The Trip Report that (almost) never was.... a January 2013 TR ~ (Completed 4/17)

Great update and pics.

It looked like a good day.

Day Seven - Swimming, but a poor ending

Our final Disney day was going to be a free-for-all with absolutely no plans in mind. We woke up later in the afternoon around 9:30am and had breakfast in the food court at Pop. The weather was showing signs of being an amazing day. We decided to head to Epcot for some shopping and drinks. We also grabbed some fish and chips in the UK, but ended up leaving the park around 2:00pm due to how nice it was and wanting to spend a little time in the pool.

Sadly, this is where it all went downhill. We spent the afternoon swimming until around 5pm when we got out to shower and relax before dinner. It was at this time that DH had a feeling as though water was stuck in his ear. We tried to shake it out, but it didn't seem willing to budge. He used a few Q-tips (though I warned him this may be a bad idea) and said it felt a little better. We headed off to dinner on the Boardwalk, though something still didn't seem right.

Kouzzina, 7:05pm
This place was packed! And sadly I hear it is now gone :sad: But to give you a quick review it was pretty delicious, though far too pricey. DH and I both had a dish that (though I forget the fancy name) was similar in style to lasagna and was very creamy and delicious. DH loved this restaurant and I was more just ok with it, but there no longer exists an option to go back, so the debate has been ended on part of Disney magic :joker:

We headed back to the room after I looked in a few shops on the Boardwalk. I should note that we elected to take DHS transportation and I tried to convince DH to let me pop in to see Fantasmic one last time, but he was really not feeling well at this point - he kept complaining that it felt like water was stuck in his ear. So we headed back and packed our things, making an early night due to our early rise for departing tomorrow.

....however, if you have been following along I will let you know that on the boardwalk, just as we were leaving, I found my matching Simba plushie :upsidedow

Day Eight - Headaches and Heading Home

We were up early to head home as the DME was picking us up at 7am for our flight. Poor DH still felt like he had water in his ear and he was just miserable with cold-like symptoms that developed overnight and a headache from the ear pain. I was worried how he'd do on the flight.

We got to MCO early and sat waiting for our flight which was on time and smooth. Luckily, DH slept 75% of the way home and woke up still feeling crummy, but functioning. We were picked up by my mother and given a lift back to her place to retrieve our vehicles. From there it was 15 minutes home and I began unpacking all of our stuff while DH went to lie down. After about an hour, he asked if I would take him to the urgent care because his ear hurt so bad. :guilty: DH never admits to feeling pain, so I knew he wasn't suffering from the "man cold". Urgent care was able to drain a lot of buildup in his ear (from this pending cold) which released pool water :-)crazy2:) and helped his pain a bit. He still had lingering irritation, but it was nothing like the pain he felt on the way home. After his cold ran its course, life was back to normal.

We enjoyed our trip despite the poor ending and we are looking forward to our next trip in December 2014. DH was reluctant to plan it, but it all came together. Feel free to follow along on that PTR... and thank you for joining me on this TR that I FINALLY FINISHED! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I hate water in the ear.
Kouzzina is there till September 30th.
Hey! “Man cold”. Okay I had it last week. LOl
Glad he is feeling better.
Be happy it happened at the end and not the beginning.
Great report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter