Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Just got back from 7 nights in a Swan executive suite. We stayed 6 months ago in a Dolphin grand suite (sorry, didn't take pics). My wife and I were traveling with our two year old son. He is thankfully still able to sleep in a crib but usually won't sleep in a pack-n-play so the fact that the Swan/Dolphin roll in an actual crib with a real mattress is a huge advantage for these properties over Disney hotels. The Swan suite was newly remodeled. The Dolphin suite we had 6 months ago was not yet updated. The Swan suite had 2 balconies and the Dolphin had none despite being a higher level of suite. Putting aside the remodeled room we enjoy the Swan more than the Dolphin because of its smaller size. Our grand suite at the Dolphin required a very long trek from the elevator to our room every day. Our Swan suite was right off the elevators on the 7th floor and despite it being close and having the ice machine between the two rooms we never had problems with noise from either. They allowed us to use 100k SPG for the Dolphin grand suite (required a call and some coercion on my part, they were sold out of standard executives) but we just paid for the Swan executive because we got it for ~$400 a night all in (room rate, taxes, 2 resort fees). We will be staying in December in another Swan executive for 10k SPG points+$200 a night. It's great having so many options for booking depending on the rate. Please excuse the photo quality and the mess.

View of our Parlor balcony from our bedroom balcony

These are great pics. For anyone considering an executive suite, be aware that the Swan has a pull-out couch only in the "parlor" section while the Dolphin has a king murphy bed that comes down from the wall (i.e. a "real" bed).

Steve- please comment if this is still the case.

We love the Dolphin executive suite for this reason- My wife and I in the king bed, kids in a separate room with 2 doubles. Hopefully this will continue to be the case post-rehab.

Yes, that appeared to be the case. Not a factor for us right now but won't be long! We actually booked a Dolphin executive for next April so it could be by then. Any idea if the Dolphin suites will be remodeled by then?

I assume some rooms will be done by April 2016. I hope to score a rehab'd room when I'm next there in Dec 2016.

Great pics Steve! Thanks for taking the time to fill us all in on the new look! Has anyone stayed in a deluxe alcove king room at the Swan? We are going next May with our two adult children. I know that there is a queen sofa bed in that type of room and we plan on getting a rollaway bed as well. Would there be enough room for that in the room? Any room configurations that might be better to allow for separate beds for them? Thanks for any ideas!

Am I able to book two rooms at the teacher rate for extended family to use? I would put my name on both of them. If not, how about one room on points and one room at the teacher rate?

Great pics Steve! Thanks for taking the time to fill us all in on the new look! Has anyone stayed in a deluxe alcove king room at the Swan? We are going next May with our two adult children. I know that there is a queen sofa bed in that type of room and we plan on getting a rollaway bed as well. Would there be enough room for that in the room? Any room configurations that might be better to allow for separate beds for them? Thanks for any ideas!

Some Swan Deluxe Alcove King Rooms actually have room for two roll aways. We did this last time. The room was configured so that the queen sofa could not pull out so they comped us the roll away beds. We stood them on end against the way during the day. It was great and much more comfortable than the sofa.

A few quick questions...we have an upcoming stay at the Swan. Are there coffee makers in the room? If so, are they Kcup machines?

Also, we are doing a split stay. We're starting our trip at Pop Century and then moving over to the Swan. I know that the WDW Resorts don't officially offer baggage transfers to Swan/Dolphin, but I read somewhere that sometimes they will do that for guests. Anyone have any experience with that?

Last question...since we won't have Magical Express to get back to the airport, does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for airport transportation?

Thanks!

Some Swan Deluxe Alcove King Rooms actually have room for two roll aways. We did this last time. The room was configured so that the queen sofa could not pull out so they comped us the roll away beds. We stood them on end against the way during the day. It was great and much more comfortable than the sofa.
Thanks so much. We're just trying to make sure that everyone is as comfortable as possible. Any idea what room number you were in?

Has anyone here used the Mandara Spa for a treatment recently? I am interested in booking a couples massage or the couples retreat. We are staying at the Grand Floridian, but I liked the look of this spa over Senses. TripAdvisor and Yelp reviews don't seem great, so I wanted to get some feedback from my trusted Disboards friends. I liked that the lounge areas are co-ed at Mandara (going with my honey so I would like to relax with him!), whereas they seem to be single-sex at Senses. However, if the condition of the spa, the service, and the treatments aren't of excellent quality, I would rather spend the money at Senses. Any help? Thanks!

Has anyone here used the Mandara Spa for a treatment recently? I am interested in booking a couples massage or the couples retreat. We are staying at the Grand Floridian, but I liked the look of this spa over Senses. TripAdvisor and Yelp reviews don't seem great, so I wanted to get some feedback from my trusted Disboards friends. I liked that the lounge areas are co-ed at Mandara (going with my honey so I would like to relax with him!), whereas they seem to be single-*** at Senses. However, if the condition of the spa, the service, and the treatments aren't of excellent quality, I would rather spend the money at Senses. Any help? Thanks!

We have used both the Mandara and the GF spa for couples massages before. Mandara is more of a traditional spa you'd find at a non-disney resort. The GF spa (disclaimer, this was 10 years ago) was too close to the gym and not as relaxing in my opinion. That said, I probably wouldn't travel all the way to the Dolphin because of the differences.

Am hoping for some advice from some experienced Swan/Dolphin people! I'm thinking of taking a 5-6 day Disney trip in late October by myself with my two girls (ages 5.5 and nearly 8 at time of trip.) We went about 18 months ago with a group 10, extended family and stayed club level at the Polynesian. We had a fantastic time and I'm dying to take them back. I have a ton of Starwood points so I'm thinking to save some $ I would use them to stay at the Swan instead of a Disney resort. My few questions...

1) If I want to use my starwood points, do I book on the westin website or do I book with disney somehow to make sure the reservation is linked up on the disney website for booking fastpasses, using our magic bands and dining reservations?

2) How do you think the two resorts compare in terms of the convenience factor? Obviously having the monorail to MK was great and so easy (but honestly, not sure its worth the 4K-5K it would cost me to stay there again considering I have an essentially free option! I think we would spend most of our time at MK, plus a day at HS and maybe a morning at Epcot - its during F&W and I want to avoid the crowds. I'll be doing this trip on my own with the two kids so I want to make sure I'm not planning more than I can handle!!

3) Are there quick and easy breakfast option at Swan?

4) If we fly into Orlando, what do you recommend for transport to the Swan? I'm not really interested in renting a car since parking is so expensive there and I won't really be using it...

Thanks!

Great rates at the Dolphin for Nov if you are a teacher or nurse! Only $180 per night!! and over Thanksgiving! Just booked a room for my DS and DIL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter