Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I know lots of sports groups stay at ASSp when there are WWOS activities, but I was wondering if that is still the huge norm.. I was looking at the map and it seems that POP is closer to WWOS. But ASSp usually is the cheapest of all values.. Anyway, I am going from July 21 to 26 and staying at sports. There are a bit of AAU activities at WWOS. Going to make the best of it, and am happy to try it out!;)
Any thoughts?:wave2:

There were a few soccer and baseball teams a couple of weeks ago, but they were all great! And only a handful of teams, not enough for full tournaments.

Sports is the smallest, so maybe more go to Pop?

I know lots of sports groups stay at ASSp when there are WWOS activities, but I was wondering if that is still the huge norm.. I was looking at the map and it seems that POP is closer to WWOS. But ASSp usually is the cheapest of all values.. Anyway, I am going from July 21 to 26 and staying at sports. There are a bit of AAU activities at WWOS. Going to make the best of it, and am happy to try it out!;)
Any thoughts?:wave2:

I have run into teams at all the value resorts I stayed at including Pop. It all depends on what resort the school chooses. I suppose now that the All stars are cheaper that might tend to be the choice more often but who knows for sure. I can say that when we have run into groups they really have been no problem for us. Well one time there was a cheerleading group where some of them got on the bus with us. That was a very loud ride and one of the girls appeared to be high on something and was acting really weird and would not listen to the bus driver but that was about the only issue we ever expienced and that was at Pop. Then a huge group took over the baseball pool one evening at ASsp and were being really rough so we just walked over to the main pool and let them have at it. I think there are always activities going on at WWOS so just enjoy and you might never even run into the groups.

The three All-Star resorts are about the same size in terms of available rooms. Sports and Movies reportedly have 1920 rooms each. Music has fewer actual rooms due to some being larger suites.

You're right! I have no idea why I thought that.

Jazz isn't Preferred. Calypso is the only Preferred section at ASM. Both Calypso and Jazz have Suites but only Calypso is Preferred.

A couple years ago we asked for Jazz and the front desk CM told me yes but I'd have to pay "preferred" rate. After that we started staying at Sports only. I love bldg 10
I love Disney but they are getting kind of ridiculous with their variety of prices especially those based on days of the week. We are going Friday - Sunday and each night has a different price. I saw on Allearsnet that restaurants are now charging different prices based on the day of the week. Could you imagine if everywhere we spent money did that?

A couple years ago we asked for Jazz and the front desk CM told me yes but I'd have to pay "preferred" rate. After that we started staying at Sports only. I love bldg 10
I love Disney but they are getting kind of ridiculous with their variety of prices especially those based on days of the week. We are going Friday - Sunday and each night has a different price. I saw on Allearsnet that restaurants are now charging different prices based on the day of the week. Could you imagine if everywhere we spent money did that?

Our past trip was going to cover two weekends, so we moved up two days to get the lower prices.

That cast member was misinformed. Imagine that :).

There were a few soccer and baseball teams a couple of weeks ago, but they were all great! And only a handful of teams, not enough for full tournaments.

Sports is the smallest, so maybe more go to Pop?

I have run into teams at all the value resorts I stayed at including Pop. It all depends on what resort the school chooses. I suppose now that the All stars are cheaper that might tend to be the choice more often but who knows for sure. I can say that when we have run into groups they really have been no problem for us. Well one time there was a cheerleading group where some of them got on the bus with us. That was a very loud ride and one of the girls appeared to be high on something and was acting really weird and would not listen to the bus driver but that was about the only issue we ever expienced and that was at Pop. Then a huge group took over the baseball pool one evening at ASsp and were being really rough so we just walked over to the main pool and let them have at it. I think there are always activities going on at WWOS so just enjoy and you might never even run into the groups.

Thanks for reading and responding! :) I'm not worried about the groups, I'm sure they are great kids. I'm really looking forward to my stay with my 14 year old daughter. She's not really a sporty girl or a girly girl, so I think the preferred surfs up area where I booked is just right. We've been to POP twice, and AOA once. Looking forward to the original value resort, and I also recently read that they are changing out the bedding starting at sports, so that will be nice too!:thumbsup2

How are the beds at AS-sports?

We are only there one night before moving to BC.

How are the beds at AS-sports?

We are only there one night before moving to BC.

One thing I learned about 5 years ago when a friend stayed at the same hotel is that each room has a different matress in terms of firm or soft or comfortable or uncomfortable. We all have different preferences also. The bed in my room was firm yet in my friends they were really soft. All our matresses at Sports so far have been firm and not too bad.

One thing I learned about 5 years ago when a friend stayed at the same hotel is that each room has a different matress in terms of firm or soft or comfortable or uncomfortable. We all have different preferences also. The bed in my room was firm yet in my friends they were really soft. All our matresses at Sports so far have been firm and not too bad.

We stayed at Movies and the beds were fine, but that was a while back

I am curious how the food court will be right before the rehab

Maybe we head to AoA or the Poly for the one night, but probably will just stay at Sports until the next morning

anyone with a ressie (aug-dec) at Sports receive a letter from disney this week?

i received one today informing me that the food court would be closed.

:rolleyes1

anyone with a ressie (aug-dec) at Sports receive a letter from disney this week?

i received one today informing me that the food court would be closed.

:rolleyes1

Yes, I just got the letter, and I am not happy. The food court is the main hub of activity at the resort, along with the pool. No food court, no arcade, and I'm guessing no pool bar, since that is attached to the food court. This is not acceptable. What about people on the dining plan having to take a bus to use their credits? Come on now.

Disney should have automatically offered those of us who booked before the announcement an upgrade to moderate for our trouble. That should have been absolutely automatic. It's not going to be acceptable to move me into the Movies or Music either, as those facilities will now be mobbed with an extra resort's full of people.

I was going to call first and see if there was anything they would do, but your experience doesn't give me much hope. I never do this, but in this instance I am going to write a *snail mail* letter to Disney. In it I will urge them to either do something about this, or I will be canceling my reservation and not returning to Disney for quite some time over this. And I just stayed at Sports in May and was going back in Sept., and regularly visit Disney with resort stays.

Yes, I just got the letter, and I am not happy. The food court is the main hub of activity at the resort, along with the pool. No food court, no arcade, and I'm guessing no pool bar, since that is attached to the food court. This is not acceptable. What about people on the dining plan having to take a bus to use their credits? Come on now.

Disney should have automatically offered those of us who booked before the announcement an upgrade to moderate for our trouble. That should have been absolutely automatic. It's not going to be acceptable to move me into the Movies or Music either, as those facilities will now be mobbed with an extra resort's full of people.

I was going to call first and see if there was anything they would do, but your experience doesn't give me much hope. I never do this, but in this instance I am going to write a *snail mail* letter to Disney. In it I will urge them to either do something about this, or I will be canceling my reservation and not returning to Disney for quite some time over this. And I just stayed at Sports in May and was going back in Sept., and regularly visit Disney with resort stays.

Please do and please report back with their reply. I have a feeling they won't do anything, but am curious as to how they word their reply. I'm betting that they will point to the fine print that the only thing your reservation guarantees you is A room on the WDW property. Which you will still have even though your room will not have a food court close by. Now I agree with your point, I'm just speculating how they will get around your complaint.

Does the letter mention any discounts/vouchers etc?

Nope. All the letter states is that the food court will be closed, as will the arcade so they can serve cold items, and that they will provide buses to the other All Star resorts to use their food courts.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

With the food court being closed, does that automatically mean that pizza delivery will not be available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter