The unofficial waiting to make Be Our Guest ADRs thread-8/20 7am

We just got back last night from WDW and can't wait for our January trip, especially for Fantasyland to open up. To our surprise yesterday after being inside Mickey's Philharmagic an announcement was made that Disney is doing a testing on one of the new attractions at Fantasyland and if we had an hour to spare and would like to take part please head back to the blue construction walls and cast members will direct you from there. So of course we went to check it out, we only had 1.5 hours until we had to catch the ME to the airport but we weren't going to miss this opportunity to be some of the first to see parts of the new Fantasyland additions. :dance3:

DD had a Belle outfit on and the CMs leading us into Fantasyland kept making a fuss over DD. So we started to think we were going to see some of the new Beauty and the Beast areas of Fantasyland.

Just let me tell you the details we saw were AMAZING :cloud9:.

We got to enter in Maurice's cottage. Hanging on a wall is a picture of Belle as a child with her mom. There is also a growth chart of Belle on one of the walls. We of course had our DD stand next to it to see where she compared with Belle. There is even the book that Belle is reading in the movie and the sheep took a bite out of the page sitting on a table inside the cottage.

Then they take you into Maurice's workshop. There are blueprints all over the place and a beautiful mirror hanging on one of the walls. We made sure to stand in front of the mirror. Once everyone is inside, the CM tells you no more flash photography and asks us to repeat after him. "Show us the night Belle and Beast fall in love" The mirror then transforms into a doorway and we are asked to walk through. It was so magically to see the mirror transform and then walk into Beast's castle. :wizard:

Once inside the castle, which is breathtaking :cloud9: , another CM is there with the enchanted wardrobe. Yes, there is a lifesize talking/animated wardrobe inside this room. They explain that the Beast wants to surprise Belle by having us "villagers" help retell the story of how they met. They ask for villagers to help act out the parts. DH was picked to be one of the "marching" knights. The villager actors are given props for their roles and we all practice our "parts".

We are then lead into the Castle Library and Luminaire is on the mantle to meet us along with two additional CMs. The actors are asked to take their places and the rest of us "villagers" are asked to take a seat on three different rows of benches. We decided to sit on the far right side of the room up front to be position in front of DH. WHich happened to be a great spot because we were seated right next to the door that Belle entered and exited. Everyone acted out their parts and they had a Photopass photographer taking pictures. All the actors got a bookmark from Belle and a special photopass card with Belle on the card. I wasn't planning on buying photopass from this trip but now I might be tempted once I load up all our cards.

I am so excited that we got see this firsthand and now can't wait to see the rest of fantasyland in January. We didn't make reservations for BOG and now I am regretting it since we got to see some of the new Fantasyland yesterday. I guess I will keep trying to add BOG or just try our luck for lunch in January. :goodvibes

Thanks for shareing your expierence, sounds fantastic I can not wait for our trip in Nov/ Dec :yay:

We are so excited to try this restaurant! We will be having dinner on January 5 at 6:05pm. We will be at WDW December 30-January 13 so we might try for lunch at some point during those 2 weeks as well. :)

Congrats on the pixiedust you recieved while on your trip! Thanks so much for the details I can't wait to go now!:goodvibes

I am so excited that we got see this firsthand and now can't wait to see the rest of fantasyland in January. We didn't make reservations for BOG and now I am regretting it since we got to see some of the new Fantasyland yesterday. I guess I will keep trying to add BOG or just try our luck for lunch in January. :goodvibes

What an exciting adventure you had! I hope you are able to get your reservations for BOG for your Jan trip.

mickeyplanner, thank you for the report. I am so excited to take dgd in February. I'm thinkin we won't even need hoppers on that trip!

Ive got my BOG, and with 16 and 18 yo, I didn't think we'd spend much more time there, but after looking at the blog and hearing Mickey Planners report, there will clearly be more to do there than just "see" the new FL. My girls will love being in Belles story!
Wonder if this will be a FP attraction? I'm just imagining the queues at the "park that cannot be named" for the "wand" activity, which is similar and this show looks even more extensive than that one! Of course you do move from room to room, which is the Disney genius way of moving crowds through, but it looks like room doesn't hold many more than maybe 50?, 60? Given that this will be new, I'm wondering how they will manage the line?:confused3

Each room we went into did have a small occupancy, I should have taken a picture. I think the number was around 47 maximum occupancy. But I did notice when we were waiting in line that there were two different exit points, so maybe that mean there are two storytimes going on at one time?

Ive got my BOG, and with 16 and 18 yo, I didn't think we'd spend much more time there, but after looking at the blog and hearing Mickey Planners report, there will clearly be more to do there than just "see" the new FL. My girls will love being in Belles story!
Wonder if this will be a FP attraction? I'm just imagining the queues at the "park that cannot be named" for the "wand" activity, which is similar and this show looks even more extensive than that one! Of course you do move from room to room, which is the Disney genius way of moving crowds through, but it looks like room doesn't hold many more than maybe 50?, 60? Given that this will be new, I'm wondering how they will manage the line?:confused3

Josh did a great write up with pictures on the easywdw site.

I think he indicated there were two different pre-show rooms with the animated cabinet that the workshop mirror can empty to and then two libraries off those. So they may be able to run 4 at time. I think he said the Belle part took about 15 minutes. I assume one group is in each of Belles cottage rooms at a time, and they can advance once about every 3 minutes, which to me puts the capacity around 1000 guests an hour (12:00 50 people to A1; 12:03 50 people to B1; 12:06 50 people to A2; 12:09 50 people to A3; 12:12 50 people to B2; 12:15 50 people to A1.

Hopefully there are more rooms that weren't running, from some of the pictures it looks to me like there could be more libraries off the pre-show room.

I think he indicated there were two different pre-show rooms with the animated cabinet that the workshop mirror can empty to and then two libraries off those.

Sounds like the same idea as the haunted mansion with its twin stretching rooms, or the indoor autograph locations where there is more than one room for each character (cough, what?!) and small groups from the queue are fed into each room in turn.

Andre

Josh did a great write up with pictures on the easywdw site.

I think he indicated there were two different pre-show rooms with the animated cabinet that the workshop mirror can empty to and then two libraries off those. So they may be able to run 4 at time. I think he said the Belle part took about 15 minutes. I assume one group is in each of Belles cottage rooms at a time, and they can advance once about every 3 minutes, which to me puts the capacity around 1000 guests an hour (12:00 50 people to A1; 12:03 50 people to B1; 12:06 50 people to A2; 12:09 50 people to A3; 12:12 50 people to B2; 12:15 50 people to A1.

Hopefully there are more rooms that weren't running, from some of the pictures it looks to me like there could be more libraries off the pre-show room.
That makes sense...so thats a lot of folks moving all the time and "ahem" more than one "guest star":eek:;) as Andre pointed out.
Sorry to get OT...just interesting news!

Sounds like the same idea as the haunted mansion with its twin stretching rooms, or the indoor autograph locations where there is more than one room for each character (cough, what?!) and small groups from the queue are fed into each room in turn.

Andre

My brother was in the college program back when toon town had the show where you could go back to see Mickey in his dressing room. There was one CM assigned whose whole job was to move the star that said "Mickey" from one door to the next every time the curtain closed before a new group was ushered into the waiting area.

gwmort said:
My brother was in the college program back when toon town had the show where you could go back to see Mickey in his dressing room. There was one CM assigned whose whole job was to move the star that said "Mickey" from one door to the next every time the curtain closed before a new group was ushered into the waiting area.

No pressure on that job!

We just got back last night from WDW and can't wait for our January trip, especially for Fantasyland to open up. To our surprise yesterday after being inside Mickey's Philharmagic an announcement was made that Disney is doing a testing on one of the new attractions at Fantasyland and if we had an hour to spare and would like to take part please head back to the blue construction walls and cast members will direct you from there. So of course we went to check it out, we only had 1.5 hours until we had to catch the ME to the airport but we weren't going to miss this opportunity to be some of the first to see parts of the new Fantasyland additions. :dance3:

DD had a Belle outfit on and the CMs leading us into Fantasyland kept making a fuss over DD. So we started to think we were going to see some of the new Beauty and the Beast areas of Fantasyland.

Just let me tell you the details we saw were AMAZING :cloud9:.

We got to enter in Maurice's cottage. Hanging on a wall is a picture of Belle as a child with her mom. There is also a growth chart of Belle on one of the walls. We of course had our DD stand next to it to see where she compared with Belle. There is even the book that Belle is reading in the movie and the sheep took a bite out of the page sitting on a table inside the cottage.

Then they take you into Maurice's workshop. There are blueprints all over the place and a beautiful mirror hanging on one of the walls. We made sure to stand in front of the mirror. Once everyone is inside, the CM tells you no more flash photography and asks us to repeat after him. "Show us the night Belle and Beast fall in love" The mirror then transforms into a doorway and we are asked to walk through. It was so magically to see the mirror transform and then walk into Beast's castle. :wizard:

Once inside the castle, which is breathtaking :cloud9: , another CM is there with the enchanted wardrobe. Yes, there is a lifesize talking/animated wardrobe inside this room. They explain that the Beast wants to surprise Belle by having us "villagers" help retell the story of how they met. They ask for villagers to help act out the parts. DH was picked to be one of the "marching" knights. The villager actors are given props for their roles and we all practice our "parts".

We are then lead into the Castle Library and Luminaire is on the mantle to meet us along with two additional CMs. The actors are asked to take their places and the rest of us "villagers" are asked to take a seat on three different rows of benches. We decided to sit on the far right side of the room up front to be position in front of DH. WHich happened to be a great spot because we were seated right next to the door that Belle entered and exited. Everyone acted out their parts and they had a Photopass photographer taking pictures. All the actors got a bookmark from Belle and a special photopass card with Belle on the card. I wasn't planning on buying photopass from this trip but now I might be tempted once I load up all our cards.

OK, sorry to be so dense about all of this but Im just starting/trying to catch up on all the news about BOG (since we hope to go in April), and am wondering if what is described above is a separate attraction or is it part of the BOG restaurant? Thinking that maybe this is what you get to see while waiting for your table to be ready??

Thanks so much. Hoping to get a dinner ADR at BOG in April and so looking forward to it!

Karen :)

OK, sorry to be so dense about all of this but Im just starting/trying to catch up on all the news about BOG (since we hope to go in April), and am wondering if what is described above is a separate attraction or is it part of the BOG restaurant? Thinking that maybe this is what you get to see while waiting for your table to be ready??

Thanks so much. Hoping to get a dinner ADR at BOG in April and so looking forward to it!

That is a separate attraction that you can see without an ADR at BOG :goodvibes

Nov

Nov 19*: SRUAlmn/2 people, derrickmom/3 people, sweeteypie1118, bizeemom4/1 person
Nov 20: wvaspartan/2 people, momt2dkids/4 people, Nanabug02/10 people, TiggerTrigger/4 people
Nov 21: lillisalou/8 people
Nov 23: Minnie_Mom/6 people, PrincessPiperMommy, smileybug/2 people
Nov 24: rafiki14/ 3 people, LisaCat/ emmebear (2 people, 7:30pm)
Nov 25*:mommyof3princess27/11ppl, cree629/4 people, jtsmom/ 4 people
Nov 26: Sinderelly/2 people, Mickey_Fanatic, CapeCodPrincess/ 2people, My_Beautiful_Melody/ 4 people, Riding2Win
Nov 27: nancyg56/5 people,Kcharming/4 people dznyacct, Mary T in PA/4 people
Nov 28: pooh101/4 people, hmdavid/6 people, StilAPrincessAtHeart 3 people, Eliza’sMom/ 6 people, disneychic/ 2 people, N&B’smom/4 people, ivey_family; tack/3 people
Nov 29*: aroundtheriverbend/6 people, KingdomHeartsFan/1 person, sjs314/2 people
Nov 30*: theguda/ 7 people

Dec
Dec 1*: summerw/4 people
Dec 2*: beansmom/2 people
Dec 3: dizzytizzy/ 3 people, Cirrius, DISNEYLOVER70, wahmtexas, brendasol, sunnysideup3/6 people
Dec 4*: mickeysgirl17/3 people, N&B’smom/4 people
Dec 5*: ILikeWaffles/2 people, DisneyMama/4 people,
Dec 6*: csmom/2 people, longing4disney/5 people, ClareH37/2 people
Dec 7*:
Dec 8: ClareH37/4 people, ccaliri/ 6 people, sjv919/2 people, dnsmills/2 people
Dec 9: czmom/4 people, disneysunshine12/ 4 people
Dec 10: cmaee/4 people, cindy0519/ 13 people
Dec 11*: DisneyGuess/6 people, Cadyrose/2 people, tofubeast, allielew, destructsean/2 people
Dec 12: ejrj/7 people,2012DisneyWorldBride / 2 people, pilferk/6people, Stasia5/5 people, KSROMACK-PARTY OF 2, goffy4tink, MDChris/4 people
Dec 13: CiCiBee/2 people, AquaDame('s Mom)/2 people, BubMunkeyBlues/8 people, Kcags/ 4 people, DrivnMeUpTheWall-E/2 people, iluvwdw4ever, Nixie/2 people
Dec 14: ses1230/5 people, disnewbie/ 6 people, JandCsmom, TennHokies, Mom Poppins /9 people
Dec 15: Mom2rtk/5 people, cmaee/4 people, Belle4311, mouselike-harrier/ 4 people, TeresaNJ/2 people
Dec 16 : Disneymadhouse /3 people, kltigger/2 people, herewego1/ 4 people, DisneyKentucky, emmebear (2 people, 4:50pm)
Dec 17: starousse /8 people, jgraney106/3 people, WDWFAN_1971/5 people
Dec 18: mamacass, kltigger/2 lucky people
Dec 19: DisneyKentucky, synder71
Dec 20: kasedroz/5 people
Dec 21: mamacass, Lightning_McQueen/2 people
Dec 22: rapunzel21/4 pax
Dec 24: mrstomrice/4 people
Dec 25: iluvwdw4ever
Dec 26: CaptainKat/5 people, RoyalMom / 8 people
Dec 28: okw2012/5 people, MSUmom/8 people
Dec 30*: Disneyqueendenmark /2 people, DisneyFanInLINY/ 10 people
Dec 31: iluvwdw4ever, DisneyMama21 5 people

Jan
Jan 1: cjlvsccm/ 2 people
Jan 1: M&C / 4 people
Jan 2: leitadala / 6 people
Jan 3: michellev/ 10 people, Disney5Mom/5 people
Jan 4: baldy6060/4 people; Quicklabs/2 peopleJan 7: addicted2dizney/ 3 people
Jan 6: Bozni/ 4 people
Jan 8: gripp35, jlovesee/ 4 people
Jan 9: peaceluv&mickeymouse/4 people, dvcmaureen/2 people, DLR29/4 people
Jan 10: 3Leafs/5 people
Jan 11: StarGirl11/2 people; Quicklabs/2 people (yep, we're going twice), MissPrice/2 people, Weesignlanguage/3 people
Jan 12: Princess Serendipity/ 2 people
Jan 14: jimandami/ 2 people
Jan 15: ZellyB/2 people, KayTom/2 people
Jan 16: Soccer_Princess/3 people, SonicGuy/ 7 people
Jan 18: Weesignlanguage/3people; NHTikiBeckie/2 peopleJan 20: Princess Serendipity/ 2 people, smga1/5 people
Jan 29: MissyRose

Feb 1: buzznwoody/ 12 people

Feb 3: mrstomrice/4 people; Beansmom/2 people
Feb 5: jonesloonybin/4 people(no cc#)threekmom / 3 people
Feb 7: EEs*mommy/8 people
Feb 11: littlekid58/4 people EEs*mommy/8 people
Feb 14: jendujka/4 people, kmccain/2 people 5:30pm, ryansstitch/2 people 7:10 pm
Feb 17: AndreWilley (5 people, 7:05pm)
Feb 22: FGB (4 people 5:35)

Mar

Mar 03 Rockydek ( 2ppl 4PM)

That is a separate attraction that you can see without an ADR at BOG :goodvibes

Thank you so much hmdavid. I really have to catch up on all of this.
So much to do and so little time :crazy2:

Nov

Nov 19*: SRUAlmn/2 people, derrickmom/3 people, sweeteypie1118, bizeemom4/1 person
Nov 20: wvaspartan/2 people, momt2dkids/4 people, Nanabug02/10 people, TiggerTrigger/4 people
Nov 21: lillisalou/8 people
Nov 23: Minnie_Mom/6 people, PrincessPiperMommy, smileybug/2 people
Nov 24: rafiki14/ 3 people, LisaCat/ emmebear (2 people, 7:30pm)
Nov 25*:mommyof3princess27/11ppl, cree629/4 people, jtsmom/ 4 people
Nov 26: Sinderelly/2 people, Mickey_Fanatic, CapeCodPrincess/ 2people, My_Beautiful_Melody/ 4 people, Riding2Win
Nov 27: nancyg56/5 people,Kcharming/4 people dznyacct, Mary T in PA/4 people
Nov 28: pooh101/4 people, hmdavid/6 people, StilAPrincessAtHeart 3 people, Eliza’sMom/ 6 people, disneychic/ 2 people, N&B’smom/4 people, ivey_family; tack/3 people
Nov 29*: aroundtheriverbend/6 people, KingdomHeartsFan/1 person, sjs314/2 people
Nov 30*: theguda/ 7 people

Dec
Dec 1*: summerw/4 people
Dec 2*: beansmom/2 people
Dec 3: dizzytizzy/ 3 people, Cirrius, DISNEYLOVER70, wahmtexas, brendasol, sunnysideup3/6 people
Dec 4*: mickeysgirl17/3 people, N&B’smom/4 people
Dec 5*: ILikeWaffles/2 people, DisneyMama/4 people,
Dec 6*: csmom/2 people, longing4disney/5 people, ClareH37/2 people
Dec 7*:
Dec 8: ClareH37/4 people, ccaliri/ 6 people, sjv919/2 people, dnsmills/2 people
Dec 9: czmom/4 people, disneysunshine12/ 4 people
Dec 10: cmaee/4 people, cindy0519/ 13 people
Dec 11*: DisneyGuess/6 people, Cadyrose/2 people, tofubeast, allielew, destructsean/2 people
Dec 12: ejrj/7 people,2012DisneyWorldBride / 2 people, pilferk/6people, Stasia5/5 people, KSROMACK-PARTY OF 2, goffy4tink, MDChris/4 people
Dec 13: CiCiBee/2 people, AquaDame('s Mom)/2 people, BubMunkeyBlues/8 people, Kcags/ 4 people, DrivnMeUpTheWall-E/2 people, iluvwdw4ever, Nixie/2 people
Dec 14: ses1230/5 people, disnewbie/ 6 people, JandCsmom, TennHokies, Mom Poppins /9 people
Dec 15: Mom2rtk/5 people, cmaee/4 people, Belle4311, mouselike-harrier/ 4 people, TeresaNJ/2 people
Dec 16 : Disneymadhouse /3 people, kltigger/2 people, herewego1/ 4 people, DisneyKentucky, emmebear (2 people, 4:50pm)
Dec 17: starousse /8 people, jgraney106/3 people, WDWFAN_1971/5 people
Dec 18: mamacass, kltigger/2 lucky people
Dec 19: DisneyKentucky, synder71
Dec 20: kasedroz/5 people
Dec 21: mamacass, Lightning_McQueen/2 people
Dec 22: rapunzel21/4 pax
Dec 24: mrstomrice/4 people
Dec 25: iluvwdw4ever
Dec 26: CaptainKat/5 people, RoyalMom / 8 people
Dec 28: okw2012/5 people, MSUmom/8 people
Dec 30*: Disneyqueendenmark /2 people, DisneyFanInLINY/ 10 people
Dec 31: iluvwdw4ever, DisneyMama21 5 people

Jan
Jan 1: cjlvsccm/ 2 people
Jan 1: M&C / 4 people
Jan 2: leitadala / 6 people
Jan 3: michellev/ 10 people, Disney5Mom/5 people
Jan 4: baldy6060/4 people; Quicklabs/2 peopleJan 7: addicted2dizney/ 3 people
Jan 6: Bozni/ 4 people
Jan 8: gripp35, jlovesee/ 4 people
Jan 9: peaceluv&mickeymouse/4 people, dvcmaureen/2 people, DLR29/4 people
Jan 10: 3Leafs/5 people
Jan 11: StarGirl11/2 people; Quicklabs/2 people (yep, we're going twice), MissPrice/2 people, Weesignlanguage/3 people
Jan 12: Princess Serendipity/ 2 people
Jan 14: jimandami/ 2 people
Jan 15: ZellyB/2 people, KayTom/2 people
Jan 16: Soccer_Princess/3 people, SonicGuy/ 7 people
Jan 18: Weesignlanguage/3people; NHTikiBeckie/2 peopleJan 20: Princess Serendipity/ 2 people, smga1/5 people
Jan 29: MissyRose

Feb 1: buzznwoody/ 12 people

Feb 3: mrstomrice/4 people; Beansmom/2 people
Feb 5: jonesloonybin/4 people(no cc#)threekmom / 3 people
Feb 7: EEs*mommy/8 people
Feb 8: LucyBC80 / 7:30pm / 2 People
Feb 11: littlekid58/4 people EEs*mommy/8 people
Feb 14: jendujka/4 people, kmccain/2 people 5:30pm, ryansstitch/2 people 7:10 pm
Feb 17: AndreWilley (5 people, 7:05pm)
Feb 22: FGB (4 people 5:35)

Mar

Mar 03 Rockydek

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter