The Sugies Do Disney - A May 2015 TR! *COMPLETED! 12/14*

The Tremaine meet sounds like so much fun!! We have never stopped to meet them, but they seem to be pretty funny so maybe we should add that to the list of characters to meet. :) I cracked up at the photo of Liz "by herself"!!

Your nails and shirts are awesome!

That's the first thing I do when we get to the room.

Thank you so much! And yes, always gotta say hello to Stacey!

The Tremaine meet sounds like so much fun!! We have never stopped to meet them, but they seem to be pretty funny so maybe we should add that to the list of characters to meet. :) I cracked up at the photo of Liz "by herself"!!

It was such a blast!! You definitely need to add them to the list, I'm sure they'd be a hoot with DS! :)

Day 2 - We slowly begin to explore other parts of the park!

Then it was time to use our FP for the Mine Train! We received major pixie dust here when we got up to load on the ride and they put us in the first row! We were so excited!

Yes we had our ears on in the beginning and then realized that wasn't too smart and took them off :rotfl:

We loved being in the front row, and now that I've done this ride a few times I have to say I really do enjoy it a lot and even though it's short, it's definitely one of my new favorites!

It was around 11:45am at this point. We had a pretty successful morning so far! We decided to grab some lunch, and there was only one destination in mind: Pinocchio's Village Haus! Now I have to explain, Liz LOVES this place. When she got back from her recent trip in October, she told me this was practically all she had when she was in the Magic Kingdom. Surprisingly I never ate here before! So we decided to split a Pepperoni flatbread and a macaroni and cheese. We went to grab a table and we were able to snag one with a view of It's A Small World!

The food, as Liz said it would be, was pretty delicious. I really loved the flatbread and you can't go wrong with Disney mac & cheese!

With our bellies satisfied, it was time to do another favorite among the both of us. Philharmagic! As always, it was great. THE SMELLS!! That's definitely my favorite part!

After that we FINALLY ventured out of Fantasyland and headed to use our FP for Splash Mountain. We got distracted along the way when we saw Chip & Dale out! The line wasn't too long so we decided to wait.

We then made it to our original destination! We had a great ride and didn't end up getting to wet which was good (being in the last row helped). It was just enough to cool us off :)

We then headed towards Main Street. We stopped and took some pics in the new hub area. It was really pretty and I wish we had more time to walk around and admire it!

And of course some more PP pics :)

We then continued on to Town Square to meet Marie! Dream Along With Mickey was going on, and our photographer was even able to get some of the fireworks in our shot- so cool!

After we met Marie, we saw Mary Poppins was out with barely anyone waiting so we went and met her too!

Up next...Festival of Fantasy!

I noticed right away that your ears were missing in the second picture. Glad you just took them off and didn't lose them!
Oh, Marie is another one that I need to add to my list of characters to meet. I got Mary a few times at Character Palooza in December. You got some awesome PP pictures and some great ones with the characters.

That's a cute ride photo from Space Mountain. Love the Baymax magic shots ... saw one where Baymax takes over the entire photo basically blocking everyone that I thought was kinda funny

I actually like the Buzz ride photo too as it looks like Liz is trying really hard and you are just going with the flow and happy as a lark - and then you beat her score anyway :thumbsup2

What a wonderful meet with the Tremaines! Looks like so much fun. For some reason I found "Dr. Sugie" really funny. "I'm not really a doctor, but I do play one when traveling to Disney World!" ;)

Glad you enjoyed Mine Train - I think you describe it great as it is a little short but very enjoyable. I think the location is the best part as all of Fantasyland and the Castle zip around you as you ride.

We ate for the first time at Pinnocio's Haus our last trip and thought it was pretty good. We had the caprese flat bread and enjoyed it. The tables are pretty close together though so managing a stroller with a sleeping kid was not the easiest - not really relevant for this TR, but more of a public service warning ;) That's cool that you got a spot by IASW though!

Looks like some fun PP and meet and greets .... that whole hub area is really going to make for some nice pictures when those last boxes are down and when that scrim on main street is down. Cool that you got some of the DAWM fireworks in that one shot though!

Yeah. Glad you didn't lose those Mickey ears! I love that ride. So much fun.
Looks like a lot more fun.
Your pictures are great! How cool that the photographer got those fireworks in your photo with Marie!

We always hit up Pinocchio's Village Haus several times each trip since I have one kid who loves pizza and one who loves mac n cheese! Its great when you can make them both happy at one restaurant. I also like sitting up there above Its a Small World.

Great seats on the Mine Train! I agree that it's a really fun ride - one of my favorites even if it's short!

Pinocchio's Village Haus is on my list for a future trip! I love that it overlooks Small World and you can see the boats!

I'm glad you didn't get too wet on Splash Mountain - that makes the rest of the day much more comfortable!

Great PP pictures again - love the magic shots with the balloons!

I noticed right away that your ears were missing in the second picture. Glad you just took them off and didn't lose them!
Oh, Marie is another one that I need to add to my list of characters to meet. I got Mary a few times at Character Palooza in December. You got some awesome PP pictures and some great ones with the characters.

Me too! I guess I forgot how speedy that ride can be.

Marie is a cute character to meet! Thanks, we were definitely make good use of our PP+!

That's a cute ride photo from Space Mountain. Love the Baymax magic shots ... saw one where Baymax takes over the entire photo basically blocking everyone that I thought was kinda funny

I actually like the Buzz ride photo too as it looks like Liz is trying really hard and you are just going with the flow and happy as a lark - and then you beat her score anyway :thumbsup2

What a wonderful meet with the Tremaines! Looks like so much fun. For some reason I found "Dr. Sugie" really funny. "I'm not really a doctor, but I do play one when traveling to Disney World!" ;)

Glad you enjoyed Mine Train - I think you describe it great as it is a little short but very enjoyable. I think the location is the best part as all of Fantasyland and the Castle zip around you as you ride.

We ate for the first time at Pinnocio's Haus our last trip and thought it was pretty good. We had the caprese flat bread and enjoyed it. The tables are pretty close together though so managing a stroller with a sleeping kid was not the easiest - not really relevant for this TR, but more of a public service warning ;) That's cool that you got a spot by IASW though!

Looks like some fun PP and meet and greets .... that whole hub area is really going to make for some nice pictures when those last boxes are down and when that scrim on main street is down. Cool that you got some of the DAWM fireworks in that one shot though!

Thanks! You may see that second Baymax magic shot pop up later in the report ;)

That's a great description of our Buzz photo- so true!

HAHA yes!! The Tremaines were excellent!!

You're right about Pinnochio's, it is a little tight in there!

I agree, once completed the hub is going to look pretty great!

Yeah. Glad you didn't lose those Mickey ears! I love that ride. So much fun.
Looks like a lot more fun.
Your pictures are great! How cool that the photographer got those fireworks in your photo with Marie!

Thanks! We were having a great morning/afternoon with lots of fun pics to go along with it :)

We always hit up Pinocchio's Village Haus several times each trip since I have one kid who loves pizza and one who loves mac n cheese! Its great when you can make them both happy at one restaurant. I also like sitting up there above Its a Small World.

This is so true, the food is very kid friendly!

Great seats on the Mine Train! I agree that it's a really fun ride - one of my favorites even if it's short!

Pinocchio's Village Haus is on my list for a future trip! I love that it overlooks Small World and you can see the boats!

I'm glad you didn't get too wet on Splash Mountain - that makes the rest of the day much more comfortable!

Great PP pictures again - love the magic shots with the balloons!

We were so lucky to get to ride front row, definitely a really cool experience.

The food at Pinocchio's is simple but was so tasty! And overlooking IASW was a nice perk!

I agree about Splash! I know it's a water ride but I'd prefer to just get moderately wet instead of soaked :rotfl2:

I love the 7DMT pics!! Looks like the first row is a lot of fun. Can't wait to finally try this ride on our next trip!

Pretty cool that the Photopass photographer caught the fireworks from Dream Along with Mickey. What a great photo op!

I love the 7DMT pics!! Looks like the first row is a lot of fun. Can't wait to finally try this ride on our next trip!

Pretty cool that the Photopass photographer caught the fireworks from Dream Along with Mickey. What a great photo op!

The first row was cool! I can't wait for you guys to try it either!

We really caught the Marie meet at the perfect time! :)

Day 2 - Away We Go, It's a Festival of Fantasy!

It was around 2:45, so we decided to find a spot for Festival of Fantasy. All the curb spots on Main Street were taken, so we walked further up and got one close to castle!

We ate some Mickey bars while we waited and the parade arrived right around 3:15!

It was amazing, as always! This was Liz's first time seeing it and I think she really enjoyed it. The only bummer was we didn't see the dragon breathe fire! Not a lot of text for this update so just enjoy this FOF picture spam!

I enjoyed watching from this spot, it was nice to get the castle in the background for some shots!

Up next...We meet a princess and a pan!

I so desperately want to see FOF in August, but DH is just not that big a Disney fan, and absolutely melts in the heat, so alas, unless we stake out some shade, I do not think it will come to be. So glad for your photos!!!

I so desperately want to see FOF in August, but DH is just not that big a Disney fan, and absolutely melts in the heat, so alas, unless we stake out some shade, I do not think it will come to be. So glad for your photos!!!

You may be able to find shady spots! Sometimes one side of Main St is shady while the other isn't. Or possibly spots near Frontierland under the trees. I hope you are able to squeeze it in :)

Looks like a pretty decent spot to watch the parade - especially with the Castle in the background of your pictures (would be even better if that skrim and walls weren't there)

I love how every time I see pictures of this parade I notice new details ... I never had noticed the level of details on the top of the Rapunzel float.

Looks like a pretty decent spot to watch the parade - especially with the Castle in the background of your pictures (would be even better if that skrim and walls weren't there)

I love how every time I see pictures of this parade I notice new details ... I never had noticed the level of details on the top of the Rapunzel float.

It was a nice spot, especially considering we didn't have to show up too early to grab it! FoF is so elaborate, I agree that there are so many little details that can be overlooked the first (or even second or third) time seeing it!

Looks like a fun place to watch the parade. Love that parade!

It was a great spot! I love it too :)

Festival of Fantasy and a Mickey bar sounds like the perfect way to spend an MK afternoon! It looks like you had a great spot!

19700714606_76a755b2d6.jpg

Love this shot of Merida with the castle in the background!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter