The things you forgot to pack...

la79al

DIS Veteran
What is the one thing or the couple of things that you forgot to pack? Or tbe things you didn't pack because you didn't think you would need but then realized you needed when you got to DW?

extra memory card for my digital camera - had to keep deleting pictures every night that I thought I wouldn't want just to make room for the next day!

Cold medicine for the kids. The gift shop had some, but it was EXPENSIVE!! I didn't expect the kids to get a cold, brought every other type of pharmaceutical though!!!

Gum...they don't sell it on property. I have to have my gum...especially after a meal.

Ear plugs...you never know...we've had noisy families above and next to us before and nothing is worse than being awakened late at night when you're trying to get shut-eye for an early morn or awakened early.

Stamps...I am more apt to send out postcards if I have them right there.

Collapsable mesh clothes hamper...picked one up on our last trip for like $2-3 bucks. It was so nice to have a proper place to store dirty clothes other than in a heap some where or on one side of my suitcase. We ended up washing a load last trip and I could just tote it there and back. Won't go on any future trip w/o it!

Zip lock bags are always useful for food, and any valuables you don't want to get wet. Also, make sure you bring a messanger bag or backpack and water bottles.

Forgot first trip, but will never forget again:

Dryer sheets (to cover the smell of a smoking room) put under my pillow and over the vents so the air blew over it.

Small desk fan--to drown out the extra noise from people coming in later from the park.

Moleskin--a must for our feet to prevent blisters

Preaddressed labels for our postcards. So much quicker.

Extra ziplock bags--for so many things like wet clothes last day there, half eaten candy, all used film canisters so they are easier to pull out at the airport.

And many of the things already mentioned on this thread.

anty30 said:
Zip lock bags are always useful for food, and any valuables you don't want to get wet. Also, make sure you bring a messanger bag or backpack and water bottles.

I second zip loc bags. I always try and have a couple on my bag when we got to the parks.

We live local, so normally do day trips. Last weekend we stayed at BC for a night, and I had to pack to go... wow - I took way too much stuff for an overnight... just the technology alone -digital camera, extra batteries, battery charger, cell phone, laptop and cord......

and what did I forget, Undies for ME!

Extra batteries for your camera. Also a small throw blanket for the kids to rest their head on when they fall asleep in the stroller also to cover their legs at night when it gets cool.

Okay it wasn't at DW, but once when going to the beach, I forgot to pack my DDs 10 and 9 large suitcase....including all clothes and bathing suits, socks, underwear......We made a quick stop to a discount tourist shop and a Dollar General and got everything we needed (two outfits on clearance, pack of undies, and a bathing suit per girl haha). We just washed them over and over.

Dawna

Sun tan lotion. I found out the hard way that it is possible to burn in the middle of March!!

An extra duffel bag. Twice now we have had to purchase more luggage to carry our souvenirs home. Once you buy a few beach towels and a mug or two, you'll find you need more space. Taking an extra collapsible duffel bag is a really good idea.

Two best ideas we used last time - taken from somewhere on these boards - 1. collapsible clothes hamper is a great idea
2..a night light for that strange path to the bathroom (funny how this never came up when I was younger!)

I second the night light! I take one where ever I go - even before I had my son. DH gets up ALOT at night. Then in the early morning I will not have to turn on lights to get ready either. (I'm up before the sun most times!). I ahve bought one just for that use and leave it with my travel stuff - they are cheap enough!

i always take two clothespins with me.

sometimes the curtains don't meet or don't overlap and the light in the morning is too early for me.

i clip the clothespins to hold the curtain and not let light filter thru

anty30 said:
They took mine away last time I went through airport security with them.

They should not have taken your tweezers - they have never been on the "prohibited" list. Make acomplaint on the TSA.gov web site! :confused3

The first time I went.... I forgot sandwhich bags for my sandwhichs to bring to the park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter