The Unofficial Ask-a-Question Get-an-Answer Thread

Are there Fall decorations up at MK during September besides during the MNSSHP?
Last year the fall decorations were put up the week before labor day...they are up until early November

Does anyone know if they decorate HM at MK for Nightmare Before Chirstmas like they do at DL. Between October-December.:rolleyes1

Nope. They most definitely don't do this.
Is it really true that fast passes for TSM are gone by 10 am?

I would say most of the time no, but probably depends on crowd level. By 10 AM, you are probably talking about a 3 PM to 5 PM return time...and they are likely gone by between 11 AM and 12 noon.

My question is for those that have stayed at the WL:
If I am at the WL, and I want to get to the GF...is it true I can just hop a bus to any of the parks (well, besides MK) and those busses will stop at the GF. I seem to remember reading WL shares busses with the Poly and GF, but I can't remember where I saw that.

TIA,

SkierPete
SkierPete

My question is for those that have stayed at the WL:
If I am at the WL, and I want to get to the GF...is it true I can just hop a bus to any of the parks (well, besides MK) and those busses will stop at the GF. I seem to remember reading WL shares busses with the Poly and GF, but I can't remember where I saw that.

TIA,

SkierPete
SkierPete

You are probably better off taking the boat to Magic Kingdom and then either the boat to the Grand Floridian or switch to the monorail. The busses are sometimes shared, but not always.

New question: In order to stay on Disney grounds are you required to have tickets to the parks? Basically my party and I are wanting to do two days at Universal but want to stay at Disney still...do they require you to move?

No but if you stay at a universal hotel you get front of the line access.

Denise in MI

As far as I know, this is not true any more about keeping the same rate for your whole trip when it spans 2 different price seasons. That did used to be true. Now you are charged per night based on whatever season it is. So when it switches from holiday to value, your rate per night will change accordingly (and sadly, the same thing happens when you go from value to holiday - we used to go in around President's Day and get a low rate for the whole trip if it started before the prices went up - this is no longer true).Yes this is now how it is done.

But I do agree that making 2 reservations is the way to go if you have some kind of deal offered to you that you can't use during the holiday season, but could use starting a few days later.

Denise in MI

The quote below is the answer I got from DisneyPark on Twitter a few weeks back.

@fupresti Yes, you’ll be able to use snack credits on food at marketplace kiosks.

This is true, but just to note the OP asked about the KTTW card, not the dining plan. If you are not on the DDP you can still use your KTTW at the kiosks, as long as you've attached a credit card to it when you checked in.

1.What do all these initals mean??? TSM??? Can someone tell me the most common ones used on this board. I like seeing what you all are talking about but I don't understand half of it!!! :eek:

2.Also on my upcoming 1st trip to Disney World....what rides should I go get a fastpass for as soon as I get there?? And what park is the ride in??

Thank you!!!!! ;)

1.What do all these initals mean??? TSM??? Can someone tell me the most common ones used on this board. I like seeing what you all are talking about but I don't understand half of it!!! :eek:

2.Also on my upcoming 1st trip to Disney World....what rides should I go get a fastpass for as soon as I get there?? And what park is the ride in??

Thank you!!!!! ;)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743 Is a list to all of the acronyms you see on the DIS. You'll get used to them in no time! TSM is Toy Story Mania.

Does anyone know if they sell the Indiana Jones Lego set anywhere in the four parks so I don't have to make a side trip to the Lego store in Downtown Disney?

This is my first time in parks, and I been to Downtown so I didn't want to go hopping back and forth there.

Thank you!!!!! ;)

At Disney Hollywood Studios (DHS) get the Toy Story Mania Fast Pass first.
At MK depends what you like-Splash, BTMR, Buzz, Peter Pan
At Epcot Soarin or Test Track
At AK Safari or Expedition Everest

WL bus sometimes stops at Poly / GF, but not always. There is a boat directly from WL to Contemp, where you can grab the Monorail to the other resorts.

Yes, the castle lights are on every night and they're beautiful! :santa:

I love this thread! Thanks for answering that question -- I wondered that too.

My question: What happens when you pull the rope at the well in the line for the Indiana Jones stunt show at HS? Someone told my son to "not pull the rope" and now he's dying to know why. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thank you!!!!! ;)

MK - Fastpass Splash, and ride BTMRR(Big Thunder Mountain RailRoad)
Hollywood - Fastpass TSM, ride TOT(tower of terror)
Epcot - Fastpass Soarin
AK - Fastpass EE(Expedition Everest) and then ride the safari as early in the morning as you can.

From what I've read (planning on trying it in a couple weeks!) it says something about "the jerk on the end of my line" or something similar! ;)

Fun thread!! :thumbsup2

My question:
Are fastpasses available for TSM during morning EMH? How crowded will it be?

In March we went on non-EMH days and got a fastpass first and then got in line. It worked really well to get two rides in pretty quickly.

I love this thread! Thanks for answering that question -- I wondered that too.

My question: What happens when you pull the rope at the well in the line for the Indiana Jones stunt show at HS? Someone told my son to "not pull the rope" and now he's dying to know why. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

It would ruin the surprise. But wait a few seconds and listen. ;)

Fun thread!! :thumbsup2

My question:
Are fastpasses available for TSM during morning EMH? How crowded will it be?

In March we went on non-EMH days and got a fastpass first and then got in line. It worked really well to get two rides in pretty quickly.

Yes, usually. General rule: If a Fastpass attraction is open during morning EMH, Fastpass will usually be available - not guaranteed, but for TSM I'd expect it. If it is not open for EMH, no Fastpass either.

Evening EMH is very different. Fastpass is less likely to be used - up to the attraction manager that night.

How do you override the AC in your resort room?

I subscribed to a thread yesterday so I could have the answer at my disposal, today I can't find the thread and I already forgot how to do it!

Thanks!

Was wondering where is the best place for a pregnant women to enjoy the waves in typhoon Lagoons wave pool? Those wave are really strong and was hoping there is a section where the wave are more tame when they are running.

I love this thread!! I have had so many random questions in all my research. Here's today's:

Is there anywhere in the parks (really hoping TS/CS restaurants) that I would have access to an outlet to charge my camera battery?? The battery really holds well, but I may burn it out real quick being in WDW for the first time. My hope is that while we are taking a break to eat, I could plug in my camera for a little bit to give it a boost (IF I was able to sit near the outlets that may not even exist.)

Are ADRs needed at all of the resort restaurants? I would assume you would need them at someplace like California Grill, but what about, say, Shutters at the CBR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter