• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I'm back from my fantastic stay at Sports..

I looked high and low for the homies that were staying there when I was.

Didn't find any of you.
And I had my lime green Mickeys on the window.

Same time next year for me.

Hope all that are going soon have a grand time staying at Sports!

macraven I am glad you had a great time.....

What did you like about the resort?????:goodvibes

It looks like after the pin code i received we are gonna be able to take a trip in april and will be staying again at AsSp.. Me my fiance and her son.. Her sons first trip and my fiances second.. We got engaged at disney this past march.. Looking forward to our stay there again... We loved it last time we were in building 9 in the homerun section.. It was great!!!

macraven I am glad you had a great time.....

What did you like about the resort?????:goodvibes

all the rooms were refurbished last year. the furniture and mattress were in excellent condition.

housekeeping did a great job.
they did my room each day between 11-1:00.

busses didn't share and were prompt.
if a large group was waiting for a bus, a CM, who was outside with the lines, called and had more busses come, which kept the waiting time to a minimum.

food court was kept clean and had a full staff working.
cut down the wait time and lines in ordering hot food.

when i couldn't use my snack credits for bottle coke in the gift shop, a cm at the register in the food court when to her manager and they made it happen.
i was able to use the snack credits for bottle coke and a few other items then. very helpful employees in the FC when i was there.

i had no complaints on my stay there.
i was impressed of how "cheerful" all the cm's and staff were during my stay.

macraven great review.
I always find that when I am nice to the CM they go out of there way to help.

Glad they help make your trip magical.

MacRaven,
So sorry we did not cross paths. We were in the football building the corner room buy the helmet on the main building side. We had a dracula Mickey Mouse window cling in the window. I did see one room across from us with Dis signs on the window. What buidling were you in?

We showed up late to the Epcot meet and only got to see Timmy.

Sadly we were sick for the last half of our vacation with the flu. First I got the fever etc. then when I felt better DS got it so we were in our room trying not to infect others and taking care of one another. We are still coughing and blowing our noses.

This was our first ASports stay and we loved it as well. I love how the resort is set up. My back was nice and comfy on the bed (in June our bed at Pop was trashed and caused me backaches). They seemed to have the friendliest and most pleasant CM's which was nice. Like you experienced they seemed to go out of their way to help if needed. Housekeeping was wonderful. DS loved that he had 2 pools right near us on either end of where our room was. The busses were great and we never had to stand. The only drawback we could find is how long it takes to go and come back from DTD.
This is now our favorite resort. No more Pop for us.

Angela

I didn't see any lime Mickey heads either during our stay (9/27-10/7). Had a fantastic time though. Our room was in Touchdown 218, facing the parking lot. Really quiet. THought the bed and furniture were great. Only complaint was Mousekeeping knocking every morning about 8am. Even with the "do not disturb" tab in our lock, they were still rather loud outside talking to each other.

Didn't hear our neighbours at all, and even with some kids playing outside, the hotel was really quiet, which we enjoyed. Thought the theming was so much fun and liked just walking around and looking at everything.

Checked-in online, and everything was set when we arrived. Took about two minutes to walk up to the desk and pick up our trip info. Fantastic!

Strange thing happened to us twice during our trip. For some reason, the floor above us had some water coming down and onto our walkway below. A LOT of water. I think maybe they were washing the walkway above, but it made for some slippery walking!

Thought the food court was great, lines not too long and good selection.

Didn't use the bus system, but were able to park really close to our building, which was great after a long day...

Didn't book Bounceback while there, but on our next trip we will definitely be staying at Sports again! Liked the more intimate feel of the resort area and how everything was really close. Great trip!

MacRaven,
So sorry we did not cross paths. We were in the football building the corner room buy the helmet on the main building side. We had a dracula Mickey Mouse window cling in the window.

Angela

Were you in room #7110 (I think that was the number) on the bottom floor?? We arrived October 2 and I noticed your window the next day. I was going to leave a note to say hi, but you checked out before I got around to it. On our last day I was rolling my fridge swap fridge into the elevator and a woman and her daughter were coming out and she said, "Are you on the DIS? I couldn't help but notice the decorated fridge." I didn't get her name.

We were in the HomeRun Building on the back side facing the Music and parking lot second floor. Extremely quiet location, thankfully, as being on West Coast body clocks we are often still trying to sleep at 10:00 in the morning. I decorated my window with cut out pumpkins and 2 homemade signs including my lime green Mickey head.

Once again the Sports did not disappoint!! The online check-in was AMAZING! We got off the magical express and the line for regular check-in was at least 20 people/groups long. NO one was in line at the online check-in desk, walked right up and were on our way in minutes.

A wonderful castmember helped us roll our luggage to our room.

We found the food court to be yummy and effecient and the staff was great EXCEPT for the one non-English speaking woman at the Ice Cream window. My poor son spent 5 minutes trying to order a brownie sundae and ended up with a regular sundae with the wrong flavor of ice cream but he's a teen so it was all good. My only complaint: why don't they have lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc for the burgers? The pictures show them with condiments. Ketchup just doesn't cut it. The fries were quite good!

We used the bus system a few times and when leaving the resort our bus stopped at the other All Stars and we were glad to be 1st on because the bus was full and the poor folks at the Movies got left behind, standing in the MISERABLE HOT HEAT.

Mousekeeping: We had 8 days of mousekeeping. Each day extra towels showed up so we had quite a pile by the end of the trip, which was nice because we didn't have to call for extras to go to the pool. One thing that bugged me was our tooth brushes. I kept putting them in one of the plastic cups and she/he would take them out and lay them on the counter!! It REALLY annoyed me but after 2 days of this happening, she/he made a holder out of a washcloth and stuck them in it so all was well. We never got new towel animals or any extra Disney magic, which is fine.
We did order a roll away on night 4 as two 6 feet tall teens don't fit in one double bed very well!! We were never charged for the roll-away.

I also found the concierge desk to be most helpful. They helped me upgrade our tickets, buy MNSSHP tickets and mapquest some places that we wanted to go. The CM was super help and printed 2 copies of the mapquest maps/directions "in case one got lost or damaged" which I thought was nice.

We enjoyed having a pool so close to our room...liked how empty it was too!
Used the laundry room once to do some mid-trip laundry. The boys spotted an armadillo by our building and enjoyed watching him. We also saw lot's of bunnies and one HUGE racoon! And lot's of frogs.

We will most definitely stay at the Sports again. Love the staff and the resort. The location is easy to get to when driving.

Gina

great reviews all.. I cant wait to be there in april.. Just joined a fridge swap too.. Im stoked about that :banana:

Were you in room #7110 (I think that was the number) on the bottom floor?? We arrived October 2 and I noticed your window the next day. I was going to leave a note to say hi, but you checked out before I got around to it. On our last day I was rolling my fridge swap fridge into the elevator and a woman and her daughter were coming out and she said, "Are you on the DIS? I couldn't help but notice the decorated fridge." I didn't get her name.

We were in the HomeRun Building on the back side facing the Music and parking lot second floor. Extremely quiet location, thankfully, as being on West Coast body clocks we are often still trying to sleep at 10:00 in the morning. I decorated my window with cut out pumpkins and 2 homemade signs including my lime green Mickey head.

Once again the Sports did not disappoint!! The online check-in was AMAZING! We got off the magical express and the line for regular check-in was at least 20 people/groups long. NO one was in line at the online check-in desk, walked right up and were on our way in minutes.

A wonderful castmember helped us roll our luggage to our room.

We found the food court to be yummy and effecient and the staff was great EXCEPT for the one non-English speaking woman at the Ice Cream window. My poor son spent 5 minutes trying to order a brownie sundae and ended up with a regular sundae with the wrong flavor of ice cream but he's a teen so it was all good. My only complaint: why don't they have lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc for the burgers? The pictures show them with condiments. Ketchup just doesn't cut it. The fries were quite good!

We used the bus system a few times and when leaving the resort our bus stopped at the other All Stars and we were glad to be 1st on because the bus was full and the poor folks at the Movies got left behind, standing in the MISERABLE HOT HEAT.

Mousekeeping: We had 8 days of mousekeeping. Each day extra towels showed up so we had quite a pile by the end of the trip, which was nice because we didn't have to call for extras to go to the pool. One thing that bugged me was our tooth brushes. I kept putting them in one of the plastic cups and she/he would take them out and lay them on the counter!! It REALLY annoyed me but after 2 days of this happening, she/he made a holder out of a washcloth and stuck them in it so all was well. We never got new towel animals or any extra Disney magic, which is fine.
We did order a roll away on night 4 as two 6 feet tall teens don't fit in one double bed very well!! We were never charged for the roll-away.

I also found the concierge desk to be most helpful. They helped me upgrade our tickets, buy MNSSHP tickets and mapquest some places that we wanted to go. The CM was super help and printed 2 copies of the mapquest maps/directions "in case one got lost or damaged" which I thought was nice.

We enjoyed having a pool so close to our room...liked how empty it was too!
Used the laundry room once to do some mid-trip laundry. The boys spotted an armadillo by our building and enjoyed watching him. We also saw lot's of bunnies and one HUGE racoon! And lot's of frogs.

We will most definitely stay at the Sports again. Love the staff and the resort. The location is easy to get to when driving.

Gina

No that wasn't us in 7110. We were in 0164 right next to the helmet. I think the room you are talking about had a bunch of lime green mickeys in the window. We don't do lime green anything because I learned from CM's that unfortunatly some CM's don't appreciate the dis boards because of all you can learn here and some give them a hard time.

I too loved how cozy the resort felt with things appearing much closter than any other resort we have stayed at. Even on the front side of the building facing the football field it was very quiet. We always keep the music from the information channel or Disney radio channel going low when we sleep to drown out any loud noises since we sleep late too. I liked that everyone seemed to walk through the field instead of the walkway outside the rooms which cuts down on hearing talking etc.

There was only one time we filled a bus at Music due to a big voice group getting on over Columbus day weekend. They needed two busses just for them. I was thrilled that we never once waited more than 10 minutes for a bus either. I didn't worry about Movies because I saw several busses pass up Sports going directly to Movies. I stayed at Movies once and we got lots of busses just for that resort going to the parks. :thumbsup2

Did you ask for the lettuce tomato and pickle when you got a burger? I am wondering if maybe they have them if you want them behind the counter? Only DS ordered burgers and he was only interested in inhaling it and not what they put on it so he never mentioned it. lol

I am so happy to hear that I was not the only one who had an excellent stay at Asports.

Ang

well...blow me over with a feather........so close, yet far away..
i was in 255.
td 10, the end room, near the food court, facing the football field.

i had first floor when i checked in and moved to second floor the next day.

i found no noise from the FB field by moving up a floor.

prior years, i request room 155, but so glad to find that 255 is great also.

just think, i could have passed all of you and didn't know it.

stayed 9/30 to 10/8 at sports TD 10.

we need to return and try this again homies on meeting up with each other.

i left on 10/8 for the darkside.
was there for 6 days but got sick, yea...Mr Flu...visited me 3 days before i came home.

it is so good to hear you all had a great experience at sports also.

i chose not to do the bounceback for 2010.
i'm planning to book room only and get the AAA discount this time around.
i wasted so much food on this past trip and don't think i will do the FD again unless it was a real deal for me.

i do my trips solo so the room discount is better for me than the FD.

ang, i found out some years back that you have to request the extras for the burgers and sandwiches.

they do not charge extra for those items.

i always tell them to put the lettuce, tomato and onion on a separate plate for me.
and, they will give you as much as you request.
i love to put 3 tomato slices on my burgers.

Strange thing happened to us twice during our trip. For some reason, the floor above us had some water coming down and onto our walkway below. A LOT of water. I think maybe they were washing the walkway above, but it made for some slippery walking!

We stayed in Homerun Bldg 8 9/20-9/26 and one day when we came back to the room for a break in the afternoon we noticed they were "power washing" the inside of the helmets/stairs and another day the same thing with the stairs/big Coke cup. I wonder it that might where the water came home:confused3

Yes, I figured they were washing something upstairs. On the way to the elevators, there was no way around it, we had to go through the puddles. My BF uses crutches, so we had quite a time of getting through without slipping! It was fine though, we were on our way to the parks!

macraven, we probably totally passed each other! Goodness!

i did see someone on crutches a few times.

i bet we did miss each other in passing.

i was using a cane while down there.
i was the blonde with long hair.
does that ring a bell?

well, that is a stupid question of me, there were lots of peeps at the hotel when i was there...

i had another surgerical procedure on my knee 20 days prior to the trip.

you know, come to think of it, i did see the power washing of the buildings for TD 10 either the day i checked in or that next day.

ang, i found out some years back that you have to request the extras for the burgers and sandwiches.

they do not charge extra for those items.

i always tell them to put the lettuce, tomato and onion on a separate plate for me.
and, they will give you as much as you request.
i love to put 3 tomato slices on my burgers.

macraven great tip on the extra's for the burger. :wizard:
I will have to request that next time.

Hi everyone. Just a quick reminder that there is a FREE fridge and coffee maker swap at the All Star Resorts (Movies, Music and Sports). Anyone staying at these resorts is welcome to join.

Current Openings:
November 28-30
December 6-8
December 28-30
and 90% of 2010!

Click on the link below for more information or to join.

Ok, back to your regular programming!

Gina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter