The Sugies Do Disney - A May 2015 TR! *COMPLETED! 12/14*

Day 3 - Fantasyland Fun

We then used our FP for Under the Sea- always a fun time! We then went to check out the waits at Storybook Circus. The line for the girls was pretty long, but the line for Goofy/Donald was only 10 minutes so we decided to do that! We had every intention of coming back to see the girls but it never did work out :-/

First up was Goofy!

Then it was time for Donald! Since we had such a fabulous experience meeting Donald in Mexico, we were hoping for a similar one here. We decided to sing him a song we somehow got stuck in our heads at some point during the day. So we walk up to him and start singing/chanting "Donald's #1! Donald's #1!" Well Donald being the ham that he is LOVED this and started dancing!! It was so cute watching him wiggle his little duck butt :)

After that we looked in the gift shop a little and both bought snacks. Liz got a chocolate covered marshmallow wand and I got a caramel apple.

we were headed to It's A Small World next, but decided to take a seat for a second near the new castle walls to regroup ourselves. In our opinion, we probably looked like a mess at that moment. Liz had her shoes off and was rubbing her aching feet. I was on my phone intently looking at something (probably wait times). All of a sudden a CM comes up to us and says "Excuse me ladies?". We both look up thinking we were in some kind of trouble. Liz said she almost responded with "I promise I'm putting them (her shoes) back on!" LOL She then continued on to tell us that Olaf saw us having such a nice time and he wanted us to have one of his berry slushies! WHATT?! She said she didn't have any straws but brought us 2 spoons so we could share it if we wanted. UM, YES! We kindly thanked her and first starting laughing because we don't know what made her pick us out of anyone in the area! We wondered if we looked so disheveled that she thought we needed it! haha But it was an extremely nice gesture of pixie dust, and we certainly enjoyed the slushie! It was so yummy and topped with whipped cream and raspberry sauce. We ate as much of it as we could and then headed to our original destination, IASW, which was basically a walk-on!

We then had a FP to meet Ariel at her Grotto! (I forget when exactly we grabbed this, but it was obviously some time after we used our Under the Sea one). It was a fun meet and she liked my nails :)

After that we headed to Dumbo, which was a posted 10 minute wait and I would say took slightly less than that.

Up next..Wishes & a walk-on Atrraction!

Day 3 - Wishes and more!

It was almost time for Wishes, and we decided we wanted to see them from behind the castle this time, so we sat on the ground across from the entrance of ETWB. It's really fun seeing them back here since they are SO close, but we both agreed it doesn't even come close to watching from in front of the castle!

We also strategically watched from here because we wanted to head straight to Enchanted Tales with Belle afterwards. We had been watching the wait time and it ended up dropping to 10 minutes so we wanted to head in before any crowds got there. Um well we didn't have to worry about crowds because it was a walk-on and they actually ushered us straight through the FP line. I was a little bummed because I wanted to check out Maurice's cottage a little, but hooray for getting right into the next show! Neither of us had done this before, and we both thought it was cute seeing the little kids play their parts. The mirror technology, as well as Lumiere, is pretty amazing to see. I had heard that sometimes they let any guests who want pictures with Belle to go up and take some, but this time was not the case :( Considering the attraction was a walk-on , I was a little surprised about that! I'm glad I was finally able to experience this attraction, but don't feel like I need to do it again.

After that it was time for a spin on the Carousel! I love riding this at night, it feels so magical!

And then we just haddddd to see another showing of Philharmagic. I mean it was RIGHT across the way! We ended up waiting an abnormally long time for this haha I guess we just missed getting into the previous show
because we definitely waited about 20 minutes. But worth it because this show really brings us so much joy!

After that it was time to head to Tomorrowland! First up was the Carousel of Progress! Even though we did this the night before, it's another favorite of ours :)

Then we went on Buzz, which was a walk-on!

EMH were just about starting now! We decided to get some popcorn and were gonna take a spin on the Peoplemover...except it closes during EMH, DOH! I wish we would've went on this before Buzz, but hindsight is 20/20 so what can you do!

Up next...EMH!

I love that you both sang to Donald and that he danced to it, I can just picture him wiggling his tail feathers lol.

A free slushie, what awesome pixie dust!

Cute IASW pictures, I adore that ride!

The Ariel pics are perfect and so neat that she liked your nails!

I thought seeing wishes from the back of the castle sounded nice, sorry you guys didn't find it as impressive.

ETWB is such a cute fun little show, sorry you weren't able to explore the cottage or meet Belle.

The carousel picture is beautiful!

Looking forward to hearing about your EMH!

I love that you both sang to Donald and that he danced to it, I can just picture him wiggling his tail feathers lol.

A free slushie, what awesome pixie dust!

Cute IASW pictures, I adore that ride!

The Ariel pics are perfect and so neat that she liked your nails!

I thought seeing wishes from the back of the castle sounded nice, sorry you guys didn't find it as impressive.

ETWB is such a cute fun little show, sorry you weren't able to explore the cottage or meet Belle.

The carousel picture is beautiful!

Looking forward to hearing about your EMH!

We had such great meets with Donald!

The free slushie was so unexpected, and what I love about Disney magic :goodvibes

Oh do not get me wrong, watching Wishes from the back of the castle is still wonderful! And I have done it before this trip. I just think that there is nothing like watching it from the front of the castle!

Day 3 - EMH and Saying Goodbye to MK

We then decided to walk through Adventureland. Now this whole walk from Tomorrowland through Adventureland we were debating if we wanted to go on Splash Mountain. And mind you when I was finalizing our plans, I KNEW it was closed during EMH, it's even in my notes! This thought TOTALLY escaped me though, and we just kept going back and forth about whether we should ride:

-It's a little cold
-What if we get really wet
-But it's Splash Mountain
-I really want to go on it again
-We won't be in the parks THAT much longer
-We can do it
-COME ON LET'S DO IT
-Ok we're doing it

Until we get up there and realize it's closed and I feel like such a goof for not remembering it was closed! We laughed about how we psyched ourselves up so much for it and decided the next best thing would be Big Thunder Mountain, which we hadn't been on yet and was only a 15 min wait! I've said it before but I love this ride at night, it feels so much more thrilling!

We got off around 12:45- still about an hour of park time left! We headed back towards Fantasyland, where the wait time for Peter Pan's Flight was 25 minutes. I really wanted to check out the interactive line, and I had told Liz about it and she seemed excited for it too, so we went ahead and waited! It was a quick walk through the beginning portion of the line, so we snapped some quick pics of the portraits.

And then got into the bedroom portion, where the actual line began. I think it took the full 25 minutes but it didn't feel like it since we were just enjoying the surroundings. This was definitely a smart idea to implement!

After that we decided to go on Winnie the Pooh, because Liz mentioned it had a fun interactive line as well, and I had only ever used FP for it. However, the interactive stuff was not working due to it being a walk-on! haha oh well, we still enjoyed our honey pot journey!

Seven Dwarf Mine Train was a posted 30 minute wait, so we decided since we had such luck the night before that we would do it again! I can't remember how long it took, but it was less than 30 minutes.

I think it was about 1:45 at this point, with the park closing at 2. We decided to head towards the front of the park, with a stop at the Emporioum before we left. We did a little bit more shopping, grabbed our stuff from the locker, and headed towards the buses!

It was a LONG day, but we did SO much! Even though it was a Saturday night, MK did not feel crowded and EMH were awesome! This was actually my first time utilizing EMH! I think we ended up going to bed close to 3:30. No rest for us though, another early rise tomorrow!

Up next...Hollywood Studios!

does seem like a long but full and fun day! 3:30 am is quite late though - just thinking of that and having to get up makes me feel old :rotfl:

the PP queue looks really good - we try to get FP for that given the line, but that skips the queue so some trip we are just going to have to wait

HAHA, I like the conversation debate you both had over Splash. Too bad it was closed after all that, but I agree BTMRR is way better at night.

I loved the Peter Pan interactive queue, it was neat to see.

Hooray for a less than 30 minute wait on 7DMT!

Great castle pics on the way out!

I'm living vicariously through your Flower and Garden topiary pics and your lively character meets!

The Epcot-monorail-ferry-MK route sounds like the best way to get around! Wish that was my commute.

Looking forward to hearing how your next day was.

What a cute meet with Donald! I love his personality!

Wow, great pixie dust moment with the Olaf slushie! It sounds yummy!

I have a FP+ for Enchanted Tales for our trip. It looks like lots of fun and I really hope the boys get a part!!

You guys did all of my favorites!! I agree that Philharmagic is such a fun show! It makes me smile!

I'm sorry your ran into a few rides that are closed during EMH. But you got on some great rides with low waits! The new queue for Peter Pan looks like fun!

OOh. I haven't seen the Peter Pan interactive line yet. That is really cool.

It's really neat and definitely makes the standby line more bearable!

does seem like a long but full and fun day! 3:30 am is quite late though - just thinking of that and having to get up makes me feel old :rotfl:

the PP queue looks really good - we try to get FP for that given the line, but that skips the queue so some trip we are just going to have to wait

Haha it certainly was a tiring day (and trip for that matter)!

The interactive line is definitely worth standing in line for..maybe not all the time but definitely worth seeing at least once!

HAHA, I like the conversation debate you both had over Splash. Too bad it was closed after all that, but I agree BTMRR is way better at night.

I loved the Peter Pan interactive queue, it was neat to see.

Hooray for a less than 30 minute wait on 7DMT!

Great castle pics on the way out!

Haha we were so silly! But BTMRR was a great alternative.

SO neat! Definitely a great addition to the ride.

Thank you :)

I'm living vicariously through your Flower and Garden topiary pics and your lively character meets!

The Epcot-monorail-ferry-MK route sounds like the best way to get around! Wish that was my commute.

Looking forward to hearing how your next day was.

Hi, thanks for reading! We had such a great time at Epcot that day. And the ferry was such a nice treat :)

What a cute meet with Donald! I love his personality!

Wow, great pixie dust moment with the Olaf slushie! It sounds yummy!

I have a FP+ for Enchanted Tales for our trip. It looks like lots of fun and I really hope the boys get a part!!

You guys did all of my favorites!! I agree that Philharmagic is such a fun show! It makes me smile!

I'm sorry your ran into a few rides that are closed during EMH. But you got on some great rides with low waits! The new queue for Peter Pan looks like fun!

Donald is so fun, and we really had such great meets with him!

The Olaf slushie was yummy and thoughtful, such a nice moment!

I don't think you have to worry about the boys getting a part! I think any child that wants to participate is able to do so!

We had such a great night in MK and rode so many of our favorite things! Can't ask for more!

Day 4 - Hollywood Studios

We were up around 6:30 for our Hollywood Studios day! Yep, 3 hours of sleep for us but we were ready to attack the day with our motto of "TOY STORY OR BUST"! We really wanted to ride TSMM multiple times, so stayed tuned to see if we accomplished that!

We wanted to be close to the front of the turnstiles, so we were on a bus by around 7:50 and waiting in line by around 8:10- not bad!

Here was the line in front of us:

The park opened around 8:50 and we got to TSMM at 8:52 as per the time outside the ride! We breezed through the stand-by line and were boarding before we knew it! We had a great time, and Liz ended up beating me!

We were off by 9:02 and decided we would try our luck again with the standby line! I think the posted wait was 30 minutes and I would say it took just about that as we were off at 9:37. This time we were able to get a few pictures.

And Liz ended up beating me again!

From there we were headed to Rock n Rollercoaster, which already had a 45 minute wait! I wasn't expecting the line to build that quickly, but it would be our only chance to ride it so we bit the bullet and got in line. It didn't take the full 45 minutes, but maybe 35. Don't I look happy and not scared at all??

I'm not a huge fan of this ride, mostly because of the inversion, but I will say it wasn't so bad this time and it was really smooth!

The plan was to try and ride ToT standby but the line was already at I think 40 minutes...BOO! We did stop for some PP pics though!

We were pretty hungry so we decided to head to Starring Rolls for some breakfast! Liz opted for a muffin and I went with a
cinnamon roll.

It's funny when I've gone with my parents, I probably would've never let us stop to eat in the morning! haha but it was nice to sit for a bit and get some food in our bellies.

After that it was time to meet some characters! We headed to the Chinese Theater (not the hat!!) and met both Daisy and Donald with fairly short waits.

Up next...more HS fun!

Impressed with your ability to get up so early after the MK EMH and to get on toy story twice without FP's. It seems like that attraction is getting harder to ride SB even at RD. Love the Daisey and Donald pictures, when we were there in September Minnie, Goofy, and the Chipmunks were there.

Donald and Daisy in their dapper outfits are so adorable!

Right?? So cute!

quite a productive morning! Love meeting Donald and Daisy there is their fancy dud!

It was! I love the HS outfits, they are so dapper!

Impressed with your ability to get up so early after the MK EMH and to get on toy story twice without FP's. It seems like that attraction is getting harder to ride SB even at RD. Love the Daisey and Donald pictures, when we were there in September Minnie, Goofy, and the Chipmunks were there.

Thanks! We were very determined :goodvibes We saw Goofy and Chip & Dale but never ended up getting to stop and see them!

Y'all look really good for only 3 hours of sleep!

Hooray for back to back rides on TSMM!

Your RNR photo is great, looks like mine even though I was scared out of my mind.

I love that Chip magic shot, so cute!

That cinnamon roll looks huge!

Super cute photos with the ducks!

We were off by 9:02 and decided we would try our luck again with the standby line! I think the posted wait was 30 minutes and I would say it took just about that as we were off at 9:37. This time we were able to get a few pictures.

2 rides and it's before lunch! It's sounds like you're on your way to a day full of Toy Story!

Don't I look happy and not scared at all??

:rotfl:

Breakfast at Starring Rolls does look yummy! That cinnamon roll is huge!

Cute pictures with Daisy and Donald!

Not everyone can force themselves to get up after just four hours of sleep, and even less people can actually look good while doing it!

Also the Donald outfit is amazing and I'm jealous.

I'm late to the party, but joining in! Wow... you guys hit the parks hard! AWESOME! Enjoying your adventures...can't wait to read more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter