The Sugies Do Disney - A May 2015 TR! *COMPLETED! 12/14*

Following along! I'm three weeks away from our trip and I need my Disney fix!!

that is so irritating about her bag!! I'm glad she got it back eventually.
Add me to the group that loves your nails!!! Super cute.
Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Those nails are INSANELY good!! Love them!!

I'm glad you had smooth travels, but UGH that bag situation is just terrible. It seems like that could have been handled a LOT better! All I can think about is the stuff you put in a carry-on that is important because you don't want the airline to lose it, most especially medication! To have Disney be so slow in getting it back when you knew EXACTLY where is was left is really ridiculous.

The nails are perfect! Liz handled being without her carry-on better than I could have. So glad it turned up eventually!

I LOVE your Disney nails! I rarely get mine done because I have a bad habit of picking at the polish and ruining them but I love seeing what other people do.

Sorry you started off your trip feeling a little sick.

Excellent luck at the airport with bag check and security.

That really sucks that it took so long to get her bag back. I wonder if it was because it was an outside company and not actually Disney that runs the ME.

I hope you took some pictures of the Broadway section. The one time I stayed at ASMu, I was in the Jazz section and never made it further back to check out the other sections.

Thank you! I actually tried out gel polish when doing this and was really impressed, it's so heavy duty that it doesn't chip and very hard to pick at!

I definitely think it had a lot to do with ME being run by Mears as opposed to Disney. You would still think they'd know how to handle it better though!

We unfortunately didn't do any resort exploring so my photos there are seriously lacking :(

Omg, I love your nails!! She did a really good job on them :)

Lol, the irony continues! I was also in country fair. And my gosh... Our room was literally in the woods. Sure was relaxing though, right?

Sigh.... The cheerleaders! Hopefully they weren't too crazy for ya. One time, they literally climbed out of a boat at it's a small world. Long story.

Sorry to hear about your bag and your cold :( Excited to hear what's next!

Thanks so much!

Wow how funny! It was nice to be in such a quiet area!

Yikes, that doesn't sound fun. We fortunately didn't encounter anything crazy!

OMG these look so cool! :earseek:

Urg! That sounds so stressful! You would think it would be pretty easy for them to find and return a bag from DME! There can't be that many places the bag could be going! And the must have a route log for that bus....at least she got it back (just) before your trip ended!

:wave2: Hi Stacey!

Apart for the bag issue and your sore throat, being sick at Disney is the worst :sick:, it sounds like you had a good arrival day! :thumbsup2 Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Thank you!

It was a little baffling how HARD it was to get the bag back..as if we were the first people to ever leave one behind! But it all worked out in the end and that's all that matters!

Yes besides those 2 things we couldn't have asked for a smoother travel day!

wow your nails came out great!

Glad to hear the trip was smooth - well, until the whole bag issue. That is definitely annoying that you Liz had to go the whole formal "loss bag" route and that it took so long and so much effort to get the bag back. I mean, she can't be the first person who forgot a bag on ME! I wonder if part of the issue is that Disney outsources the ME transportation rather than own it directly so really dealing with a separate company rather than all Disney :confused3

There is no time for sleep at Disney! Besides, plenty of time to sleep when you are back at work ;)

Thank you!

It really seemed like we were the first people to ever forget a bag, it was all just so uncoordinated. I 100% think it has to do with it being outsourced and not directly through Disney. Lesson learned there!

EXACTLY! :rotfl:

Amazing nails indeed!!! But so unfortunate about the bag, really it seemed so easy to amend the problem and yet it got completely blown into a drama! it seriously bothers me when I see such silly acts of incompetence (the unhelpful CMs, not yours).

Thank you! Yeah, we definitely didn't get the most helpful CM and that definitely started the domino effect of headache after headache with the situation. But thankfully it all worked out!

I am following along, your nails came out great, a little dis bound look going on, cool! I read your November trip report! I was there in November a week after you were there so fun to read your report. Sorry about your cousin's bag, how simple it would have been if they would have just dropped it off at the next stop, glad she got it back.

Hi! Thanks for joining in! And I'm so glad you enjoyed my Nov. report! November is such a nice time to go right?!

Following along! I'm three weeks away from our trip and I need my Disney fix!!

that is so irritating about her bag!! I'm glad she got it back eventually.
Add me to the group that loves your nails!!! Super cute.
Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Hi, thanks for joining in! How exciting to have a trip so soon!

The bag situation was super irritating! But I'm just glad it was resolved.

Those nails are INSANELY good!! Love them!!

I'm glad you had smooth travels, but UGH that bag situation is just terrible. It seems like that could have been handled a LOT better! All I can think about is the stuff you put in a carry-on that is important because you don't want the airline to lose it, most especially medication! To have Disney be so slow in getting it back when you knew EXACTLY where is was left is really ridiculous.

Thank you!! :)

It was like NO ONE knew what to do in that situation! Thank goodness she didn't have anything essential in there, or it would've been so much worse!

The nails are perfect! Liz handled being without her carry-on better than I could have. So glad it turned up eventually!

Thank you! She definitely was able to make the best of it, and luckily it all worked out by the end!

Okay, I totally have to say a HUGE hooray and congrats on your upcoming DL trip! So stinkin exciting!!! I love DL so much and can't imagine how amazing it is for the Diamond Anniversary in person! I really hope you insert a little TR in here or at least pictures!

Alright, that is out of the way ;) I'm glad to be reading about the beginning of this trip! The nails are perfect, so adorable!

So sorry about her bag, that would be very stressful. I am glad she ended up getting her bag back eventually, too bad it was at the end of the trip though.

Looking forward to hearing more about your first day in the parks!

Love the nails!

I can't believe getting the bag off the bus was such an ordeal! You would think they could've called the baggage people at the next resort and handled it like that.

Cousin trip sounds like fun. My cousin loves Disney too so now I think I should plan a trip for the two of us!

Those nails are amazing!

I'm sorry about the whole ordeal with Liz's bag. Things should not be that complicated!

It sounds like it was such a fun trip - excited to read more!

Yay! Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

Okay, I totally have to say a HUGE hooray and congrats on your upcoming DL trip! So stinkin exciting!!! I love DL so much and can't imagine how amazing it is for the Diamond Anniversary in person! I really hope you insert a little TR in here or at least pictures!

Alright, that is out of the way ;) I'm glad to be reading about the beginning of this trip! The nails are perfect, so adorable!

So sorry about her bag, that would be very stressful. I am glad she ended up getting her bag back eventually, too bad it was at the end of the trip though.

Looking forward to hearing more about your first day in the parks!

Thank you! I'm really excited to visit DL and especially to see the Diamond Celebration! I will definitely do a TR :)

Thank you, I'm glad you're here! Yes the bag situation was so annoying, but all that matters is it worked out in the end!

Love the nails!

I can't believe getting the bag off the bus was such an ordeal! You would think they could've called the baggage people at the next resort and handled it like that.

Cousin trip sounds like fun. My cousin loves Disney too so now I think I should plan a trip for the two of us!

Thanks!! This cousin trip was so fun, I definitely recommend it! ;)

Those nails are amazing!

I'm sorry about the whole ordeal with Liz's bag. Things should not be that complicated!

It sounds like it was such a fun trip - excited to read more!

Thank you!

Right!? It seemed like a situation that could've been a little easier to resolve!

Yay! Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

Hi there! Thanks for joining in :wave:

Day 2, May 1st- Our First Moments in Magic Kingdom!

Despite getting to bed late, we were up bright and early for our first day in the parks! We were up extra early today because we had a special breakfast reservation to attend! We wore these matching shirts that we made prior to the trip :)

We got to the bus stop around 7:15, and only one other family was waiting for a bus to Magic Kingdom. They were sweet and offered to take a photo of us, and we of course exchanged the favor :)

All the bus stops were pretty empty at this time, but of course buses for every other park but ours was showing up! I think around 7:30 a bus arrived and eventually we were seeing this:

We were inside the park by around 8am. It's always such a good feeling turning that corner for the first time of the trip and seeing the castle!

The last 2 times I've been to Disney it's been during a holiday season. So it was fun to see the Minnie bench out in Town Square in front of the castle!

We slowly made the walk down Main Street, enjoying everything around us. And of course stopped for some photopass pics!

As we got closer to the castle, selfies were a must. It was a little dissapointing to see the Partners statue all boarded up :(

We were just a tad excited!

Then it was through the castle to check in for breakfast!

Up next...a very special breakfast!

Love the matching shirts and Minnie ears!

There is nothing like that first site of the castle, is there?

So CRT? Or were you headed to BOG for their new breakfast? I can't wait to find out!

We wore these matching shirts that we made prior to the trip :)

You guys look so cute in your matching shirts and ears! So adorbz! :goodvibes

We were inside the park by around 8am. It's always such a good feeling turning that corner for the first time of the trip and seeing the castle!

:worship: Empty Main Street USA :worship:

We were just a tad excited!

Just a tiny bit.... :rotfl:

Looking forward to hearing about your breakfast :thumbsup2

I love the shirts!

Pre-park opening MK is just so special! You guys got some really cute shots. I love the one with Minnie on the bench!

It looks like a fun princess morning is ahead!

Love the matching shirts and Minnie ears!

There is nothing like that first site of the castle, is there?

So CRT? Or were you headed to BOG for their new breakfast? I can't wait to find out!

Thank you! Seeing the castle for the first time on a trip is so special, will never get old!

I won't leave you hanging for too long ;)

You guys look so cute in your matching shirts and ears! So adorbz! :goodvibes

:worship: Empty Main Street USA :worship:

Just a tiny bit.... :rotfl:

Looking forward to hearing about your breakfast :thumbsup2

Thank you!

I LOVE empty Main Street! I think having a pre-park opening ADR is becoming a must-do on all future trips!

I love the shirts!

Pre-park opening MK is just so special! You guys got some really cute shots. I love the one with Minnie on the bench!

It looks like a fun princess morning is ahead!

Thanks! I was glad we had some time to soak in Main Street and get some pics before heading off to breakfast :)

Your nails look awesome!
THat stinks about her bag. So unfortunate that she couldn't get it right away - but glad there was nothing essential in there and she got it back later. I always carry my most important stuff in my carry on so that would have been horrible for me.
Love all the selfies. You guys look adorable.
Can't wait to hear about the breakfast!

Your nails look awesome!
THat stinks about her bag. So unfortunate that she couldn't get it right away - but glad there was nothing essential in there and she got it back later. I always carry my most important stuff in my carry on so that would have been horrible for me.
Love all the selfies. You guys look adorable.
Can't wait to hear about the breakfast!

Thank you!

Yeah it definitely could've been worse, I'm just glad it all worked out!

Love the shirts - and you excitement!

Nice that the Roy/Minnie was out - though too bad about the partners statue being boxed up. I always love how those two statues relate to each other as if you follow where Walt is pointing it is to where Roy is sitting with Minnie and the "theory/rumor" is that it is a sign of Walt was passing the leadership to Roy and saying it was up to Roy to finish the vision.

There's not too much better than those early MK mornings. :love: Seeing Walt and Mickey in a box is so depressing. I bet that really stinks for people who are on their first or their once in a lifetime trip. But from what I have read, it seems like the work they did on the hub area was totally worth it. I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

Love the shirts - and you excitement!

Nice that the Roy/Minnie was out - though too bad about the partners statue being boxed up. I always love how those two statues relate to each other as if you follow where Walt is pointing it is to where Roy is sitting with Minnie and the "theory/rumor" is that it is a sign of Walt was passing the leadership to Roy and saying it was up to Roy to finish the vision.

Thanks! :)

I really love that theory! And even though it was a bummer that the partners statue was boxed up, I'm glad to at least have seen Roy and Minnie!
There's not too much better than those early MK mornings. :love: Seeing Walt and Mickey in a box is so depressing. I bet that really stinks for people who are on their first or their once in a lifetime trip. But from what I have read, it seems like the work they did on the hub area was totally worth it. I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

I totally agree! :goodvibes And you're right, if it's your first or only trip you're really missing out on a special piece of MK! The hub does look really nice though. It'll be nice when ALL of the construction is over with!

Day 2, May 1st - Cinderella's Royal Table

We checked in for our breakfast right at 8:15. Oh did I mention we were eating at Cinderella's Royal Table?! We were so excited and this was the perfect way to start our girls trip! We were brought in right away and only had to wait for a few groups before we met our host herself, Cinderella!

Liz and I decided to do something fun and get every character we met's autograph on a photo frame mat. I'll be sure to post a photo of it at the end of the report!

We walked up the stairs and were brought to our table. Everyone here was SO friendly and complimented us on our nails and matching shirts! We were given our menus and wishing stars and our waitress came and took our drink order. When she came back, she also brought us wands! I'm pretty sure we were the happiest adults in that place!

We placed our orders- Stuffed French Toast for me, Traditional breakfast for Liz. The pastries and our beverages came out really quickly.

Continued on the next page!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter