Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying at the All Star Sports, and the refurb does not have me concerned. They are still doing the refills on mugs, and will have some food. That works for me. I can see why some would expect Disney to give some sort of compensation, but I did not think they would. Glad to hear Pizza Del will still be an option.
I am going for the parks not the hotel.

I think the refurb is done in Nov, so if you book for Dec you should be good to go

looking at my letter from disney, it states the refurb begins Aug 5th.
(July 29th, the game point Arcade will be closed.)

and, they expect the refurbishment to be completed in late December 2013.

We are staying at the All Star Sports, and the refurb does not have me concerned. They are still doing the refills on mugs, and will have some food. That works for me. I can see why some would expect Disney to give some sort of compensation, but I did not think they would. Glad to hear Pizza Del will still be an option.
I am going for the parks not the hotel.

for the ones that know me, understood when i first posted about wanting to get a free mug, i was joking.

i have 14 mugs in my basement .............i really don't want another one!::yes::

i do car service and grocery stop and pick up soda before i arrive at the resort.

for those that booked the dining plan, you can transfer your ressie to one of the sister hotels with no change/increase.

Reading about the new rfid chips in mugs being rolled out in July for All Stars. In addition, possibly no mug refills at Sports when the food court is down.:confused3 Do I really want to walk to Music for drinks?

I'll be back at my All Star Sports January 25th through the 31st. Woo hoo! Can wait to see the new bedding in the rooms and the refurbed food court!

Do all of the rooms at All Star Sports have a privacy curtain between the bedroom area and sink area? Thank you!

Reading about the new rfid chips in mugs being rolled out in July for All Stars. In addition, possibly no mug refills at Sports when the food court is down.:confused3 Do I really want to walk to Music for drinks?

i called and was told there would be a beverage island at sports.
it wouldn't be as large as it was before.

i'll call again in a month to see if that is going to change.

and i need to find out if the fridge swap out in the rooms are completed.

Hey everyone. Kind of disappointed that the Food Court will be closed. I am thinking of taking a trip late October, free dining coming up. Has anyone stayed at Movies or Music and which is better?

Hey everyone. Kind of disappointed that the Food Court will be closed. I am thinking of taking a trip late October, free dining coming up. Has anyone stayed at Movies or Music and which is better?

Inside the standard rooms at Music or Movies, there will be no difference. (Music does have family suites as well.)

I just stayed at Movies and requested and got the Mighty Ducks section so I could take advantage of both Music and Movies. The food court and buses for Music were actually closer than Movies, but it wasn't a long walk to the Movies food court either.

The food court at Movies is bigger and has a better layout (in my opinion) and is generally more appealing. On the other hand, we used the Music food court for a large pizza and it was quick, fresh, and delicious.

We ended up using the main pool at Music and the Duck Pond (Mighty Ducks) pool at Movies. So you get the gist that you can stay at one resort but take advantage of both.

Can someone verify about the refurbs???

We are currently booked at POP from 9/27-10/2 and are considering switching to AS Sports because we love that they have duvet covers now....are all of the rooms refurbed now???

I know that the food court is going to be refurbed...we don't care about that, we are there for food & wine!!! :cool1:

What are the exact dates?

Thanks?:goodvibes

Can someone verify about the refurbs???

We are currently booked at POP from 9/27-10/2 and are considering switching to AS Sports because we love that they have duvet covers now....are all of the rooms refurbed now???

I know that the food court is going to be refurbed...we don't care about that, we are there for food & wine!!! :cool1:

What are the exact dates?

Thanks?:goodvibes

In the official refurb document, they are no longer listing the "soft goods replacement" for ASSp, so that may indicate the bedding replacements are complete for the resort. Previously they were indicating an end date of June 7.

I would safely guess for late September you could expect the new bedding.

Movies still has the old style bedspread. :-(

In the official refurb document, they are no longer listing the "soft goods replacement" for ASSp, so that may indicate the bedding replacements are complete for the resort. Previously they were indicating an end date of June 7.

I would safely guess for late September you could expect the new bedding.

Movies still has the old style bedspread. :-(

Thank you!!! :thumbsup2

Just checked in to all star sports an hour ago! Room ready! Clean! Really clean. New soft goods. There also is a working fridge! FYI - did online check in. All requests met! There is a privacy curtain.

I hope all the rooms will have fridges. I will be arriving shortly and hope to stop by Publix for some breakfast options that require refridgeration. I will also, be there as the food court closure goes down. I hope to keep everyone on here updated. What is the refillable mug situation? Colors of the mugs and is the resort using the new RFID system?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter