Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Just back from Sports and while the resort is ok I have no desire to return. Like my Pop Century so muching better. The plus Sports did have was that it was only a 10min walk from the lobby to the McDonald's on the corner. That was great as the food court food was pretty bad. I found it true that other guest are a lot noisier at the All Stars then at Pop. Everynight I was woken up by noisy guest walking and running outside the room and I was on the second floor, on the end of building 10. Also found the front desk staff not rude but not as friendly (uninterested) as the other resorts I have been to. Bus service was typical nothing stood out good or bad.

How were the beds at Sports? Were they really hard? Last time I stayed at Pop, the beds were so hard. We had to change resorts. That's why we thought we'd try Sports. I might have to mail down mattress toppers or maybe think about changing resorts. Thanks!

@disnut1149, Yes the mattresses are hard like the other resorts. I think they buy harder mattresses so they hold up longer so they need replacing less.

How were the beds at Sports? Were they really hard? Last time I stayed at Pop, the beds were so hard. We had to change resorts. That's why we thought we'd try Sports. I might have to mail down mattress toppers or maybe think about changing resorts. Thanks!

I stayed at the Sports last October, and didn't find the beds hard at all. And I sleep on a very soft mattress at home.

To address a previous poster, you can have noisy guests at any resort. That one is just down to luck. For my last stay at the Sports, our room location was very quiet. First floor, on the back side of Surf's Up. We were 3 minutes (if that) from the food court. I loved that location!

Sorry to hear that! Our first stay at Sports will be this Sept, so I'm a little nervous. We are requesting building 10. I'd hoped the food court would be good as it was recently renovated. Hoped it was like AoA. Guess we will see for ourselves :)
We were there in jan and are back in sept/oct, the food court since renovation is more inline with pop, it hasn't got any of the currys etc that AoA had when we went in 2013

This is a strange question, I know but can anyone tell me what kind of ice they have at the food court refill stations? Like is it the regular chunck cube type or the tubular softer type? I love the ice at AOA so when I stay at POP I walk across the bridge for a good cup of ice! Thanks for any help.

This is a strange question, I know but can anyone tell me what kind of ice they have at the food court refill stations? Like is it the regular chunck cube type or the tubular softer type? I love the ice at AOA so when I stay at POP I walk across the bridge for a good cup of ice! Thanks for any help.
Chunk cube type.:)

Hi everybody!!!
We are staying 1 night at Sports on 9/12. We are staying at POR the rest of our trip, but ended up flying out a day earlier than expected and found a good deal for sports so here we are! We arrive at around 7:30pm and will be heading to HS first thing the next morning with our luggage being transferred to POR for us.

I'm thinking I'd like to stay in the hoops section since my husband loves basketball. Is this section ok walking distance wise?

I'm thinking I'd like to stay in the hoops section since my husband loves basketball. Is this section ok walking distance wise?

You walk through one whole section(Surf's Up!) to get to it,but still not a bad walk-I'd say 3- 5 minutes.:)

Hoops is okay for walking, but if you have standard room, I like the Touchdown section for proximity to the food court and buses.

For those of you that have stayed at Pop and ASSp, what are the pros and cons?? I've heard the food court at Sports is a little less crowded? We like to request lake view at Pop, and it looks like at SPorts its either parking lot or the space between buildings (which could be noisy). Do they have poolside movies at Sports? Pool games? Any info is appreciated. Thinking of saving a few bucks and staying SPorts, but we love Pop so much, I'm not sure the approx. $75 savings is worth it.

For those of you that have stayed at Pop and ASSp, what are the pros and cons?? I've heard the food court at Sports is a little less crowded? We like to request lake view at Pop, and it looks like at SPorts its either parking lot or the space between buildings (which could be noisy). Do they have poolside movies at Sports? Pool games? Any info is appreciated. Thinking of saving a few bucks and staying SPorts, but we love Pop so much, I'm not sure the approx. $75 savings is worth it.

I enjoy both Pop and Sports, and in my opinion saving $75 to stay at Sports is worth it. The End Zone food court at Sports was newly renovated at the end of 2013 and it's really nice. Like all the resorts, Sports has poolside activities all day long and movies at night. I find that the value resort experience across the All-Stars and Pop is pretty consistent, especially because the in-room experience is identical, and so I'd expect you'd have a good stay at Sports if you choose it.

Hoops is okay for walking, but if you have standard room, I like the Touchdown section for proximity to the food court and buses.

Agree!:)

0133 and 0134 in Touchdown! are literally less than a minute from the Bus Stops!

17316481735_64ce08d8dc_b.jpg

17128931050_7604d498be_b.jpg

If we are staying in a preferred room, does that put us closer to bus stops etc? Anyone know if they happen to be in a "quiet" area?

If we are staying in a preferred room, does that put us closer to bus stops etc? Anyone know if they happen to be in a "quiet" area?
Yes,"technically",Surf's Up! has the closest rooms to Stadium Hall,BUT there are actually several rooms in Touchdown! that are closer to Stadium Hall than some of the Surf's Up rooms.

The "backside" of the Surf's Up! can be quiet-the "frontside" rooms face Surfboard Bay and "collect" pool noise.:)

Yes,"technically",Surf's Up! has the closest rooms to Stadium Hall,BUT there are actually several rooms in Touchdown! that are closer to Stadium Hall than some of the Surf's Up rooms.

The "backside" of the Surf's Up! can be quiet-the "frontside" rooms face Surfboard Bay and "collect" pool noise.:)
We will be there in November, so hoping for not too much pool noise. Would we do better requesting one of the Touchdown rooms (or can you even do that)?

We will be there in November, so hoping for not too much pool noise. Would we do better requesting one of the Touchdown rooms (or can you even do that)?
Yes,if you book a Standard Room you can request Touchdown!.:)

I would request "side of Bldg.10 opposite the Football Field/close to Bus Stops".:)

I am staying at All-Star Sports in November. I am looking for a quiet section to request. Since I am driving, being near the bus stops doesn't matter, although not having a long walk to the parking lot would be nice. I also don't need to be near the main building. I see above that I can request a Touchdown room. Any others as well?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter