• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

eeyoregon - When was your trip last year? Maybe I need to rethink Touchdown . . .

It was the last week of August and into Labor Day weekend. We had several high school football teams staying at the Sports.

Not all of the Touchdown building is bad...I would avoid the rooms facing the "field" and go for the back side. We were in the homerun building so we walked thru the "field" every day.

OPENING: My free fridge/coffee maker swap has a new opening at the All Star Resorts October 23 - November 7 if anyone would like to join.

I will MickMan! But! I need it to know does Sport Goofy in ASSPorts sells any DVD's and CD's too!:confused:

they do, not a good selection, but they do have some.
i suggest you buy them at dtd

the All Sports Resorts and the Animal Kingdom Resort is in a different county and the tax is 1% higher than the other resorts for the gift shop.

i'm talking about clothes or some things that are up there in price.
if you are only buying simple things and not expensive, it is not a big deal then.

It was the last week of August and into Labor Day weekend. We had several high school football teams staying at the Sports.

Not all of the Touchdown building is bad...I would avoid the rooms facing the "field" and go for the back side. We were in the homerun building so we walked thru the "field" every day.

OPENING: My free fridge/coffee maker swap has a new opening at the All Star Resorts October 23 - November 7 if anyone would like to join.

That's the week we were just there, and it was baseball, volleyball, field hockey and softball. Really annoying!
The girls were pretty well behaved, but the boys were out of control.
I still don't regret our location, even with the noise, because being so close to the main hall was awesome. We were closer than a lot of the preferred, at a non-preferred price!

last year, i took the end room 0155 and walking traffic wasn't heard in that room.
maybe the end rooms are more protected from the walk-by noise??

i did have one issue a few years back and mentioned it on this thread.
i called the front desk twice and then the problem was solved.

in fact, they had security at the football field at quiet hours doing rounds every half hour.

i try to get the back rooms facing the foliage as those are extremely quiet.
those are my favorite sections.
also, the area on the wing that extends out to the street on football #10, back side near the elevators is another quiet section.

i only request football 10.
if i get foot ball #7, i prefer the area back side of the football field section where it meets up with surf's up #6 wing. that wing faces the pool.

i used to do surfs up but didn't like the pool noise.

since i am not in my room except to sleep, i always try for the quiet sections of football.
i can handle noise of any type except when i am sleeping during the night.

Just did online check-in for our stay at Sports! The only thing we requested (via travel agent) was a handicapped accessible room. Very excited to stay here! Thanks everyone for the info...its going to be wonderful!

I just changed my Value reservations for 12/9 to 12/14 to All Star Sports...
I know that is Pop Warner week, we've been there before. It was the only value I could get at the standard AP rate. We will take DME, then rent a car for internal travel. We like staying at Sports.

Yeah me too! And I Got Confirmation last week and I can't wait to go! ASSports is my favorite!

Just did online check-in for our stay at Sports! The only thing we requested (via travel agent) was a handicapped accessible room. Very excited to stay here! Thanks everyone for the info...its going to be wonderful!

most of those are on the first floor, really nice. whenever you have that request, it will be honored.

2 years ago i had a handicap room.
i didn't care for the shower set up as it was a roll in one.

macraven...thanks for that info! BF doesn't use a wheelchair, but crutches, so he needs handrails. I'll make sure to clarify that upon check-in. Don't want to take a roll-in shower from someone who may need one....I'm leaving in a week! Woo-hoo!

(oops, I guess WE'RE leaving in a week is more appropriate...got too excited there!)

macraven...thanks for that info! BF doesn't use a wheelchair, but crutches, so he needs handrails. I'll make sure to clarify that upon check-in. Don't want to take a roll-in shower from someone who may need one....I'm leaving in a week! Woo-hoo!

(oops, I guess WE'RE leaving in a week is more appropriate...got too excited there!)

I'll be there in 10 days.....Woot !!

I had a leg brace on and used a cane that year and told them I didn't need the handicap room. Just needed the handrails like your bf.

When I checked in and the CM saw me, she insisted I have the handicap room.
I told them I didn't want to take it away from someone in a wheelchair.
The CM told me there are plenty of HC rooms at their resort and they can fill them up with 1st floor requests as not all of them would be in use during my stay.
The room had a queen bed and was on the backside of the football field.
Great location.

See you there Macraven! We're checking into All Sports in seven days! :thumbsup2

Just checked out of Sports this morning, i was in building 9, on the second floor in the homerun section. As a POP person, i was surprised on how compact All Star Sports was. Even in being in building 9, it wasnt that far from anything.

There wasnt anything i really didnt like about it, only thing i could think of was the bus service when we were going to a park, but on that it was hit or miss when we would stop at the other resorts, and when we did it didnt take that long. Only used the food court once, seemed pretty much the same at POP. So it was a great stay, was there 6 nights, 7 days.

MickMan Guess What! We booked the All-Star Sports for only $69.00! What a Deal so we take it and also we requested the lower floor with Connecting rooms too! MickMan Thanks for everything! And Thanks About the info of ASSports It's will be awesome!

MickMan Guess What! We booked the All-Star Sports for only $69.00! What a Deal so we take it and also we requested the lower floor with Connecting rooms too! MickMan Thanks for everything! And Thanks About the info of ASSports It's will be awesome!

What a great deal....... I am glad this thread helped you.
I stated this thread because when I went the first time there was nothing officially posted for All Star Sports so I kind of went there with no info.

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this post.:worship:

anytime MickMan! I don't know anything about the ASSports and Thanks for everything! Please tell me the website i forgot it is www.allearsnet.com please tell me this website is correct because I couldn't find it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter