The Sugies Do Disney - A May 2015 TR! *COMPLETED! 12/14*

Awesome magic shots!

I love that you both have your arms completely straight up on TOT, totally committed, whereas the others who have their hands up are just half way committed.

Cute Tigger!

I like the Incredibles pictures, now you must see the movie!

Thank you!

Haha committed, that's a great way to put it! :thumbsup2

I definitely plan on seeing The Incredibles soon!

It sounds like a fun time in the queue of TOT!

Shocked! :eek: But seriously, I'm pretty sure your TRs have more PP pictures than any other that I've seen. At least you really get your money out of Memory Maker!!

Cute pictures with The Incredibles! We love that movie, too. But I think their meet and greet is gone now?

It was a great TOT experience all around!

We really made use of MM and definitely got our money's worth for the short amount of time we were there.

Their meet is gone now :( Such a bummer!

Day 4 - Characterpalooza & More!

It was after 5:30 at this point, and Characterpalooza was scheduled at 6:10. We though about doing the Great Movie Ride, but the wait time and length of the attraction would've ended up cutting it too close, so we decided to just take our time walking back to the ToT exit and waiting there. I'm glad we did, there ended up already being a crowd, which only got bigger as 6:10 approached! Compared to my visit in November, a lot had changed since then!

The gates opened on time and there in front of us was Dopey, Tiana, Minnie, Stitch, Chip & Dale, Pocahontas, and the Evil Queen.

The first character we went straight to was Dopey! Liz was so excited that he was out and of course I was too! I was very surprised that I was lucky enough to get him in both my recent times at Characterpalooza!

We then headed to Tiana, who was super beautiful and chatty. I always love meeting her!

Many of the lines were super long at this point. We decided to meet Stitch since his line was pretty short.

At this point the line for Evil Queen and Pocahontas was already closed. I was a little sad we couldn't meet Evil Queen. It really was crazy how many people were in there!

We already met Minnie in her traditional dress at Epcot, but the line for Chip & Dale was open so we decided to go ahead and meet them! They ended up being really fun!

And with that our Characterpalooza experience was over! We still met some great characters in a short period of time, but just amazing how much it had changed!

From there it was time to head BACK to the Animation Building for, you guessed it, another drawing class. But first, a quick selfie in front of ToT!

We ended up in the 7pm drawing class and got to draw someone pretty cool (and new for us)- Grumpy!

After that we decided to grab some dinner. We ended up at the Sunset Ranch Market. It was pretty crowded and we both wanted different things, so it was a scenario of one of us getting food while the other manned the table. Liz went with chicken nuggets and I went with BBQ chicken. At this time we also met up with my friend and her husband that live in the area (I've mentioned meeting up with them in my past 2 TRs). It was nice to sit and catch up with them!

When we were done eating, we checked the wait times and saw that ToT was still pretty long :( TSMM didn't seem too bad, so we all walked over to see the situation and were shocked to see it at 35 minutes! We got in line and it did end up taking around that, which we were not complaining about at all! Liz ended up beating me AGAIN! I guess I'm just not that good at it!

When we got off the wait time was either still the same or rose a few minutes. We got in to try our luck again but quickly realized the wait was A LOT longer that that and not moving so we decided to bail. I guess we were lucky with that 35 minute wait earlier! All in all though, we got 4 rides on Toy Story, which is a pretty awesome accomplishment and one we were happy with!

At this time we said goodbye to our friends and headed back down Sunset Blvd. We had to stop for a nighttime shot in front of ToT.

I was hoping we could get in a ride on ToT before Fantasmic but the wait was still posted at 40 minutes. I was a little bummed about that and thought for sure it would've gone down a little that late in the night!

Up next...Fantasmic!

We missed out on Characterpalooza this past trip, but we have definitely noticed it getting busier & busier every year! I guess it's not such a secret anymore.

Wow, 35 minutes for TSM that late in the day?! Score!

Stumbled upon your TR today and got all caught up. Seems like the two of you had an amazing trip!

I've started reading TR in anticipation of my upcoming trip in about three weeks with one of my best friends. We love character meets, rides/attractions, fireworks and have a complete obsession with getting to MK as many times as possible.

Can't wait to read more of your adventures!

It's nice that one can get pictures in front of the Chinese Theater - but would be even better if that stage wasn't there ... not quite sure the point of getting rid of the hat just to put a stage up in it's place. Be nice if at least the top part/cover could be taken down when stage not in use.

Always love when the CMs at either ToT or Haunted Mansion are over the top in character - just love the creep, yet fun, factor you don't get very often in Disney

22545555205_24f3960209.jpg
Cute picture but definitely wouldn't quite your day jobs to become scarers ;)

Surprised you have never seen the Incredibles. Now that you have met some of them in person it would be rude to not check out their movie ;)

Glad you got to meet Dopey and Chip and Dale are always good for a meet. The best thing about the internet is doing research - the downside is so many other people can do that too and the net result is some things that were "secret" or underrated become fully known and crowded

Your drawing of Grumpy is great!

Wow, only 35 minutes for TSMM? (kinda sad though that that is such an amazing thing, still over 1/2 hour). All-in-all though can't complain about 4 rides on TSMM in 1 day ... now if you could only WIN one of those times ;)

Characterpalooza is such a treat! Dopey is a score. I would have been excited to meet Evil Queen, too.

We missed out on Characterpalooza this past trip, but we have definitely noticed it getting busier & busier every year! I guess it's not such a secret anymore.

Wow, 35 minutes for TSM that late in the day?! Score!

Definitely not a secret! I haven't really heard much about it lately so I wonder what the deal with it is now.

No complaints about the TSMM wait, that's pretty lucky!

Stumbled upon your TR today and got all caught up. Seems like the two of you had an amazing trip!

I've started reading TR in anticipation of my upcoming trip in about three weeks with one of my best friends. We love character meets, rides/attractions, fireworks and have a complete obsession with getting to MK as many times as possible.

Can't wait to read more of your adventures!

Thanks for joining in! :wave: We had the most amazing time! You and your friend sound JUST like me and my cousin! You are going to have such an amazing time! I hope you start a TR when you get back :)

It's nice that one can get pictures in front of the Chinese Theater - but would be even better if that stage wasn't there ... not quite sure the point of getting rid of the hat just to put a stage up in it's place. Be nice if at least the top part/cover could be taken down when stage not in use.

Always love when the CMs at either ToT or Haunted Mansion are over the top in character - just love the creep, yet fun, factor you don't get very often in Disney

Cute picture but definitely wouldn't quite your day jobs to become scarers ;)

Surprised you have never seen the Incredibles. Now that you have met some of them in person it would be rude to not check out their movie ;)

Glad you got to meet Dopey and Chip and Dale are always good for a meet. The best thing about the internet is doing research - the downside is so many other people can do that too and the net result is some things that were "secret" or underrated become fully known and crowded

Your drawing of Grumpy is great!

Wow, only 35 minutes for TSMM? (kinda sad though that that is such an amazing thing, still over 1/2 hour). All-in-all though can't complain about 4 rides on TSMM in 1 day ... now if you could only WIN one of those times ;)

I agree! The stage is such an eye sore!

Haha yeah I definitely don't think we fit the bill to be scarers...we're too nice!

I definitely plan on seeing the Incredibles soon, it's the right thing to do ;)

Characterpalooza was definitely one of those things that word of mouth made it grow VERY much in popularity. I guess it's to be expected.

No complaints about that TSMM wait..or the fact that we got to ride it 4 times! Sheesh I KNOW, I couldn't even get a pity win :rotfl2:

Characterpalooza is such a treat! Dopey is a score. I would have been excited to meet Evil Queen, too.

I agree- such a fun thing to experience!!

Fun Characterpalooza! I'm sorry it was so crowded. I wonder if the world had spread? It wasn't terrible last October but now I'm nervous for our upcoming trip!

It's great that you got to squeeze in one more ride on TSMM and another animation class!

Excited to read about Fantasmic!

I would LOVE to meet Dopey! He is my favorite of the Dwarves.

He was a great meet!

Fun Characterpalooza! I'm sorry it was so crowded. I wonder if the world had spread? It wasn't terrible last October but now I'm nervous for our upcoming trip!

It's great that you got to squeeze in one more ride on TSMM and another animation class!

Excited to read about Fantasmic!

It's good to know it wasn't terrible in October. Maybe the rumor that it was "ending" has turned people away.

We definitely did a lot of fun things at HS! :)

Day 4 - Fantasmic

It was around 10pm so we decided to head into the Fantasmic theater. We stopped for some snacks before grabbing our seats. The FP wasn't really necessary but nice to have the piece of mind. There was no special FP section so you were just sent in to grab whatever seats were available, which there were plenty. We had some time to kill, so selfie time it was! I also brought another set of glow sticks for this night and happy to say we had 2 working ones this time!

At 10:30 Fantasmic started and as always, it was awesome! So many feels during this show!

Once it was over, we were herded out the back way which brought us to the front of the park. We stopped in one of the gift shops to make some purchases before heading to the buses. I can't remember exactly what time we got back to our room but it must've been around midnight. We both took showers and I said a quick hello to Stacy before passing out!

Up next...Our last day :(

Love character palooza, we did see the evil queen and Gapetto our last one. Fantasmic is always so enjoyable, we are planning to do it in April since we missed it our last trip in September.

Love character palooza, we did see the evil queen and Gapetto our last one. Fantasmic is always so enjoyable, we are planning to do it in April since we missed it our last trip in September.

Gepetto must have been a cool character to meet! I love Fantasmic, I'm glad to here you're planning to see it in April! :)

We love, love, LOVE Fantasmic! And always make a point of seeing it on our first night whenever we go to WDW. You're right, so many feelings! They build you up, bring you down, and build you back up again! Classic :thumbsup2

Looks like a fun Characterpalooza, I wanted to try and hit one before we left, but it just didn't happen. I love that you got to meet Dopey and that C&D were a good interaction!

Amazing job on drawing Grumpy!!!

WOW, 4 rides on TSMM in one day is AWESOME!!!!

Fantastic Fantasmic! photos, you got some really great shots and hooray for 2 working glow sticks this time!

We love, love, LOVE Fantasmic! And always make a point of seeing it on our first night whenever we go to WDW. You're right, so many feelings! They build you up, bring you down, and build you back up again! Classic :thumbsup2

Exactly my thoughts! I like that you always see it on your first night, that's definitely a good way to get into Disney mode! :)

Looks like a fun Characterpalooza, I wanted to try and hit one before we left, but it just didn't happen. I love that you got to meet Dopey and that C&D were a good interaction!

Amazing job on drawing Grumpy!!!

WOW, 4 rides on TSMM in one day is AWESOME!!!!

Fantastic Fantasmic! photos, you got some really great shots and hooray for 2 working glow sticks this time!

I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to do Characterpalooza :(

Thanks! It was a great evening with the drawing class, TSMM, and ending it with Fantasmic! Haha I was very happy that both glow sticks worked this time! :rotfl2:

Day 5, May 4th - Animal Kingdom

The dreaded last day :( We were up early to pack last minute items and get our bags checked for our flight. We also didn't receive our magical express notice so had to stop at the concierge to get that as well!

We did take a few pics by our room, to prove we did indeed stay at All Star Music!!

We got to the park early, our first photos were time stamped at 8:25!

The gates opened and we headed straight to Expedition Everest, which was of course a walk-on! The line was so empty in fact that we waited for front row and got on the very next ride!

Not our best ride photo because I forgot where the camera was!

Since it was still a walk-on, which we went back and did it again! This time we CHOSE to make those stupid faces! How cute is the couple behind us??

2 rides were enough for now (It gave Liz a little bit of a headache), so we headed over to the Maharajah Jungle Trek!

By the time we were done, it was time to use our FP for the safari!

Up next...Kilimanjaro Safari and some diversions along the way ;)

OMG, loving that couple behind you guys on EE! I hope that will be me and DH someday .... always a kid a heart .... lol :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter