The Vacation Nazi and Mr. Spontaneity attempting to do Disney again

i like your plan- if there is a delay or something it could otherwise run you into the adr

I think my husband is concerned about driving at night - his reasoning is that when it's dark and monotonous, it's easier to get tired. I see his point .. I guess we're taking a "wait and see" approach.

Got some more stuff for the trip down. Toys R Us had a Tinkerbell magnetic doll set, so I grabbed that. And got her a maze book she could do in the car.

Our to-do list is getting smaller. We need to get an oil change and clean the car (the trunk, especially) and get a second camcorder battery. I got a few things yesterday. I'm still fighting off the urge to pack.

OK, the REAL final list of schedule with ADRs. I can't possibly change antoher thing so close to departure day, with all of the crap I've got going on in the next 12 days.

Sunday, Nov. 1 - Leaving NH as early as humanly possible.

Monday, Nov. 2 - Hopefully arrive around check-in time or earlier. Get our stuff into the room and go to DD if there's time. Possibilities for that night are going to Mickey's Mart, Planet Hollywood for an appetizer and/or maybe that balloon ride. Dinner reservations at 1900 Park Fare at 8:05pm.

Tuesday, Nov. 3 - EPCOT (EMH in the AM). DH goes to do Mission: Space while DD and I get FPs for Soarin, then meet up at the Seas. Do as much of Future World as we can (including MS, TT, Soarin', character meet & greet for Visa cardholders, Nemo, Turtle Talk and some Kidcot spots) Have lunch at the Rose & Crown pub and take our time around the WS. I WOULD like to catch British Invasion and Off Kilter, do the "Pick a Pearl" in Japan and see Billy Ocean at the American Gardens Theater. 6:50pm Princess Dinner at Akershus, then Illuminations.

Wednesday, Nov. 4 - MAGIC KINGDOM. Head towards the castle and see Tinkerbell's Treasures (DD LOVES her!) I'll get FPs for BTMR and I'll meet DH and DD at the entrance of Toontown so she can hopefully meet Tink. After that, I have a BIG list of stuff we want to do and see (tops are Philharmagic, Splash, BTMR, Toontown houses, Buzz, Laughfloor and Haunted Mansion). Tony's dinner reservations at 6:25pm.

Thursday, Nov. 5 - MAGIC KINGDOM again. (EMH in the AM). Do whatever we didn't get a chance to the day before. Maybe head back to the hotel for a nap and a swim, since we have 7:55pm reservations at Chef Mickey's.

Friday, Nov. 6 - ANIMAL KINGDOM. (EMH in the PM). I get FPs for Everest and meet DH and DD at Dinoland (or whatever it's called) DH goes on Dinosaur and meets us at the Boneyard when he's done. I'd love to see Nemo right away, but we'll see. Big attractions we want to see other than those are FotLK, Kali River, Safari .. 5pm reservations at Yak & Yeti's.

Saturday, Nov. 7 - Hotel/Pool day. 3:20pm tea reservations at Garden View Tea Lounge with DD, and then meet DH for our 5:15pm reservations for the Spirit of Aloha luau. IF it rains, we'll eat at Kona Cafe.

Now for the two switches!!
Sunday, Nov. 8 - Pool/hotel day. Whispering Canyon at 2:20pm Reason for this switch in the following description.

Monday, Nov. 9 - Hollywood Studios. I grab FPs for TSM and meet DH and DD at Little Mermaid. We plan on doing/seeing about 2/3rds of the stuff here, but it's a small park, so do-able. 2pm reservations at Hollywood & Vine. We switched this because of Fantasmic. DH and I have seen it and don't really mind missing it this time around. I think the combination of Fantasmic showing only twice a week now, and it being a weekend, would cause that park to be insane, so we agreed to go on Monday instead. That would ensure that we get to do/see a lot more. And it happens to be EMH in the evening that night. If we need them, we'll use them. If not, early to bed.

Tuesday, Nov. 10 - Leaving today :( Cape May Cafe at 910 am.

So that's that.

I started packing my DD's clothes tonight. I have special shirts/outfits for every park, and a Hawaiian-style dress for the luau, so I've coordinated them with shorts and put them in individual Ziploc bags with socks (if she's wearing sneakers that day) and undies and labeled them by park AND day. I also made two bags with alternate outfits, and I'll have a sweater with us at all times, plus pants just in case. Got her bathing suits together .. I'm holding off on packing sweaters because she's using them still. Pants, sweaters, sweatshirts and jackets will be packed last minute.

Looks good! so you have to htel/pool days back to back? did I read that right?

We always do MK 1st and last day.. I have to see the castle before I leave, or i'll has a sad! have fun packing!

do you have an extra day of passes on your tickets? if so, you could make a half day at whereever you didn't get it all done on one of your pool days. i'm not sure how many day passes you got, but for us it was only like 2 or 3 bucks a person to add an extra day so that we could go in the morning of departure day too.

Yep, back to back pool days. We weren't really crazy about that, but REALLY didn't want to be at DHS on a weekend Fantasmic night. I was lucky to be able to switch those ADRs, I couldn't switch ANY others. :confused3

And no, no extra days. But I never thought of that .. I guess I was too concerned about the thought of having those tickets and wasting them. I'd probably cry over that :laughing: But I doubt DH would want to bother. We only have two rest days, and one of them is kind of packed (tea, luau) so we won't get as much relaxation as we hoped for on that day. If we add another day to do a park for half of Sunday, we'd lose that day too. And I don't think we'd have time to use it on departure day - we have breakfast reservations at 9am and then we'll need to get on the road. We have to drive all the way home! And we wanted to spread it out for a more restful trip back. I think a park that day would knock my DH right out.

Nice PTR!
We're Jersey folks doing Jersey Week. Hoping it is not too bad.
Nov 2-8 - CSR followed by Nick Hotel. We won a trip that included airfare and Nick Hotel through Parents Magazine, so we tacked on the CSR portion ourselves. Haven't been since November 1999, and it will be my son's first trip (turned 5 in Sept). It's a surprise, we're not telling him until we get to the airport!
Our tentative plans:
Nov 2 DHS - 3:25 ADR Sci-fi. Hoping to Hope to MK for Wishes.
Nov 3 - MK - 7:45 WCC ADR - I keep trying for earlier so we can see Wishes again! Or 'Ohana, but no dice!
Nov 4 - Epcot - 6:30 ADR Biergarten
Nov 5 - DHS - 8 am ADR for Hollywood and Vine. Will hop over to AK around 11:30 or so.
Nov 6 - Rest and pool day at Nick Hotel -weather permitting. 5:30 ADR at Raglan Rd - could possibly hop to MK for a bit after.
Nov 7 - hop back to whatver park and rides the 5 year old wants to repeat.
Nov 8th - 10 am flight home :-(

I have my guest bedroom as my "staging area" -random things I think we need are getting thrown in there, but no real rhyme or reason yet.
you are so organized - I need to get my butt in gear!
My son loves pressed penny machines so my next errand is to get a mini M&M tube and load it with quarters and pennies!

For a second I thought we were both in MK on the 3rd .. I'm getting my days confused. It's all this switching ADRs! :laughing:

I've got enough pennies and quarters in an envelope for her to make 11 pennies. I can't deal with any more coins than that!

I really need rehab or something. I was at the Disney Store AGAIN today. But for a good reason - they had the "Halloween Dress Rehearsal" so Talia got to test out her Belle costume. It was cute, there were probably about 35-40 kids there. It was a ZOO! Three kids (mine was one of them!) won a stuffed Minnie dressed as a witch for Halloween. And of course, I had to buy another shirt for me. Shopping for the kid is done, but that doesn't mean *I* can't grab a shirt here or there! I also bought (the other day) a pair of silver Mickey Head earrings with crystals in each circle. They're studs, and really cute (normally $69, got them for $20). I wanted to get SOMETHING, I only have 2 Disney shirts and one I think might be a little too small (it was on clearance and I LOVED it, but they didn't have my size :laughing: )

So we're down to 8 days :goodvibes My daughter's suitcase is mostly packed. We've got an INSANE week coming up, which I'll post about .. let's alls end us good vibes - no getting sick, anyone! I need some major pixie dust .. I've had my flu shot, but I'm always getting sick. I haven't yet, so I'm due. :confused3

SUNDAY: baby shower from 1-4pm, concert from 7-10pm. And we're supposed to meet our friends for drinks before that.

MONDAY: DD has school and my mother is coming up for the night from Mass. DH and I are going to Salem Mass for the Halloween festivities.

TUESDAY: Hair appt (badly need a foil) at noon, driving my mother home after that. Start packing.

WEDNESDAY: DD has school, dr. appt. at 11am

THURSDAY: Watching my nephew all day.

FRIDAY: Nothing, thankfully. Last minute packing/shopping.

SATURDAY: Organizing everything, start packing the car, trick or treating that night. Leaving at about 3am.

My MIL said the clocks go back that night. That's a GREAT thing, because it means we can leave at 4am and still technically be leaving at 3am. We'll get an extra hour of sleep. I'm making DH take a nap that day, too. I'll load the car while he's napping.

I can't believe we're so close! DH just finished shooting his last wedding and said he's in "full Tinkerbell mode" now :lmao:

Today I bought some stuff for the hotel stay (2 cases of water, Lysol spray, Lysol wipes, granola bars, PB crackers, etc) and DH got an oil change and inspection sticker on the car. I've updated some of my Disney planning folder inserts.

Question - it seems like two sites (Steve Soares and wdw-something-or-other) says that Spectro will show on Nov. 4 and not 5th, but the DISNEY site says it's the opposite. Who to believe? I've emailed Disney to see (if it's Thursday then that AWESOME, because we'll be able to see it. If not, then we'll be in Tony's so we might miss most of it. I guess I'll wait and see.)

I also just did online check-in. Decided not to add a card to the res. What's the point? We've been saving cash in my DD's piggy bank (Mickey and Friends in a car .. how appropriate! :laughing: ) for months and that's what we're taking. I don't like the idea of it (I'd rather put everyone on a card and use the cash to pay it off) but my DH is a cash-only kinda guy. :confused3 Wonder if I can get him to change his mind in the next SIX DAYS!!!!!!

FWIW, it was nice to just have to carry one card for everything...but I do see your point about being cash-only.

Have you ever seen Spectro before? I highly recommend it :thumbsup2

I think we saw pieces of it? I really want Talia to see it, but if it's only showing on Wednesday, I'd have to choose between that and Wishes. (Chef Mickey's on Thursday at 8pm, so I'd miss it). I'll have to just wait and see.

Less than 24 hours before we leave and my DD is sick. Took her to the dr. yesterday and still got the OK to go, she's not contagious or anything. She has an inflamed windpipe that gives her a barky cough and a bit of breathing restriction when she's sleeping. We've been giving her Motrin and got a prescription for an inhaler in case she needs it. No temp, no aches. I just want her to feel GREAT for her first trip! :(

I can't believe I stressed for two weeks about someone getting sick and then it actually HAPPENED. I guess I'm glad it happened before we went and were able to get to her dr before we left.

We're mostly packed, about 95% now. Plan for today is to get all of the stuff downstairs, prep the food for the cooler and get through trick-or-treating. We're leaving EARLY tomorrow morning! (hopefully around 3-4am!)

We had a great time ... I'm typing up my trip report and hoping to have it started tomorrow! Had a little bump in the pic uploading department, but they're going now ... over 2,000 pictures taken!

hey glad to hear you got back ok and had fun! gonna check your siggy to see if you are doing a tr!

Yes, the link is there and I've started it. I kinda forgot about this PTR in my hurry to get my TR going! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter