The Sugies Do Disney - A May 2015 TR! *COMPLETED! 12/14*

missangelalexis

DIS Veteran
Hello and welcome to my 3rd Trip Report! If you've read any of my other TRs then welcome back, glad you're still here! If not, then I'm happy to have you along and hope you enjoy!

This trip was a BLAST and we did so much in the few days we were there!

Who are we? Well I'm Alexis, your narrator and Disney planner!

I'm 27 years old and work full time doing finance/HR/customer service at a web-based recruiting company.

And my Disney companion this trip was my cousin, Liz!

She's 28 years old and a 2nd grade teacher.

Liz and I are very close and love a lot of the same things, including Disney! The only time we've ever been together was a day trip to Disneyland back in 2012. It was about time we finally got to experience Disney World together!

Our dates were April 30th-May 4th and we stayed at All Star Music!

I should also explain what a Sugie is! It's pronounced "SHU-GIE" (like sugar) and it's just a term of endearment we call each other :) If you've ever seen the show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" you may also recognize it as the word Alanna uses to call her dad haha So we decided to label this trip as "The Sugies Do Disney"!

So thanks for joining in and I hope you enjoy this recap of THE SUGIES DO DISNEY!

Last edited:
:wave2: Hi!! I just read your Nov TR (super late to the party as usual!) and loved it and then BAMB! You started this one so I thought I would jump in and say hi and that I'm following!!

April 30th
Arrival Day! (Posted 6/22/15)

May 1
Our First Moments in Magic Kingdom! (Posted 6/26/15)
Cinderella's Royal Table (Posted 7/1/15)
Cinderella's Royal Table Continued (Posted 7/1/15)
From Fantasyland to Tomorrowland to Fantasyland! (Posted 7/8/15)
We Slowly Explore Other Parts of the Park! (Posted 7/13/15)
Away We Go, It's a Festival of Fantasy (Posted 7/20/15)
A Princess, a Pan, and lots of Photopass! (Posted 7/24/15)
A Dinner Here is Never Second Best! (Posted 7/28/15)
Tomorrowland, Tink and a Talking Mouse! (Posted 8/3/15)
Wishes (Posted 8/7/15)
Main Street Electrical Parade (Posted 8/11/15)
Princesses Galore & One Final Ride (Posted 8/17/15)

May 2
Epcot (Posted 8/20/15)
The Fab 3 (Posted 8/25/15)
Butterfly House (Posted 8/31/15)
The Seas (Posted 9/8/15)
The Best Ride Photo Ever (Posted 9/11/15)
Lots of Topiaries! (Posted 9/15/15)
More Topiaries, More Characters! (Posted 9/23/15)
More Topiaries, More Characters! Part 2 (Posted 9/23/15)
Goodbye Epcot! (Posted 9/29/15)
Back to the Kingdom! (Posted 10/5/15)
Fantasyland Fun (Posted 10/8/15)
Wishes & More! (Posted 10/14/15)
EMH & Saying Goodbye to MK (Posted 10/19/15)

May 3
Hollywood Studios (Posted 10/27/15)
More HS Fun (Posted 10/30/15)
ToT and Back to the Animation Building (Posted 11/3/15)
Characterpalooza & More! (Posted 11/9/15)
Fantasmic (Posted 11/12/15)

May 4
Animal Kingdom (Posted 11/18/15)
Kilimanjaro Safaris (Posted 11/23/15)
More Trails, More Characters! (Posted 12/1/15)
Lots of character meets (Posted 12/7/15)
One last snack and saying goodbye to Disney (Posted 12/14/15)

Last edited:

:wave2: Hi!! I just read your Nov TR (super late to the party as usual!) and loved it and then BAMB! You started this one so I thought I would jump in and say hi and that I'm following!!

I'm so glad you enjoyed my last TR and that you're here for this one! :goodvibes

Here! Can't wait to read all about your latest adventure!

So glad you're here, Ariana! :)

In can not wait to see how much you cram into this report!!!!

Glad you're reading along! :)

I'm here! Love your shirts!

Glad you're here! And thank you :)

Here! Excited to hear all about your trip!

Yay glad you're here!

Following Along!.... Excited to see that you're headed to Disneyland, too!

All these trips might require a scrapbook weekend!

I'm signed up for a Disney Themed Scrapbook Weekend at the Cozy Crop House July 10,11 and 12. It's near Lancaster, PA..... interested?
http://www.cozycrophouse.com/

http://www.cozycrophouse.com/calendar.php?action=display_month&year=2015&month=7

Glad you're here! Oh wow that sounds so fun!! Unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to attend :/

Another report...count me in!

Thanks for joining in!

I'm here, I'm here!!

Yay so glad you're here, Kristy! :)

Just letting you know that I'm following along!

And I was at the ASMu from May 4-7. Maybe we bumped into eachother ;)

Day 1, April 30th - Arrival Day

The day was finally here, we were going to Disney! Our flight wasn't until 5:50pm, but I took the day off because there wasn't a point in taking a half day and I didn't want to stress myself out! Liz still went to work as she'd be out at 3 and we would leave once she got home.

We got our nails done a few days prior and I have to say, they came out AMAZING! We brought in pictures of what we wanted and the lady did a spot-on job! Mine are The Little Mermaid nails, Liz's are the Sleeping Beauty nails- our respective favorite princesses :)

I'm glad I ended up taking the day off. The day prior I started to get a sore throat and it wasn't any better today. I was grateful to have the day to just relax and take my time getting ready. Unfortunately the sore throat lasted for the next 2 days as well, despite me taking medicine like crazy. But nothing like Disney to distract you from the pain, and luckily it did go away for the end of the trip! (If you guys remember I got sick at the end of my last trip, guess I haven't been too lucky lately)

My parents were kind enough to take us to the airport, so we picked Liz up around 3:30 and headed to the airport! Our first of MANY selfies of the trip, so be prepared!

We got there with no issues and this was the smoothest airport run I've probably ever had! There was NO line to check-in. None at all! We checked our bags and got our boarding passes and headed to security where it was practically empty as well!

We got to our gate where we got some snacks and just sat around and chit-chatted. Every few minutes we reminded ourselves HEY WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!

We boarded the plane and our flight was pretty packed. Too excited to sleep, we spent most of the time watching tv (yay free tv on JetBlue!) and eating snacks. We even ended up landing a few minutes early!

We went to baggage to get our bags and then headed to catch the Magical Express! We got right on a bus and got seats towards the back.

The bus ride seemed to take forever since we just wanted to get to our hotel! We made stops at Coronado Springs and All Star Sports before finally arriving at All Star Movies!

We got off the bus, walk into the lobby, and Liz turns to me and says "OMG I left my carry-on on the bus!". OH NO! We run to the front desk to tell them what happened, in hopes they could call All Star Movies (The next resort the bus was going to) and get them to stop the bus and grab the bag so we could retrieve it. Unfortunately, the lady that assisted us was not helpful :( She had no urgency and basically just made Liz fill out a lost bag claim. Liz remembered literally seconds after we got off, and we were sure if she just called the front desk at Movies that they could catch the bys in time. But Liz went ahead and filled out the claim while I went and checked us in. This was not a good start to our trip! I will say Liz DID end up getting her bag back but not until the last night of our trip. It was a miracle she got it back as she had to make A LOT of phone calls to A LOT of different places. Everyone she called directed her somewhere else. And despite having a claim number, many reps didn't know what she was talking about. On our second to last morning she finally reached someone helpful who said YES WE DO HAVE YOUR BAG! They sent it back to our resort and it was waiting in our room when we got back from the park that night. So luckily it all worked out but it was very stressful for Liz not knowing where her bag was the whole trip. Thank goodness she didn't have anything she REALLY needed for the trip, but her polaroid camera was in there, as well as her minnie ears and a few other items. *long story over* haha

We were in the Country Fair building which is all the way in the back. Luckily the All Star resorts are fairly small, so the walk really wasn't all that bad. And they fulfilled my request for a ground floor room :)

We had no problem getting in the room. So we dropped our stuff off and headed back to the main building to get some food! The food court was pretty packed! It was around 11pm and I think it was a mix of people coming back from the parks and the cheerleaders that were there for some cheerleading competition that weekend. We would be seeing A LOT of these cheerleaders throughout the next 4 days. We decided to split an order of chicken nuggets, which hit the spot because we were pretty hungry! Once we were done, we headed to the gift shop. Liz wanted to get a pair of minnie ears since hers were MIA and she needed them for the next day! I also bought a bunch of pins. We laughed that we weren't even on property an hour and we were already buying things!

We got back to the room to unwind and got ourselves ready for the next day. I loved this photo that was in our room.

I of course had to say a quick hello to Stacey!

It was close to 1:30 when we got to bed. Sleep would be scarce this trip, but all worth it for the fun we were going to have!

Up next...we really get this TR started!!

I LOVE your Disney nails! I rarely get mine done because I have a bad habit of picking at the polish and ruining them but I love seeing what other people do.

Sorry you started off your trip feeling a little sick.

Excellent luck at the airport with bag check and security.

That really sucks that it took so long to get her bag back. I wonder if it was because it was an outside company and not actually Disney that runs the ME.

I hope you took some pictures of the Broadway section. The one time I stayed at ASMu, I was in the Jazz section and never made it further back to check out the other sections.

Omg, I love your nails!! She did a really good job on them :)

Lol, the irony continues! I was also in country fair. And my gosh... Our room was literally in the woods. Sure was relaxing though, right?

Sigh.... The cheerleaders! Hopefully they weren't too crazy for ya. One time, they literally climbed out of a boat at it's a small world. Long story.

Sorry to hear about your bag and your cold :( Excited to hear what's next!

18622987616_183a144b2a.jpg

OMG these look so cool! :earseek:

Everyone she called directed her somewhere else. And despite having a claim number, many reps didn't know what she was talking about. On our second to last morning she finally reached someone helpful who said YES WE DO HAVE YOUR BAG! They sent it back to our resort and it was waiting in our room when we got back from the park that night.

Urg! That sounds so stressful! You would think it would be pretty easy for them to find and return a bag from DME! There can't be that many places the bag could be going! And the must have a route log for that bus....at least she got it back (just) before your trip ended!

I of course had to say a quick hello to Stacey!

:wave2: Hi Stacey!

Apart for the bag issue and your sore throat, being sick at Disney is the worst :sick:, it sounds like you had a good arrival day! :thumbsup2 Can't wait for more! popcorn::

wow your nails came out great!

Glad to hear the trip was smooth - well, until the whole bag issue. That is definitely annoying that you Liz had to go the whole formal "loss bag" route and that it took so long and so much effort to get the bag back. I mean, she can't be the first person who forgot a bag on ME! I wonder if part of the issue is that Disney outsources the ME transportation rather than own it directly so really dealing with a separate company rather than all Disney :confused3

There is no time for sleep at Disney! Besides, plenty of time to sleep when you are back at work ;)

Amazing nails indeed!!! But so unfortunate about the bag, really it seemed so easy to amend the problem and yet it got completely blown into a drama! it seriously bothers me when I see such silly acts of incompetence (the unhelpful CMs, not yours).

I am following along, your nails came out great, a little dis bound look going on, cool! I read your November trip report! I was there in November a week after you were there so fun to read your report. Sorry about your cousin's bag, how simple it would have been if they would have just dropped it off at the next stop, glad she got it back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter