Dump Eisner and his ultra-ego.

Get rid of that sucking noise we hear, better
known as ABC.

And like a previous poster stated, instead of
cutting hours, give people a reason to stay in
the parks longer

And like a previous poster stated, instead of
cutting hours, give people a reason to stay in the parks longer

But what if there simply are not enough people there? Isn't that the crux of the issue? The attendance numbers in general do not support your contention. Even if they had a great reason to be there longer, there still won't be enough of them to cover the park's costs.

They don't notice the vacuum cleaners, for heavens sakes! You notice them bc you go all the time.

Well said.

I am still waiting for the offical ruling on the policy here. Anyone found out whether this really has to do with the Co.?

I am still waiting for the offical ruling on the policy here. Anyone found out whether this really has to do with the Co.?

Dude, you're about 2 years too late for this question. What it has to do with the company I'll let others Discuss, but it is the bread and butter of this DIScussion Forum. It's what we do, IT's what we LIVE for.

What an interesting phenomenon, indeed....
Maybe interesting, but unless we are now calling the good Baron a representative sample of WDW's guests unto himself, his vacation habits are hardly a logical reason to believe nobody else is going back because of this.

But even that misses the point.

When you nickel and dime customers, some of them get fed up. But when you look at each individual nickel and dime, by themselves, none look significant enough to cause a guest to become "fed up".

They don't notice the vacuum cleaners, for heavens sakes! You notice them bc you go all the time.
Can only speak for myself on this one, but I don't go all the time.

But what if there simply are not enough people there? Isn't that the crux of the issue? The attendance numbers in general do not support your contention.
The contention is that in the long run, cuts, reduced services, and irritating vacuums, DO have a negative effect on attendance. Of course there are other UNcontrollable factors, like the economy and tourism in general. However, the belief of some is that Disney's position that 100% of the attendance decline is due to these uncontrollable factors is incorrect.

and you will find that most of them are there for a "once in a lifetime" trip.
Actually, WDW is very reliant on repeat visitors, though many do not visit every year.

Let The Statue Fall

Friday April 11 2003
Orlando (DIS News Service) - As unhappy guests scarf down Dole Whips deep in the heart of Adventureland right before the scheduled 2:00 pm closing time, and members of the Car Three Division, Chicago Brigrade, land at the renamed LandBaron International Airport, the Disney minister of information, Michael Ei$ner, insists that rumors of a Rumors Board presence in the city are false.

"I know inform you that you are too far from reality," said Ei$ner, barely audible over the sounds of the Bradley Fighting Hoovers sweeping up a litter pile not seen in Walt Disney World since angry mobs tore up annual passes in front of the statue of Ei$ner overlooking the SunBank ATM on Main Street when Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was closed down. "There are no Rumors Board infidels in Orlando. Never!"

Many in the parks disagreed as they watched the LandBaron and his family enjoy their day in the parks immensely, but with a careful eye to any 'cutbacks' or omissions of 'show.'

With LandBaron nearby rifling through an entire selection of gifts at one of the ubiquitious shops along Main Street desperately looking for anything un-Plush, Ei$ner stood calmly a couple of hundred yards away, on the roof of Train Station telling guests that none of this was happening. Smiling extra-wide, he said: "Don't repeat the lies of the liars."

Blah, blah, blah. Now. Don't take that the wrong way, my friend. It's just that for a guy who says he's not going back, you sure seem to spend a fair amount of virtual time posting some version of that statement on every thread. Give yourself a break from the heartache. Try knitting or some other less stress-inducing hobby...
LOL....

Could it be the same sentiment finds it's way into most of my posts because it's prevalant to just about every post lately? The only news coming out of Disney is how they're cutting this, cutting that, cutting from things that haven't even been formally announced yet....

My last statement about this thread....

I don't think anyone is leaving ONLY because of the 3rd mechanized devision. But I do think that people are leaving because of the disregard shown by the company to their guests via policies such as this (running the vacs through the GNK, etc). Matt summed it up quite well.

btw...Do you work for Disney (theoretical...I know the answer)? You're post mimic's Disney's attitude towards it's guests pretty well.

If you don't like it, then leave.

OK Scoop. Done.

I just returned from a conference in Orlando, and was at MK on Sat from 3 pm till closing. I haven't been to MK since the first DIS-Con.

The thread of this title jumped out at me......because I was shocked when I settled myself on a bench to watch the Castle colors and let the crowds die down.......when my "postcard moment" was interrupted by a huge you Kirby ! I was very dissapointed, and on the 5 hours of flying back home I came to the conclusion that for the same flight time Hawaii is in our family vacation future.

The other dissapointing thing I found at MK was a lack of single riders lines, the 3 pm parade, and the fireworks since they can't hold a candle to "believe" at DL.

so to recap:
1. It has been a few years since I was at MK
2. I immediatley noticed the sucking monsters
3. It has all ready effected my future plans on returning to WDW

We just got back from MK and was very annoyed by the giant vacuums!! Told my wife I was going to post a complaint about it and she says I would be the only one!! We were there for the fireworks 3 nights, right after the fireworks each night was an army of the biggest, loudest vacuums I have ever seen!! They ruined the evenings for me. We usually slowly exit the park, maybe shop alittle, humming to the beautiful music that is still playing over the loudspeakers (is this the kiss goodnight everyone is talking about?). i'm usually humming that music for a few days afterwards!! This last trip I couldn't even hear myself think!! We had to yell at the kids so they could hear us. It was actually a relief to get on the bus because it was quiet.

This topic is indicative of the very reason I love these boards - 72 posts on the topic of vacuum cleaners/sweepers cleaning the streets at closing time! :rotfl2: Thanks to everyone who contributed, bickered, got offended, fired back, bashed (the CM's, cleaning crew, leadership, customers, shows, and the World itself) got off-topic momentarily and rejoined the theme - after the day I had today, I really needed to laugh. :rotfl:

I'm pretty impressed by vanreg's literal interpretation of the "please use the search function" rule. Dude found a four year old thread to voice his concerns in.

Dude found a four year old thread to voice his concerns in.
What's even more depressing is that four years later people have grown to accept the Vaccums of Pain as just part of the "WDW experience". The concept of "show" has died.

Yes, vanreg deserves mad props for his use of the search functionality.

As for the Bradley Fighting Hoovers, yes they still annoy the heck out of me too. Our last trip was July/Aug of last year and they were out in force, long before closing actually, each night we were in the MK.

I even literally saw a couple of kids scramble out of their path to avoid being sucked up. They weren't in any real danger of course, as I'm sure the CM would have stopped. But the vacuum had approached to within about 10-15 feet or so as they were sitting on a Main Street curb. I only took note of it because I remembered all the old comments about "small children getting sucked up and never seen again."

What's even more depressing is that four years later people have grown to accept the Vaccums of Pain as just part of the "WDW experience". The concept of "show" has died.

I expect to hear any day now of a Splash Mt CM in full costume working Test Track while a headless Tigger sits on break in front of the castle eating his/her $10.00 2 finger chicken strip meal.

I have even worse fears.

That like someday Disney will have cheesy "auto stunt" shows, that they'll rip down the classic resorts to so they can build those stupid timeshare condos, that one day you won't even be able to swim in the lakes becasue of pollution.

That's almost as bad as a recurring nightmare I have where I'm trapped in a giant four story warehouse with giant bowling pins and yo-yo's while some evil accountant screams idiotic phrase like "Get Your Grove On" and "Do the Funky Chicken".

<shudder>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!