'THE TRIP' discussion.

Oh, another good place to cover in Orlando would be Holy Land.
I have no interest in going (as I will surely burst into flames walking in there), but it would be cool to see them try out that place.

Also, I think they get a weird tax break or something because of religious reasons, and they open the park free of charge one day a year or something (forget if i heard that on the Dis or another parks podcast).
Shaaady.

Ive got to say I just can't get into the trip and the show just doesn't appeal to me. Ive tried to stick with it but I never seem to be able to.

I love both JL and Theresa and think both are excellent hosts, and would love to see them host more often when Pete is away from the main show. Its fine covering new restaurants / resorts but feel this could be achieved with a video that Reno/Craig could do.

Id much rather see JL and Theresa doing interviews at Disney or wherever with people like Steven Miller and these video's could be posted online or added to segments. I just feel sometimes when we hear this weeks show is going to be "what to pack on for vacation" it doesn't really appeal to me.

I love The Trip. I liked it with Dustin/Ryno, and I like it with Craig. I enjoy listening to them talk about things not related to Disney/Universal. I didn't know a lot of these places existed. I definately want to try Cafe Tu Tu Tango, and I want to take my daughter to the haunted house in Kissimmee. Being from Texas I enjoyed listening to their take on Chuy's, which is a Texas institution.

I would like to make a comment on one the shows, though. On the Shake Shack show, they talked about the dog food menu items and Craig said something to the effect that because he couldn't take his dog inside, the were alienating dog owners. Unless food service laws are a LOT different in Florida than they are in Texas, only service animals are allowed in restuarants. That is a Health Dept. call, Shake Shack has no choice in the matter.

Keep up the good work. I love listening to all the Dis shows. I vaguely remember listening to the radio years ago, but once I was introduced to podcasts, that was pretty much it for me...lol

On the Shake Shack show, they talked about the dog food menu items and Craig said something to the effect that because he couldn't take his dog inside, the were alienating dog owners.
I found that really odd, too. Sorry but there's no way I'm going to a restaurant that allows dogs to come inside. I like dogs but there are places where they just don't belong.

I love The Trip. I liked it with Dustin/Ryno, and I like it with Craig. I enjoy listening to them talk about things not related to Disney/Universal. I didn't know a lot of these places existed. I definately want to try Cafe Tu Tu Tango, and I want to take my daughter to the haunted house in Kissimmee. Being from Texas I enjoyed listening to their take on Chuy's, which is a Texas institution.

I would like to make a comment on one the shows, though. On the Shake Shack show, they talked about the dog food menu items and Craig said something to the effect that because he couldn't take his dog inside, the were alienating dog owners. Unless food service laws are a LOT different in Florida than they are in Texas, only service animals are allowed in restuarants. That is a Health Dept. call, Shake Shack has no choice in the matter.

Keep up the good work. I love listening to all the Dis shows. I vaguely remember listening to the radio years ago, but once I was introduced to podcasts, that was pretty much it for me...lol

I found that really odd, too. Sorry but there's no way I'm going to a restaurant that allows dogs to come inside. I like dogs but there are places where they just don't belong.
Perhaps, but maybe his point was that there was no option for them, for example, table service for the outside tables or even maybe a walk up window to place orders if you have your fur-baby with you?

My bank has dog bones they give away at the drive through window (they might also have them inside, I usually go to the ATM which is outside, and used to go through drive through with my friend), and I always found that rather odd - first of all that a bank would have that, and what about cats (even though a bigger dog person here), or why have anything besides maybe lollipops for the kids or something like that? (They do have pens, and I laugh when I see somebody else with one especially when I know they don't bank there). :rotfl2: Anyway - I thought of that immediately when I saw that show, and the dog food mentioned......just both places really, really odd to me.

Perhaps, but maybe his point was that there was no option for them, for example, table service for the outside tables or even maybe a walk up window to place orders if you have your fur-baby with you?

They have outdoor seating, but his point was that if he was there by himself with his dog, he couldn't go inside.

They have outdoor seating, but his point was that if he was there by himself with his dog, he couldn't go inside.
That's exactly what I said...
You can't take your dog in, maybe they could work out a way to serve those who do have a dog but no one to leave the dog outside with.

image.jpeg I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. :rotfl2:

For The Shake Shack dog discussion, I was just there last night and found they have a dog parking stand. It's a place you can tie your dog's leash to while you go in to order. The walls nearby are glass, so you should be able to watch them from inside. I don't feel this is ideal because you still have to leave your dog, but I suppose it is better than nothing.

I really appreciate this thread btw. The feedback is incredibly helpful. We are gearing up for next year's episodes, so hearing what y'all like and don't like is important. Suggestions for any changes in format are welcome. Requests for places you think we should go are welcome.Topics for "issues" are welcome. I'm all ears, and now is a good time because we are planning

View attachment 137405 I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. :rotfl2:

For The Shake Shack dog discussion, I was just there last night and found they have a dog parking stand. It's a place you can tie your dog's leash to while you go in to order. The walls nearby are glass, so you should be able to watch them from inside. I don't feel this is ideal because you still have to leave your dog, but I suppose it is better than nothing.

I really appreciate this thread btw. The feedback is incredibly helpful. We are gearing up for next year's episodes, so hearing what y'all like and don't like is important. Suggestions for any changes in format are welcome. Requests for places you think we should go are welcome.Topics for "issues" are welcome. I'm all ears, and now is a good time because we are planning
Thank you for all you (and the entire rest of all the podcasts teams) do, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

I suggested in the comments of the show before that I'd like to see The Trip do some outdoorsy stuff. My recommendation was Blue Springs State Park which is supposed to have a lot of manatees. I think that would be really interesting to hear about how they all get along in the great outdoors.

Agreed! There's a place we used to visit a lot when my parents lived farther north in FL called Homosassa Springs, which is along the Crystal River (which leads out into the Gulf of Mexico). They have a lot of neat things in that area and always seemed to be manatee central. I think it's about an hour and a half drive from the Orlando area. We also went to Silver Springs up near/in Ocala a couple of times...although, I preferred going to places like Ginnie Springs, where I was in the water (although that was ages ago, so things may have changed). Too much farther and it borders more on being an overnight trip, but there are lots of awesome outdoorsy things all over the state. Before my parents moved to FL, we used to do Disney trips combined with places like Sanibel, Singer Island, or the Keys. When they lived north of Orlando, they'd also go to places like St. Augustine and Amelia Island.

View attachment 137405 I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. :rotfl2:

I like that the issues are literally stuff that is current in your lives or the wider community/world.
I don't really have any suggestions because I don't know Florida well other than WDW and Universal, and my trips unfortunately don't allow much time for anything but those things, but, I love listening anyway.

Also, I enjoy the "what to pack" or "things you might not think to pack" and those types of segments too.

As mentioned, I'd probably listen to you guys commentate a grass growing competition, so keep on trucking guys and happy thanksgiving!!!

When we go to WDW, we stick to WDW. We don't venture off property, go to I-Drive, etc. So the shows that focus on local restaurants, attractions, etc., aren't relevant to me.

But I listen anyway.

And that's a testament to how good JL/Tess/Craig are at what they do. Even when they aren't talking about something that's pertinent to me, I still find it enjoyable.

P.S....I know it was just a typo in an earlier post, but I do think we should call Ryno "Reno" for a while.

When we go to WDW, we stick to WDW. We don't venture off property, go to I-Drive, etc. So the shows that focus on local restaurants, attractions, etc., aren't relevant to me.

But I listen anyway.

Same here! I don't even eat out at restaurants bc of food restrictions and I listen along for amusement purposes! Keep it going girls (and boys)

But I listen anyway.

And that's a testament to how good JL/Tess/Craig are at what they do. Even when they aren't talking about something that's pertinent to me, I still find it enjoyable.

P.S....I know it was just a typo in an earlier post, but I do think we should call Ryno "Reno" for a while.

That actually gave me an idea for an episode for The Trip; when staying on property, how do you get any groceries or items you might have forgot. I know there are delivery services that can bring groceries to your resort, but I've never tried them. DW and I usually will take a cab which will wait for about 30 minutes while we grab food and hit the liquor store. This saves a lot of money as opposed to packing snacks or buying from the resort. Just an idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter