Here are some pics.

19136Picture_324c.jpg

19136Picture_124b.jpg

19136Picture_321c.jpg

19136Picture_320c.jpg

19136Picture_306c.jpg

Great pics MickMan!!! Thanks. Turned out WAY better than anything I took!(
(Which is why I didn't post many.) :confused3

Shucks, darn and fudge!! I cannot believe how many of you were there when we were and we did not meet even one of you. Also it seems that many were in bldg 7 with us at that!! My window was well decorated and I was at the end of #7 near the smaller pool. I had brought goodies. See what you missed out on? :rotfl:

Mick, what great pics. How in the world did you get so many without any people to clutter up the landscape??

I got great video of the Castle lighting from the train station, straight down Main Street, the Osborne Dancing Lights and a bunch of other stuff on this trip. Something to tide me over during these dark winter days that are coming. :cloud9:

I am sorry I missed you all, truly. I met several other DISers though.

BTW, we were at the Sports almost the entire month of September for the free dining and it was not very crowded but then the pool was under construction and many of the rooms were being renovated. Even at its worse I do not think Sports gets too badly crowded unless everyone wants the pool etc.

Slightly Goofy/Linda

SlightlyGoofy we went back to our room to rest before MVMCP and there was hardly anyone around.

Here are a couple of misc pics.

Picture_126c1.jpg

Picture_339c.jpg

Picture_343c.jpg

Picture_344c.jpg

Slightly Goofy/Linda,

We were in Building 7 also! We went through the back of the Food Court every day/evening going back to our room and I looked for you but never saw you. I got strep on Tuesday night and by Thursday morning I went to First Aid at MK and the nurse called my doctor and my doc called an antibiotic perscription in for me. I was in pretty bad shape. Then my DH got it so we had a less than happy time from Tuesday evening on through the end of our vacation. I spent much of my time in bed unfortunately. :sad2: I am calling it our Griswald Christmas vacation. :rotfl:

Donna

Donna, I wish I had known. I would have been glad to have helped out in any way I could. We were down for the count for several days on a trip last year and I know how that feels. If we had been sick any longer I think housekeeping would have come in expecting to find our bodies. Did you have a car to get to medical help? We always go in the Food Court by the back door also and I went up most every evening looking for DIS boarders and trust me you would have known it was me. :rotfl: I was so looking forward to meeting some of you, many familiar names too, since there were so many of us in one spot at one time.

Mick, I have many of the same pictures but there is a man with a mustache in mine. :laughing: What kind of camera did you use?

SG/Linda

Linda,

I was fortunate that the nurse at MK First Aid got my doctor's number from information and called her for me. My doctor then called my antibiotic prescription to Turner Drugs which delivers to the MK First Aid Station. After I took my first dose and went to bed, that first dose made me sick to my stomach so I was also dealing with that. Flying back on Saturday, I thought to myself, "I wonder how long it's going to take me to forget this trip so I will want to go again." If you knew just how much I love Disney, you would know just how awful it was for us for me to have those thoughts!

I sure wish I could have met you in person. As I said, I looked for you every time we went through that food court back door.

Donna

Just back as well but I was in building five. I looked everywhere for lime green Mickey heads but I saw none. Anyway we loved the resort but hated the # of sports teams there. It seemed like they were all in our building. I would definately stay here again.
Linda

Donna, I am glad that you were well taken care of . It would have been heartbreaking to me to know that a DIS friend was close by and in distress and I did not know it. I have to admit that I have had the self same thoughts about not going back at least on half of all trips. Seems to be happening more now that I am older though. I am sorry we did not meet up. I should have PM'd you with my last name and such so we could have called each other and gotten together.

memorykeeper, I am delighted that you had a good time and enjoyed my favorite resort in spite of all the sports teams. They usually stay in the parks most of the time though so except for crowding the food court they do not usually cause me much problems. I have been delighted with how much of the time they will offer to let us older folks in line ahead of them. Teens are just like the rest of us, smile and treat them human and they are pleased. I am the old lady you see sitting on the steps watching the kids do their skateboarding. I think it takes talent and they like an audience. I have to admit that I also try to sneak in a bit of advice on life here and there too. :rolleyes1 Old ladies are often sneaky. :cool1:

SG/Linda

But I guess it had to end sometime... We were in bldg 5 and I think it was refurbished?! We thought it was a nice resort. The beds are small and the teams were too much at times...but overall I would stay there again. The teams we encountered were loud and used offensive language, besides from taking up most of the seats on the buses. I think it is WRONG that healthy young boys are taking up all the seats while older people and people carrying small children were standing...just rubbed me the wrong way I guess.
I think the Disney Transportation system stinks!! It is very slow, the buses were almost always full, and they semed to be off their schedules a lot of times. While waiting to go to Animal Kingdom for OVER 30 minutes, 3 MK buses came and went. And then 2 AK buses showed up at the same time. We always allowed an hour to get places, but it was 1 1/2 hours most of the times. We enjoyed the food court, especially the chicken penne alfredo and the choc chip pancakes. I had a Mickey waffle with strawberry topping this morning and it was great!! Now I'm gonna get depressed about being back in the real world...

Thanks for posting the pictures!!

We're staying in All Sports in April next year, by then I believe that all the buildings are down to be completely refurbed (?). So, if they are, we're a young couple, which building would be best for us? We don't mind a little noise, I can cope with that, but wouldn't mind being in a decent place to access the food court/busses when we need too? Any suggestions??

I can't wait either, keeping up with this thread until we go then I can see what others think of Sports! I have to say I'm really looking forward to it all, it's soooo exciting to be going back!! :)

We enjoyed staying in Building 7, Football. It was close to the food court and we asked for a room away from the noise (football playground) so they put us in a room facing the grassy/wooded area. We didn't hear any loud kids at night, thankfully, because we are light sleepers.

SlightlyGoofy our cameras are both Kodak Easy Share. One is 5 megapixels and the other is 8.2 megapixels.

Does this look familar?
Picture_146c.jpg

and this was ours:
19136Picture_053c.jpg

we where up a level and couple of doors down from your room.

Just wondering if anyone knows the status of the refurb on the rooms. I loved the old rooms but am looking forward to a "NEW" room come August!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter