Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does the S/D still have the gov't rate...having trouble accessing via their website?

What do I select? Special room request or just email the concierge asking for an upgrade
I can't log in now, I do not have a current reservation. My recollection is that the special room request is actually for special rooms, like handicapped, adjoining, etc. There should be a typing box there to request, that is where you would indicate your hope of an upgrade.

So I started reading this and stopped on post one....it says the hotels are 20 min from the airport.??? We always take ME and it takes at least 45 minutes. Is it really 20 minutes in a more direct route?

Anyone know what Swan Wing means when booking a room? This is on my dh ff mile booking site. I dont know who they use, maybe expedia, but not sure. TIA

Anyone know what Swan Wing means when booking a room? This is on my dh ff mile booking site. I dont know who they use, maybe expedia, but not sure. TIA
I would say weat wing or east wing. I prefer east, it faces the Boardwalk/Epcot, it you have a room on the actual east side. Some of the rooms in the east, and all the rooms in the west, would face the S/D resort area. See the map here. East on on your right here, west on the left.

swan-dolphin-disney-map.jpg

From the current S/D newsletter.........

Flower and Garden Festival
Special Rates

Guests of the Walt Disney World® Swan and Dolphin receive up to 40% off for stays between March 17 and May 17.

Ask for rate code "FLOWERS" when booking your stay.

www.SwanDolphin.com

(or 407-934-4000)

Very excited! We ended up canceling our YC stay in favor of our favorite resort -The Dolphin! Going to POR for one night prior to our 7 night Fantasy cruise followed by 4 nights at the Dolphin. I can't wait!

Has anyone obtained an AP discount on room reservations for the Swan or Dolphin? Curious to know if it's worth calling to ask. I'm planning a trip for October 2015.

Has anyone obtained an AP discount on room reservations for the Swan or Dolphin? Curious to know if it's worth calling to ask. I'm planning a trip for October 2015.
I believe the answer is no. But things may have changed. Always worth a call IMO.

I'm having trouble linking my reservation in MDE. I saw it takes 24 hours, but does that include weekends? Just can't get it going, I called Disney and was told it takes 24 hours, but I'm already over that. Coming up on 60 days soon and just want my ducks in a row!

I made my reservation at the Dolphin yesterday morning, by that evening I was able to link my reside to MDE; however, I could only include myself and one other person from our party of 5. I had to call back today to add them. We will see if it works tomorrow.

Just from reading this thread it appears to be hit or miss.

From Mousesavers

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disney-world-swan-dolphin-hotels/#ap

I'm having trouble linking my reservation in MDE. I saw it takes 24 hours, but does that include weekends? Just can't get it going, I called Disney and was told it takes 24 hours, but I'm already over that. Coming up on 60 days soon and just want my ducks in a row!
Do you have a 9 or 7 digit confirmation number. 9 is needed.

I made my reservation at the Dolphin yesterday morning, by that evening I was able to link my reside to MDE; however, I could only include myself and one other person from our party of 5. I had to call back today to add them. We will see if it works tomorrow.

Just from reading this thread it appears to be hit or miss.
Every person (children included) must be listed on the reservation in order to link properly.

I checked this morning and they had 5 people listed on my reservation, I was then able to properly link all the people on our travel party.

I have a 9 digit number and it's still not linking. I called yesterday and they told me 24 hours. I called today and to give it 24 hours. Not sure why, but it appears nothing can be done until tomorrow which is far past the 24 hour mark. I made the reservation on Friday. I guess my version of 24 hours is a bit different than theirs.

Perhaps a weird question, but do they have the same check-in policies as the Disney resorts?

Specifically wondering about early morning check-in. Disney allows you to check in around 6 or 7am. (Of course, your room may not be available until 3pm.)

We are staying one night at CBR prior to our Dolphin stay. (Dolphin was unavailable) That morning I will be attending a class at DHS with our three kids that starts at 7:45. My plan was for DH to drop us off at HS, check in at the Dolphin, and then meet up with us a few hours later when the class is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!