The Sugies Do Disney - A May 2015 TR! *COMPLETED! 12/14*

Wow. That's so cool to be able to enjoy all that without crowds. I love that parade.

It was a great evening! Such a great parade!

Seats with a clear view...doesn't get much better than that :)

So true! Couldn't have asked for more :)

What a fun night and low crowds are a total bonus!

It was great, thanks!

That's great that the lines were so low after Wishes! And what a great spot to see the parade. Seats and no one blocking your view? Total win! And love the MSEP pictures!

It was really great (and more short lines still to come)! It was the perfect parade viewing experience!

Great pictures of all of the nighttime shows! As much fun as we had in Disneyland, the nighttime shows during off season just don't compare to with WDW shows, especially since we were unable to see World of Color while it was down for refurb. You are in for such a treat seeing all of the great stuff they have out there for the 60th anniversary. I'm so jealous!!!

The meets with Tink and Mickey look so fun! I will have to see if I can find a video of him saying Cheese. It sounds like it would be so adorable!

As for the Dole Whip, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they stopped serving the pineapple and vanilla swirl entirely. :( I was so disappointed to read that because that was our favorite thing to get from Aloha Isle!

Great pictures of all of the nighttime shows! As much fun as we had in Disneyland, the nighttime shows during off season just don't compare to with WDW shows, especially since we were unable to see World of Color while it was down for refurb. You are in for such a treat seeing all of the great stuff they have out there for the 60th anniversary. I'm so jealous!!!

The meets with Tink and Mickey look so fun! I will have to see if I can find a video of him saying Cheese. It sounds like it would be so adorable!

As for the Dole Whip, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they stopped serving the pineapple and vanilla swirl entirely. :( I was so disappointed to read that because that was our favorite thing to get from Aloha Isle!

Thank you! I really am so excited to see the new nighttime shows in DL!

Both were great meets, especially the Mickey one! Here's a video of him saying it around the 50 second mark..just too cute!

UGH that is disappointing, that was my favorite too! Thanks for letting me know.

I can't believe all you gals packed in at one day at the parks! You have given me some great idea for magic shots. :D

I can't believe all you gals packed in at one day at the parks! You have given me some great idea for magic shots. :D

We certainly did do a lot! I'm totally a commando style tourer so I guess that helps haha

I see your trip is in one week, have so much fun!! :banana:

I got so behind, but now I'm caught up!

Let's see if I can remember everything I wanted to comment on...I should have pulled quotes. Oops.

-I love the selfies of you two, as always. You both look so happy in all of them and it makes me happy!
-when the soft pink light is on the castle, it's the BEST.
-That has to be the most glam Tink I've ever seen. She should be Miss America or something.
-That final picture of Wishes is GORGEOUS. I did miss the straight on view at our dessert party. Front of the castle Wishes is the best Wishes.
-Still jealous of riding Pirates
-the swirl is GONE at MK, but you can get it at the Poly
-your pictures of the parade came out very well, particularly the one of Tink's float. The flowers look so pretty!

I got so behind, but now I'm caught up!

Let's see if I can remember everything I wanted to comment on...I should have pulled quotes. Oops.

-I love the selfies of you two, as always. You both look so happy in all of them and it makes me happy!
-when the soft pink light is on the castle, it's the BEST.
-That has to be the most glam Tink I've ever seen. She should be Miss America or something.
-That final picture of Wishes is GORGEOUS. I did miss the straight on view at our dessert party. Front of the castle Wishes is the best Wishes.
-Still jealous of riding Pirates
-the swirl is GONE at MK, but you can get it at the Poly
-your pictures of the parade came out very well, particularly the one of Tink's float. The flowers look so pretty!

Thank you so much! We certainly were very happy and I guess that shows in our pictures! :)

I agree, front of the castle wishes certainly is the best! But it is nice when you can experience it from other aspects!

UGH how disappointing to hear the swirl is gone, but thanks for telling me about the Poly!

Day 2 - Princesses Galore & One Final Ride!

It was around 11:35 when the parade finished. We checked the waittime for Big Thunder Mountain but it was still 30 or 40 minutes. The waittime for Cinderella/Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall was only 10 minutes so we headed over there. We ended up walking right in and meeting them!

I just realized that the solo shots of Liz and I with Rapunzel didn't end up in our PP..how strange. Good thing we used our cell phones as well!

When we got out, the wait for Anna/Elsa was posted at 30 minutes but it looked way less than that so we decided to go for it. The wait time ended up being 10 minutes, if that! It was our lucky day!

Anna was SO awesome, very hyper and talkative. She walked right up to us and gave us hugs and then started talking about chocolate and how they have chocolate eating contests and Olaf usually wins.

We then went to say goodbye and somehow ended up in this awesome group hug!

By far one of my favorite PP pictures!!

We then met Elsa and we told her how Anna invited us to the chocolate party :)

So it was 11:57 when we got out. The park was closing at 12. So I asked Liz how she would feel just walking by SDMT and seeing the line there. It was posted at 30 minutes. We really wanted to go again so we said hey, why not! We got in line, and not many people were allowed on after us which was cool! We ended up only waiting about 15-20 minutes! And it was fun to check out the interactive portions of the standby line.

The park was officially closed when we got off. We headed towards the exit and grabbed a final PP pic of the night!

I think we got lucky and got right on a bus! We were back in our room by around 1:30am. We both took showers, got our bags ready for the next day and fell asleep probably around 2:30. We had a FANTASTIC first day with another long day ahead of us!

Up next..Epcot!

We were back in our room by around 1:30am. We both took showers, got our bags ready for the next day and fell asleep probably around 2:30. We had a FANTASTIC first day with another long day ahead of us!
Amazing!! You two are such rock-star park commandos!!! Love it!

first, wanted to mention that I understand that since moving the Dole Whips to their new location it is true that you cannot get swirl (not clear if that is permanent or if that will change once then get more settled) BUT I believe you can get swirl at the new location at the Polynesian

Sounds like an amazing evening! Love when it is later and the lines get shorter. Anna is definitely one of the best meets (at least typically) - love how in character she is and just makes you feel welcome. Also, I think makes the contrast to Elsa and her "formalness" stand out even more. Not that it is bad as it better illustrates the differences in the characters

Still need to get on 7DMT at night at some point. Always love getting on a ride after the park closes (remember doing that once for Space Mountain) as it almost feels like you got to do something bending the rules or something even though obviously it is totally allowed

Oh what a fun night! You guys packed so much into less than 30 minutes!

Love the pictures with Cinderella and Rapunzel! And I agree that Anna is so sweet. She seems like she makes every meet fun!

That's so cool that you were one of the last ones on 7DMT! Did you get to see the Kiss Goodnight? I'd love to see that at least once!

Wow great pictures! I'm exhausted just reading about all he stuff you gals do! Love that when the wait time is a lot shorter than posted! I agree our Anna character interaction last summer was the best for our entire trip! Can't wait to see your epcot adventure

Amazing!! You two are such rock-star park commandos!!! Love it!

Apparently you can also now get it at The Beach Club (SAB pool).

Thank you!! We sure wanted to get the most out of this trip!

Ohh thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

first, wanted to mention that I understand that since moving the Dole Whips to their new location it is true that you cannot get swirl (not clear if that is permanent or if that will change once then get more settled) BUT I believe you can get swirl at the new location at the Polynesian

Sounds like an amazing evening! Love when it is later and the lines get shorter. Anna is definitely one of the best meets (at least typically) - love how in character she is and just makes you feel welcome. Also, I think makes the contrast to Elsa and her "formalness" stand out even more. Not that it is bad as it better illustrates the differences in the characters

Still need to get on 7DMT at night at some point. Always love getting on a ride after the park closes (remember doing that once for Space Mountain) as it almost feels like you got to do something bending the rules or something even though obviously it is totally allowed

Thanks! I hope they do eventually bring them back to MK!

It was a great evening! It definitely felt like we were being sneaky getting in that last ride! 7DMT at night is so great and I really recommend doing it at some point.

Oh what a fun night! You guys packed so much into less than 30 minutes!

Love the pictures with Cinderella and Rapunzel! And I agree that Anna is so sweet. She seems like she makes every meet fun!

That's so cool that you were one of the last ones on 7DMT! Did you get to see the Kiss Goodnight? I'd love to see that at least once!

We really did SO much with the little time we had left! We actually didn't see the Kiss Goodnight :( Another time hopefully!

Wow great pictures! I'm exhausted just reading about all he stuff you gals do! Love that when the wait time is a lot shorter than posted! I agree our Anna character interaction last summer was the best for our entire trip! Can't wait to see your epcot adventure

Thanks! We did cram in a lot! My interaction with Anna the first time I met her wasn't anything special, so this one definitely made up for it. She was great!

Ok, your princess meets make me regret missing out on those 4 girls on my solo evening even more than I already did!

Anna has become one of my favorite princesses, and I love hearing positive interaction stories!!

You guys had such a great day! I love it!!

Ok, your princess meets make me regret missing out on those 4 girls on my solo evening even more than I already did!

Anna has become one of my favorite princesses, and I love hearing positive interaction stories!!

You guys had such a great day! I love it!!

Aww I'm sorry!! Hopefully another trip you will get to it!

Anna was a lot of fun and I definitely formed a new love for her!

Thank you! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Day 3, May 2nd - Epcot

Despite the long night before, we were up around 6:30 to head to Epcot!

We were on the bus by around 8:10, and at the gates a little after 8:30!

We were let in right around 9 and headed straight to Test Track! I always forgett what a long trek it is to either Soarin or TT. By the time we got there, the posted wait was already 30 minutes! We got in line anyway and it did seem to take about that long to get on.

I'm not the biggest Test Track fan. My parents and I even skipped it our last trip! I don't know if it's because I hadn't been on in awhile, or didn't remember it all that well, but we had a really really fun ride!

We designed the craziest, girliest car we could :)

And our car ended up winning!! Don't judge a book by its cover right? ;)

Not our best ride photo AT ALL...

When we got off, we spotted the Buzz topiary!

Up next...our first character meets of the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter