Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Yikes. I misread the question above, thinking the Swan was now higher. But it generally is. After rereading, and your reply hsmamato, now sure the reason.

but for the time I am planning, the Swan is more available, rates are cheaper, the Dolphin supposedly not renovated yet by that time.....:confused3

I can't even type. :scared1:

The word 'now' above should be 'not'...not sure.

Based on what I have read online, Dolphin would not be finished until next year at least.

I can't even type. :scared1:

The word 'now' above should be 'not'...not sure.

Based on what I have read online, Dolphin would not be finished until next year at least.
got it....:thumbsup2 I managed to book at the dolphin by calling and getting a very helpful rep.- but on the site the Dolphin is now a much harder hotel to book. I like the Dolphin a lot, which is why I keep picking it...and why I asked the above for opinions on both....my family visited just the lobby of the Swan,and it seems so tiny in comparison, not sure if they would like it there as much....

hmmmm- seems odd that the Swan is now easier to book and cheaper than the Dolphin, I would assume it would be higher prices for the new renovation rooms....

The cost usually has more to do with availability, usually having to do with conventions -- most often Dolphin booked first.

Swan (Westin-branded) will normally be slightly more expensive than Dolphin (Sheraton-branded) -- but when the Swan is priced less than Dolphin -- grab it! ::yes::

;)

Swan (Westin-branded) will normally be slightly more expensive than Dolphin (Sheraton-branded) -- but when the Swan is priced less than Dolphin -- grab it! ::yes::

;)
Really? Why do you say that? Inquiring minds want to know!:flower1:

In the hierarchy of SPG, the Westin brand is a step up from the Sheraton brand. All of the major hotel groups...Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, etc., have similar stratification.

Well I just booked the Swan for dh and I.

We will be there May 31-June 5.

Used all his ff miles for a free room. I dont know what type of room we are going to get. It just says Promotional Offer Swan Wing.

I didnt make any requests. Should I have? Dh is a starwoods member.

Last time I did ask closer to elevator for request. We were about 2 rooms away from the elevator and right across from the housekeeping supply closet. I dont think that was the best location though. We did hear people in the morning a little too much.

So what if you check in and dont like your room location? I am only saying location, not type of room we are getting whatever that is. Since I use the wheelchair as a walker most of the time, adding a long walk down the hall after a long park day is tiring.

Also what is the best way to get to the grotto pool from the Swan? As least walking as possible? TIA.

Not sure about the rooms.... when checking in you can ask the CSR where the room is,and let them know about the long walk being a problem, I have found that if you do it nicely, they are willing to be very helpful.... I also travel with a small white noise machine,so no issues with elevator or guest noise...

I just got back from an 8 night stay at the Dolphin. I have always stayed at the Swan prior to this visit.

Granted, the Dolphin does not have double sinks and the beds are double, instead of queen, but we were very happy being close to Fresh, where we ate breakfast every day (except for a character breakfast at Tusker House). The laundry facilities, and Picabu (24 hr cafeteria).

You can't go wrong with either the Swan or Dolphin!

(Sorry to miss you Maryann and your DH)

TC :cool1:

I just got back from an 8 night stay at the Dolphin. I have always stayed at the Swan prior to this visit.

Granted, the Dolphin does not have double sinks and the beds are double, instead of queen, but we were very happy being close to Fresh, where we ate breakfast every day (except for a character breakfast at Tusker House). The laundry facilities, and Picabu (24 hr cafeteria).

You can't go wrong with either the Swan or Dolphin!

(Sorry to miss you Maryann and your DH)

TC :cool1:

I was thinking of you too Cindy. We would have been there the same time as you but this year ds3 is graduating Friday with his BSN so didnt want to miss that. Also we had to work around dh work schedule so its crazy. The day before we leaves he flies in from Calif and the day after we get back he is off to Beijing and Shanghai.

How did you like Fresh??? Was it better than the Garden Grove breakfast buffet?

Well I just booked the Swan for dh and I.

We will be there May 31-June 5.

Used all his ff miles for a free room. I dont know what type of room we are going to get. It just says Promotional Offer Swan Wing.

I didnt make any requests. Should I have? Dh is a starwoods member.

Last time I did ask closer to elevator for request. We were about 2 rooms away from the elevator and right across from the housekeeping supply closet. I dont think that was the best location though. We did hear people in the morning a little too much.

So what if you check in and dont like your room location? I am only saying location, not type of room we are getting whatever that is. Since I use the wheelchair as a walker most of the time, adding a long walk down the hall after a long park day is tiring.

TIA.
You may want to consider requesting an accessible room, as normally, they are not a great distance from elevators.
http://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/accessible.html

I would also suggest contacting the Swan's in-house reservations department with your requests and concerns.
Phone 888-828-8850

I was thinking of you too Cindy. We would have been there the same time as you but this year ds3 is graduating Friday with his BSN so didnt want to miss that. Also we had to work around dh work schedule so its crazy. The day before we leaves he flies in from Calif and the day after we get back he is off to Beijing and Shanghai.

Bob likes Fresh better than Garden Grove. I like Garden Grove because they have more of a fresh fruit selection. I love the blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries that Garden Grove has. But Fresh had watermelon so I was good with that!

I've never had breakfast at either, but I like to buy a fruit smoothie at Fresh in the a.m. on my way to the pool.....

We're looking forward to our first stay at the Swan. I'm still waiting for the lower rates to come out(Teacher) They certainly are lower than when I made reservations(Jan)but I'm thinking the rates will be even lower by November!!

When will the refurb at the Swan be complete? The website still lets you book the not yet refurbished rooms, so I'm guessing there is still at least a little work going on. Or, are only some of the rooms getting the 'upgrade' to the Grand Deluxe Room?

Sorry if this is already common knowledge. My searching skills on the forum couldn't find the right words to type!

Last edited:
When will the refurb at the Swan be complete? The website still lets you book the not yet refurbished rooms, so I'm guessing there is still at least a little work going on. Or, are only some of the rooms getting the 'upgrade' to the Grand Deluxe Room?

Sorry if this is already common knowledge. My searching skills on the forum couldn't find the right words to type!

All the rooms will be refurbished. I think the "grand deluxe" nomenclature is temporary to distinguish refurb vs non-refurb rooms. I originally read that 500 of the swan rooms (out of 756) were to be finished by the "end of 2014" and all rooms finished in 2016. Hopefully someone will share updated info.

Hi LMP! ;-). Fresh is delicious! But, the service is slow. Not a problem unless you are anxious to get to the pals. We go on our "enjoy the resort" day!

Hey there, Dan! How are you feeling? I haven't been here in a while. Past two trips were at POFQ due to Magical Express . I miss the Dolphin very much! DD graduated college last weekend and starts her DCP internship in August. DH & I purchased APs and have three trips planned to visit her - August To settle her in, October on my own to see her during F&W and the DH & I again to be with her at Christmas. I might make another trip in November! ;-). I'm going to miss my baby!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter