Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

So I just booked my solo trip and am staying at Sports, my favorite. I was considering AS Music because of the food court situation but then again I don't really use the foodcourt except for maybe a pop or two. So I am sure that I will be fine. I am so excited as this is my first trip in 3 years. My ticker is not showing because I was fined some points hanging down in the community board and voicing my true opinion:lmao::lmao:

I am going to ASsports in October with a family of six. Any updates on the fridge situation? Also, are there coffee makers in the rooms?

I am going to ASsports in October with a family of six. Any updates on the fridge situation? Also, are there coffee makers in the rooms?

There's no definitive status on fridge replacement. I just read that some guests at Art of Animation received new fridges in their rooms this week. I'd hope that by October ASSp would have most or all fridges replaced.

There's no coffee makers in any Disney value resort rooms.

So I just booked my solo trip and am staying at Sports, my favorite. I was considering AS Music because of the food court situation but then again I don't really use the foodcourt except for maybe a pop or two. So I am sure that I will be fine. I am so excited as this is my first trip in 3 years. My ticker is not showing because I was fined some points hanging down in the community board and voicing my true opinion:lmao::lmao:

Awsome your sneaking in another trip and not letting the changes keep you away.

Those community boards can get one in lots of trouble. I never could figure out how some can be awful and nobody bothers them and other get points for nothing much. :confused3

Awsome your sneaking in another trip and not letting the changes keep you away.

Those community boards can get one in lots of trouble. I never could figure out how some can be awful and nobody bothers them and other get points for nothing much. :confused3

True: you have to wear your boxing gloves when down in the community boards:lmao::lmao::lmao:

We are back from 9 nights at Sports (Touchdown) and we had a fantastic trip!!!! :banana:

Overall, with the fridges and food court, it was still amazing, but I can see how these 2 issues would be super inconvenient for a lot of people.

There was a fridge in our room with a note on it, so I went to the front desk and asked about getting one -- When they told me that I couldn't have one, I asked about the $15 and they gave me the credit -- no hassle at all.

The food court in the arcade worked, but it was bare minimum as far as variety. Drinks, pastries, toasters, salads. The beverage station was as another poster mentioned: They don't touch your cups. Except for hot drinks (hot water, coffee) the give you a disposable cup with your cold drink in it. There was also nowhere to wash out your cup.

We only ended up going to Movies 1X and Music 3X for some pizza/snacks. I'd have to say that both resorts were MUCH busier than sports. Overall, the pools and food courts there were a lot busier than the overall feeling at Sports. The shuttle went back and forth on a constant basis. I really couldn't see waiting much longer than 5 minutes for the inter-resort shuttle.

We shared buses about 50% of the time. Very few people got onto/off the buses at Sports compared to Music and Movies.

This resort worked well for us: My kids are huge sports fans, and we are the type who spends little time in the resorts, and had already planned one eating in the parks anyways. The few times we went to Music for the food court it was no big deal.

Overall, I think if you're not planning on spending much time at the resort, Sports will work well for you with the low crowds. If you suspect it will be inconvenient for you, I'd probably switch.

When we checked in, they explained that the fridges had been recalled (did not specify the reason) and they were in the process of replacing all of them. The fridge in my room over at surfs up had a notice about the situation posted on the fridge door and it had been unplugged. However, my brothers room in Touchdown was still plugged in and did not have the notice. He used the fridge for bottles of water without problems.

were your brothers in touchdown 10 or 7?
i'm curious as i am going in september and requested TD 10.

Is it possible to walk to a nearby food court? If so, how long would the walk be?

How often do the buses run to take you? Is the All Star Music the closest food court?

Buses are running *all* the time, your wait would be literally minutes. The ride itself is <5 minutes, and the buses were usually empty.

Yes, it's an easy walk. We were in Touchdown, and easily walked to the Music (closest) AND Movies food courts. Its a short, pleasant walk. It would have not worked for us at all if we were were planning on having meals (especially breakfast) at the resort (we ate breakfast in our room, and most meals were in the park). We went there, for example, after an afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon, and just wanted a pizza, so we hopped off at Music (seeing as they were sharing buses) and then just walked back to our rooms after.

I don't want to give you the impression at all that it's super close, but it's really not far. It really depends on how much hassle you are willing to put up with. This would not be a good time for some people to be at Sports.

Macraven: We were in Touchdown 7 with no fridge.

We are in Surfs Up 6 with a note on fridge. This is our first and I must say the fridges nor refurb of Foodcourt have been an issue. We brought a small 6 pack cooler yet having mugs and utilizing free ice water at parks since not being able to freeze a cpl bottles have made it a breeze. If I were to have a small baby needing milk or a medical condition requiring refrigerated meds it would have been needed yet mine are teens. We are absolutely enjoying our stay :-)

So any updates as of October on the refrigerator status at ASSp? Last update I saw was as of September. I have a trip in 15 days.......

So...just booked for next Wednesday like 10 min ago, no fridge, no food court? I would have never known if I wasn't a dis boarder. Are they doing anything like offering something for the inconvenience?

So...just booked for next Wednesday like 10 min ago, no fridge, no food court? I would have never known if I wasn't a dis boarder. Are they doing anything like offering something for the inconvenience?

It is my understanding that they are offering a 15.00 per night credit. However, you have to ask for it.

I was at Sports through Oct 6th, and had a working fridge.
Was in TD 10.

Buses parked at the side of the lobby continually took guests to either Music or Movies.
Longest wait I had for using the other food courts was 3 minutes.

Was in TD 10.

Buses parked at the side of the lobby continually took guests to either Music or Movies.

I wish they would have told me prior to booking. I'm 5 months pregnant, with a 1 yr old and a 2 1/2 yr old I'm thinking the additional bus rides to go get food are going to be more of a hassle. Looks like we need to pack more snacks and more drinks.

I'm really surprised they didn't tell you. Any time I call, for anything at all, they read me the pop up on their screen alerting me about the food court closure. I've heard that you can ask to be transferred to one of the other All Star resorts (same room class) for no additional fee. Might be worth a call?

On a side note, I've gone back and forth about whether or not this will be a problem for us. In the end I decided that a less crowded resort (and it HAS to be less crowded!) might have significant advantages, especially with kids (I have 4 boys, ages 4-10). Check in will be quicker, it will be quieter for naps, the pools will be less crowded, the chances of getting a fridge are high (they can take one out of an unfilled room, if mine doesn't have one), the busses will be less full (as AsSp is the first stop, hopefully that means we'll all get actual seats on the bus), etc. And if you ask to stay in the Homerun Hotel section, I've read that many if those rooms are actually closer to ASM's good court than the closed Sports food court. So that would make the food court closure a moot point. I'm sure you'll have fun!

Was in TD 10.

I'm guessing the wait you are referring to is the wait for the busses. We were at ASM last month and I gotta tell you , meal times were horrendous. All of the registers were never staffed---maybe 5 out of 8---and the lines for food and checkout were the pits!

We returned from WDW on Saturday. We stayed at Ft. Wilderness campground. DH says we're going back June 2015 for DD's 10th birthday. We are inviting all grandparents to go, but if they don't, we'll probably have our first stay at ASSports. I look forward to hearing everyone's opinions about this resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter