Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Awesome! I'll just move the preferred room money over to the souvenir fund! HA!

I really wish there was a soccer themed building.

Awesome! I'll just move the preferred room money over to the souvenir fund! HA!

I really wish there was a soccer themed building.

Great idea!!! :thumbsup2

I wish there were a soccer themed building too. Too bad they won't redo the tennis building and make it soccer. :goodvibes

Hey everyone!! Long time no post. I thought our thread was lost in the dungeon:rotfl2: No ticker to post. We are trying to go in September as years past. Waiting for the free dining promo. The QS Plan would be just divine for me and the hubby without the boys. Too much food if the Regular Plan is offered. Any speculation or rumors out there? I have been hearing the if the free dining promo is offered that it would only be moderates and deluxe?

i have stayed at the preferred buildings before and non preferred.

i don't feel it is worth the extra charges for staying preferred.

Hey everyone!! Long time no post. I thought our thread was lost in the dungeon:rotfl2: No ticker to post. We are trying to go in September as years past. Waiting for the free dining promo. The QS Plan would be just divine for me and the hubby without the boys. Too much food if the Regular Plan is offered. Any speculation or rumors out there? I have been hearing the if the free dining promo is offered that it would only be moderates and deluxe?

Hey. From what I am seeing that speculation about the mods and deluxes is coming from the bounce back offer currently in the resorts that is for free dining on mods and deluxes only. I haven't heard anything else in the way of free dining rumors yet.

Just came back today and would have to say I loved it! I was nervous about staying @ the sports because a lot of people say its awful. They were wrong. I only had to share a bus with the other all stars one time my whole stay. I rented a car for the week for a back up and never had to use it. The longest i waited for a bus was 5-10 minutes if that. Most of the time it was pulling up as i was walking to the bus stop. I did see a lot of cheerleaders but they were fine. They seemed to keep to themselves and weren't loud at all. I stayed in the baseball section building 8. Its was remodeled nicely and has a new bed. I was debating getting one or two rooms because its was three adults and a two yrs old and I decided on getting one room and saving the extra money for character dining. The one room was a decent size for us because all we did was sleep in it. The chief was really nice. I'm a vegan and asked if they had vegan Mickey waffles (the character breakfast restaurants made them when you requested them) I was told that quick service doesn't have them. Well he surprised me and said he could make them and even offered me vegan pancakes! He even showed me the package. Now I can't wait to go back.

Just came back today and would have to say I loved it! I was nervous about staying @ the sports because a lot of people say its awful. They were wrong. I only had to share a bus with the other all stars one time my whole stay. I rented a car for the week for a back up and never had to use it. The longest i waited for a bus was 5-10 minutes if that. Most of the time it was pulling up as i was walking to the bus stop. I did see a lot of cheerleaders but they were fine. They seemed to keep to themselves and weren't loud at all. I stayed in the baseball section building 8. Its was remodeled nicely and has a new bed. I was debating getting one or two rooms because its was three adults and a two yrs old and I decided on getting one room and saving the extra money for character dining. The one room was a decent size for us because all we did was sleep in it. The chief was really nice. I'm a vegan and asked if they had vegan Mickey waffles (the character breakfast restaurants made them when you requested them) I was told that quick service doesn't have them. Well he surprised me and said he could make them and even offered me vegan pancakes! He even showed me the package. Now I can't wait to go back.

Thanks for the report back. It is nice to hear other who love it as much as some of us do. I like the people who say it is awful because it feels like a hidden gem to me that others just don't get. I would bet those who say it is awful are either those who never actually stayed there and are just going by what they hear others say or it is those who don't like a value level resort. :thumbsup2 The people working at the food court do seem really nice at Sports too and I am glad they were able to accomodate you. All the CM's there have seemed happy which has not been the case in all the resorts I have stayed in.

Does any one have fairly recent room pics? I've never stayed at an All-star because a LOT of people say they look very run down inside. Is this true? My sons really want to stay here and I'm thinking of booking it for our Thanksgiving trip.

BridgetR3 said:
Does any one have fairly recent room pics? I've never stayed at an All-star because a LOT of people say they look very run down inside. Is this true? My sons really want to stay here and I'm thinking of booking it for our Thanksgiving trip.

Go back to page 112. Someone posted recent pics there. Our room looked just like the one in these pics. New bedding, not run down at all.

This is another myth. The all stars get updated as much as any other resort. For a while there because POP was new people prefered the newer look but over the years they have to keep up that resort just like the all stars. People have reported back that ASsports rooms have been updated recently.

I just looked at the photos on page 112 and the room looks very nice! Does anyone know if all the rooms will have privacy curtains or just the preferred rooms at Sports? Also, have all the buildings been refurbished now or are they still a work in progress?

I just looked at the photos on page 112 and the room looks very nice! Does anyone know if all the rooms will have privacy curtains or just the preferred rooms at Sports? Also, have all the buildings been refurbished now or are they still a work in progress?

I can't answer if all the rooms are now refurbished, but I stayed in Bldg 4 in February (definitely not a preferred room!!) and I had the privacy curtain.

I believe the rooms are all equally set up -- the difference between "preferred" or not is location. :thumbsup2

My family was at Sports around Thanksgiving. I requested a refurbished room and was given a room in building four. At that time, they were working on building six. My parents and sister had rooms in building one, that was the old style. Building nine and building ten were old school, too. I think the curtain will be installed in all the rooms during the refurbishment phase.

I know the Surf's Up buildings are the preferred, and the Touchdown buildings are not preferred but are pretty close to the main building; but what about the proximity of the Center Court, Hoops hotel, and Homerun buildings to the main building and bus stop? We like the look of the Hoops Hotel and Center Court buildings, but they appear to be the furthest away? Any recommendations on which building among Hoops, Center Court, and Homerun would be the closest to the main building and bus stop?

I just stayed in building 8 and it had a privacy curtain. The football buildings were being remodeled. They were empty and I saw them bringing in new beds, headboards etc. They were also pressure washing the big football one day don't no if they were painting it. Everything was newly painted still had the tape around the windows.

We just got back from our 10 day stay at all star resorts. We were in Baseball 8 which was newly refurbished. When we were leaving (March 4/5)... they were redo'ing football 7, all the mattresses were out, the whole building looked like they were being redone all at the same time.

And the main pool was open the whole time we were there. (feb 23-march 5)... they were supposed to close it to refurbish it on Feb 25th?... but it was open the whole time. We used it 3 times, as at the end of our trip, it was getting pretty chilly.

Love the resort, and we will be staying there again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter