting two connecting rooms, we now go to a DVC resort once or twice in a 2BR room and on a cruise as well.

HBC

It means we go to WDW up to 3 times a year and up to 28 days. It means we can take friends and family to WDW and offer them a great place to stay, and all they have to do is get themselves there and pay for admission.

It means we get at least 1 week of our Hawaii vacations in an exchange timeshare.

It means WDW is our second home!

On a monetary basis, points are worth about six bucks apiece.

On a sentimental basis, I would give up the wife first. (Please, don't tell my wife) :teeth:

MG

The points mean to me -having a great vacation with families and seeing your kids grow while going to Disney on vacation. Watching their facial expressions, laughing with them as they watch mickey or donald come past them, seeing them try to jump the waves at blizzard beach. Seeing the animals run past them at the Animal kingdom- That's what the points mean to me- Family and Disney are the same. JP

Great post!!

It means we see our kids being kids(and ourselves being kids too).

It means having a vacation that we really look forward too.

We get to meet other DVCers and DISers and form lasting friendships that in most ordinary vacations that wouldnt happen often.

It means relaxation and knowing we dont have to see and do it all this time. We'll be back, soon.

Nicer accomodations than we would normally never dream of.

Its a place we can watch our kids grow, and see the magic shine through them everytime they see Snow White or Cinderella or Mickey and Minnie.

Right now they mean my husband is in HHI with his golfing buddies and I am not with him!

DVC have allowed us, as a family of five, to stay in wonderful accomidations, which are located close to so many different things to do it isnt funny....

To me simply put - Everything ;)

What do DVC pts mean Disney? I really don't care!

To us it means going to our favorite place more often and having a home away from home.

Not rushing to see everything because we will be back again and again and again.

Enjoying WDW year after year with our DS.

Bringing our family and friends.

It means "Welcome home"

My DVC points will allow me to convince my brother not to stay in a value resort.
I can show him that the DVC resort really does cost less.

Based on what I am paying for my points, a studio at the DVC does cost less then the Pop Century resort (except on Friday and Saturday nights).

My points mean so much to me! They mean that I will make an attempt to take a vacation to my favorite place in the world at least once a yr. It means that I will be able to see my children enjoy WDW until I am in my 80's. And right now it means that I am moving on with my future and finally doing something for myself rather than put myself on the back burner! They mean that I won't have to stay in the values on every trip (not that I mind them, its just nice to have an upgrade one in a while) and that maybe instead of going from 7am-midnight everyday I can sit back and relax a bit. They mean so many things to me! They really are priceless to me!

For me it is a gift from my late wife to her children and 5 Granddaughters ages 9mos to 8 years. The 9mo old she never got to see . The last 2 years of her life we took one DS and family to WDW and were planning a second trip with our other DS and his family, which unfortunately I had to make without her.

I currently try to take each family at least twice a year, with a special trip this Thanksgiving with both families can't wait.

As noted, there is an emotional value and a financial value. DVC values our points about $5 pp. Most members value their points at $10 pp, so me more or less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter