The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Happy New Year!

November 6th - Magic Kingdom!

Today we were up for a rope drop start at Magic Kingdom, our first park of the trip!

We got to the bus stop around 8am and according to the time stamp on my photos arrived at the park around 8:30am.

I knew we were running a little late but I wasn't exactly prepared for the crowds we were about to face. By the time we got through bag check, the line was way past the turnstiles, giving us no view of the Welcome Show :( I was pretty bummed. On top of that, not all the turnstiles were open which caused SO much chaos and line shifting to get in. It was well past 9am by the time we got into the park.
My hopes of getting on Peter Pan first thing were quickly squashed. So we did take our time our little as we walked in, stopping for some pictures.

We thought about heading on Winnie the Pooh but the line for that looked too long for our liking. So instead we hit up another favorite- Under the Sea! It was a walk-on and certainly not a bad first ride.

From there we headed to It's A Small World, which was also a walk-on!

Up next...Time to meet some characters!

bummer about the lines and that impacting your plans and not getting to see the welcome show. Wonder your thoughts on the change coming with them opening up Main St early and a new welcome show being at the Castle

Seems like some good first rides though!

That sucks about the tapstiles not all being open. It happened to us recently too, and oh my gosh, what a nightmare as people tried to shift over. People were getting UPSET! I don't know why they do that. I feel like they have to know certain ones aren't going to be open so they can tell people who walk up to those early enough for them to get in line somewhere else.

30955783773_8092318fe3.jpg

So cute!

Even though your hopes of getting on Peter Pan were dashed, looks like you got a lot more done in its place!

Looks like a fun start to your first park day! You two take cute selfies good job, I never am satisfied with mine lol.

Totally joining in on your trip report! We stayed at All Star Sports on our last family vacation back in 2014 and had a blast! And we're totally doing Chef Mickey's on arrival night in May! Can't wait to hear more :)

Oh no. I hate when it's more crowded than you expected. You have to do some quick game changing in your head. It's a bummer that you weren't able to see the Welcome Show or ride Peter Pan, but it sounds like you kept a good attitude throughout the situation. And you're right, Under the Sea isn't a bad first ride of the day!

Great photos by the castle. Your enthusiasm is still there!

bummer about the lines and that impacting your plans and not getting to see the welcome show. Wonder your thoughts on the change coming with them opening up Main St early and a new welcome show being at the Castle

Seems like some good first rides though!

It was a little bit of a bummer but didn't ruin our morning completely! I am very curious about how the new welcome show is going to work out and what time everyone will be allowed into the park. I am sure it will put a damper on those PPO ADRs now as I'm guessing you won't get those empty park pics anymore. We will see!

That sucks about the tapstiles not all being open. It happened to us recently too, and oh my gosh, what a nightmare as people tried to shift over. People were getting UPSET! I don't know why they do that. I feel like they have to know certain ones aren't going to be open so they can tell people who walk up to those early enough for them to get in line somewhere else.

So cute!

Even though your hopes of getting on Peter Pan were dashed, looks like you got a lot more done in its place!

Such a nightmare with everyone trying to push over to the open lines! I don't understand why they wouldn't have all turnstiles open, or like you said make it known that certain ones won't be open. Makes no sense!

We still had a great morning so can't really complain at all!

Looks like a fun start to your first park day! You two take cute selfies good job, I never am satisfied with mine lol.

It was! And thank you! lol we have had A LOT of practice ;)

Following along

Thanks for joining in! :)

Totally joining in on your trip report! We stayed at All Star Sports on our last family vacation back in 2014 and had a blast! And we're totally doing Chef Mickey's on arrival night in May! Can't wait to hear more :)

Hi there, thanks for joining in! How exciting to have a trip in May and Chef Mickey's planned for your first night!

Oh no. I hate when it's more crowded than you expected. You have to do some quick game changing in your head. It's a bummer that you weren't able to see the Welcome Show or ride Peter Pan, but it sounds like you kept a good attitude throughout the situation. And you're right, Under the Sea isn't a bad first ride of the day!

Great photos by the castle. Your enthusiasm is still there!

When you do so much planning it's hard to have to change your plans, but it ended up working out!

Thank you :)

November 6th - Character time!

After that we lined up for Gaston's first meet of the day. I expected the line to be longer but we ended up being the second group in line and were done pretty quickly!

We then headed to Storybook Circus to meet some characters!

We also had some fun in the gift shop. For some reason this is one of my favorite stores to spend time in!

We were heading out of Fantastyland when we saw Fairy Godmother out meeting! I thought she no longer met and we both love her a lot so we immediately got in line! She was SO wonderful and really treated us like princesses :)

Up next...More MK and lunch!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you, too. The holidays were pretty good, but busy. Trying to catch up on all the DIS TR's now!

We also had some fun in the gift shop. For some reason this is one of my favorite stores to spend time in!
I like all the baked goods in there. It seems to be almost the same as Main Street Confectionery, but much less crowded (at least in my experience).

We were heading out of Fantastyland when we saw Fairy Godmother out meeting! I thought she no longer met and we both love her a lot so we immediately got in line!
Wow, I didn't think she met anymore either. I wonder is that's a permanent change or just something temporary.

I think my favorite thing about your TRs is that you're such a big character hunter!! I miss those days with DS, but I'm looking forward to when DD will be interested in character hunting with me. Can't wait to do the princesses with her in Disneyland! And she loves Minnie right now, so I hope that carries on until we make it to DL.

Happy New Year to you, too. The holidays were pretty good, but busy. Trying to catch up on all the DIS TR's now!

I like all the baked goods in there. It seems to be almost the same as Main Street Confectionery, but much less crowded (at least in my experience).

Wow, I didn't think she met anymore either. I wonder is that's a permanent change or just something temporary.

I agree, most of the treats are the same and it's never really crowded in there!

I have no idea, but I was glad for our good luck in catching her!

I love the smells and sweets at the Big top, looks like some good character meets.

Big Top always smells amazing!! I really love that area of the park as a whole.

I think my favorite thing about your TRs is that you're such a big character hunter!! I miss those days with DS, but I'm looking forward to when DD will be interested in character hunting with me. Can't wait to do the princesses with her in Disneyland! And she loves Minnie right now, so I hope that carries on until we make it to DL.

Aww thank you! Yes characters are totally my thing! I am sure DD will be a character lover, you are going to have so much fun with her!

November 6th - Be Our Guest!

We then decided to head to the castle to take some pictures!

My Giants were playing today so I also had to show my support from miles away and send this picture back home!

We then went to check-in for our lunch at Be Our Guest!

Our reservation was for 11:45am and holy cow was the line LONG! By the time we ordered and sat down it was 12:25pm! I've never considered ordering beforehand but this really made me re-think that! It was niice to sit for a bit and enjoy the holiday decorations!

We both got the Turkey Sandwich and Grey Stuff Cupcake. This is one of my favorite QS meals at Disney, especially the cupcake, and it did not disappoint!

When we finished eating, we spent some time looking at all the decorations.

Up next...We get on some Disney favorites!

Oh man I can't believe it took that long to order!! We ordered ahead last time but I didn't realize how long the line would be if we hadn't. Good to know for next time! That grey stuff cupcake is THE BEST!

That is my favorite lunch meal at BOG as well including the cupcake yum! We have preordered the last two times and it really does help lessen the wait.

Love the Christmas Decorations in BOG....so beautiful! And the food looked super yum :-)

Way to support the GMEN!!! (keep the faith for next season!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter