Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

25 days to surprising DD with our three-night trip - leaving in 28 days!!! DH staying home for hockey playoffs - being at Disney is less stressful than being around him then! :)
Relatives just decided to stay at Sports with us but they can only get Preferred; we're in a Standard. Our reservations are linked. Any suggestions for where to request so we're near each other or may they magically give us an upgrade so we're closer?

Get the reservation number from your relatives and call the main reservations line. Have the CM link your reservation # with theirs as "traveling with". Then add a room request to be close to each other.

Get the reservation number from your relatives and call the main reservations line. Have the CM link your reservation # with theirs as "traveling with". Then add a room request to be close to each other.

Thank you. We've done that but didn't know if they would put us near each other since we're in two different room categories. Probably doesn't matter since we're hardly going to be in the rooms.

I'm looking at the resort map on touring plans a feeling a bit confused--are there only kind rooms in preferred buildings? we're a couple traveling to the world for 8 nights, and it's our first ASSp stay. if you had to choose, would you request a king bed or a room in the touchdown area?

thanks!

I'm looking at the resort map on touring plans a feeling a bit confused--are there only kind rooms in preferred buildings? we're a couple traveling to the world for 8 nights, and it's our first ASSp stay. if you had to choose, would you request a king bed or a room in the touchdown area?

thanks!

If it were me, I would request a king room. Sports is a pretty compact resort so no matter where you are it won't be much of a trek to the food court and bus stop.

There are some king rooms in every building.

There are some king rooms in every building.

thanks, dansdad! for some reason the only king rooms listed on touring plans are the preferred ones, but that felt odd because of disability regulations.

do most king rooms have wheelchair accessible showers? is there anything else to keep in mind?

thanks, dansdad! for some reason the only king rooms listed on touring plans are the preferred ones, but that felt odd because of disability regulations.

do most king rooms have wheelchair accessible showers? is there anything else to keep in mind?

You're welcome. I have found so many errors with the touring plans room finder that I stopped using it and stopped recommending it.

Most, but not all, king rooms are accessible rooms in some way.

You really can't go wrong with any room at AS Sports, even the standard ones. The resort is compact enough that a walk from any room isn't that far. But if you want preferred you will be in one of the Surfs Up Buildings that are right on top of the foodcourt and main pool. I just checked in online a few days ago and requested ground floor in of the Touchdown buildings.

Near to the time of our departure, I will request a high floor as we like to be high up and rather not have people in rooms above us banging on the floors.:D

Have been visiting other threads about rumors of the free dining promo coming out for the fall. We are going 9/24-9/29.

As for my sister, who is scheduled to come around Labor Day. Do All Stars still share buses? Also, does anyone know what stop they are at each park?

As for my sister, who is scheduled to come around Labor Day. Do All Stars still share buses? Also, does anyone know what stop they are at each park?

They share sometimes, not often, and when they do it's during slow periods of the day. FOr example, during an 8 night stay we shared 4 times.The stops at the parks change so it's hard to say where they will be.

Magic Band has shipped!!!

Ours have shipped too!:)

HAVE FUN!

Looks like we'll all be having a CHEERful stay at Sports!lol:)

15219770736_1b0c04ae4d_c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter