The Taylors hit Orlando pt 1

Denisebrum

Earning My Ears
I should introduce us first. I'm Denise, 44 year old mum of 3. Dave, my husband, 43, DD1, Suzanne, 12. DD2, Ruth, 9 and DD3 Claire, 4.
I wrote a diary of our trip, so that will be the bases of my trip report.

Florida 2008!

26/10/08

O.K. Why am I the only one wide awake at 4.30am? I have too many things whizzing around in my head and it’s 9.30 according to my body clock!

Well, we’re here! We finally made it back to Florida. The journey out was great apart from a couple of little hiccups, both our fault.

We left home, ahead of schedule, at 8am, drove up the M6 for ½ an hour, heading for Manchester Airport. I was trying to find the booking form for the car parking, when I remembered that Dave needed his paper driving licence. He hadn’t got it and all the info said you need it, so we turned around and went home!

We left home at 9am, behind schedule!

We got to the airport parking with out further mishap (although I didn’t find the booking form until after we arrived) and caught the shuttle to the airport. The queue for check in was huge, but we used the fast Kiosk and the queue moved quickly. We went through security, had some lunch and it was time to board.

The flight was good. Seat back TVs and decent films. The kids were well behaved. Suzanne and Ruth sat with Dave and me and Claire sat behind them, both rows were by a window. Claire slept for a couple of hours, in the most extraordinary positions, on the floor and upside down with her feet up the windows!

We landed in hot, sunny Florida (Orlando International airport) a little late but got through security and baggage reclaim in record time. This was partly helped by a tip to queue on the far right visitors queue, as when the American Citizens queue is finished they take people from this queue. This proved to be true and we were the first through that line! We got to car hire and picked up our Virgin Info pack, only to realise we hadn’t reclaimed Claire’s car seat. A very nice man at the baggage office got someone to send it through with a bit of a delay, but we were away before a lot of people and picked up our huge 7 seater Chrysler.

We found the Villa office without to much hassle (I love GPS!) and set off for “Town Centre, Davenport”. We stopped at Publix for a bit of shopping and got to the Villa at 10pm (3am for us!)

The villa is lovely. 3 huge bedrooms, 2 with on suite. Suzanne and Ruth are sharing a room. The pool looks nice (Suzanne checked for alligators!). There is a big ope plan lounge, kitchen, diner area.

It’s a gated estate. The villa is privately owned and seems well equipped.

Oh, I forgot to text mum that we got here! We are going to Magic Kingdom later so I should try and get some sleep.
P.S. Alamo told Dave he didn’t’ need his paper licence after all!

great start, looking forward to the rest of your trippie x

A great start. The villa looks lovely.

Looking forward to reading more. :)

Always great to get there with your whole holiday ahead of you.

susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!