The Split Personality Pre Trip Report (May 2015) - Back Home with a Quick Update (5/18)

Just stopping by to say hi!!! Sounds like you are having a great time... Hopwfully you have photopass, so at least you are getting those pictures???? I hope so!

D~

We do have photos D~! And yes we are taking tons of pictures. But some of the best ones we have of the little one are candid phone pictures. We are having a good time. I little overwhelming for all at times. But a cool room and some rest do wonders!

Oh good! I am glad! Love Photopass, but glad you are getting candid ones too! :lovestruc

Happy to hear you are having a good trip too!

D~

Of the little one, yes...of me no, lol...been a long, a little stressful trip, just because i want to make sure everyone enjoys it. Next trip I am going solo so I don't have to worry about everyone else enjoying! LOL!

Two more days before we head home.

Well, I am back. I am not sure I am going to do an actual trip report for this trip.

A few things...

I will probably never travel with a group this large again...the hotel was especially crowed with six people. But we survived and no one needed bail money.

The 4 year had a great time meeting lots of princesses...and discovered a love of roller coasters. She is not real fond of dark rides (although she did not scream or cry, you could tell she was a little apprehensive of Haunted Mansion and Pirates)

The big princess...well, she was a little more high maintenance than I am used to traveling with...

My sister and niece...were great traveling companions. (my niece had a hiccup or two)

Matt...he had a few hiccups too, but did seem to enjoy what he did. (well except for tower of terror, which he swore he would never do again.)

The weather was PERFECT!!! Sunny, hot but rather low humidity. Only had rain once...a bottom fall out of the sky sort of rain that was very short lived but managed to get us pretty wet before going into the princess hall which was very cold!

Loved using the scooter for many reasons...although it AMAZES me how many people think you are invisible (yes thought of you often Billie)...and all the people that decide that they can make it across my path...the things have no brakes people! So even by reversing pretty quickly, they do not stop on a dime. Scared the crap out of me several times...and none of those times was I going fast. I was EXTREMELY careful...

LOVED every BUS DRIVER (except for one)...they were always very helpful with the scooters. I could not back mine up well (I can't back up my car well either...don't judge me, lol!) And all were very willing to help me...except for this truly MEAN one women! (She scared the living heck out of me she was so hateful). Most bus riders were also very nice (yes I talk to strangers on the bus all the time). Only had one women make snide comments about the two scooters taking up all those seats....for the record, whenever the bus looked like it was going to be remotely crowded, we stayed on the scooter buckled up (Disney prefers you don't but will allow you to do so)...so as to only have 4 total seats out of commission. And on that particular load, there were well over four people standing...

The resort was nice. Everyone we dealt with there was EXTREMELY nice...especially the food service people in the food court...they always had smiles on their faces. It was quiet in our area, although I am sure by the pools it could be sometimes loud.

Crowds were very low until this past Thursday when we saw the levels pick up significantly. At the hotel there were lots of groups (HS graduation type trips) On Friday at Epcot, we saw lots of grade school groups there. And of course we were at Star Wars Weekend on Saturday and the crowds were there.

Pin trading was VERY Disappointing. No interesting pins on lanyards....it seemed like everyone had the same 20-25 pins to trade. Probably traded less than 25 pins. The little one did, but still not a lot...hopefully it will pick up for the next time we go.

Did not get to meet up with anyone in the parks. Oh well, I did get to meet up with some friends that are local on Saturday and Friday before we left, so that was nice.

I am extremely tired...a theme throughout the trip...hopefully can unpack tonight.

Take care all!

Lynn

SOunds like it was a mixed bag vacation! It is hard traveling with a big group That we why we stayed off site for our last december trip, there were 9 of us and we just needed space. Two things I learned from my travels with large groups were 1) do your thing even if other people arent and 2) you are not responsible for their happiness (aka you can lead that horse to happiness but you cant make them drink, ha ha ha).

i am sorry we didnt meet up. I did randomly run into one of my coworkers and her family! I also had some friends who came in the day we left that we missed as well.

That sucks about the mean people around your scooters. Our last trip we got a little attitude about the double stroller on the monorail. People. My dad used a scooter a couple years ago and had no issues, but we were at the dolphin so the boat made things easier too, less buses to contend with.

I am going to check out some of your photopass photos! hope you share more of your trip!

I can imagine travelling with a group would be hard...people don't always agree on what to do...and you can get in each other's faces too much even when you all love each other. I hope it was still amazing though!

Sorry to hear that it was difficult. I have to admit, a lot of why I did my trip report was to remind myself that there really was a lot of good stuff, even though we had some rough days, too. It has definitely helped.

Loved using the scooter for many reasons...although it AMAZES me how many people think you are invisible (yes thought of you often Billie)
Ugh, I'm so sorry you experienced this too! *hugs* I hope you were able to keep your chin up through it! :hug:

I'm very interested to read, should you decide to do a trip report! Honestly, it might help you to focus on the GOOD parts of the trip! :goodvibes

Last edited:
Hi Lynn! Welcome home!

I cannot imagine traveling with such a large group, but it sounds like - for the most part - you all did what you could to make it enjoyable.

I cannot imagine navigating on a scooter - that had to be tough!

Boo for rude bus drivers... Did you report her? I am always happy to send emails to Disney after I return from our trips... Pointing out the good and the bad. ::yes::

Glad you made it home safely. Are you planning to go back again anytime soon?

D~

You all are right...there were many highlights and good times on this trip. I will see what I can do about doing a trip report. I was not very organized this trip, but I do have lots of pictures...none of which have been downloaded and edited yet. May be a project for the long weekend.

I don't have another trip booked or planned right now, but I have been giving some serious thought to a solo trip. But then I would feel a little bad for not taking others with me. (I really do enjoy sharing the magic, so maybe one or two at most people and only with the understanding that they are adults and can tour on their own. :) ) I would love to go again during food and wine fest. And I have never been at Christmas time...that would be really nice to catch the tail end of food and wine and get to see Christmas decorations! :) Something to think about!

Lynn

i will be so mad if you don't do a TR.. all this planning and you DON'T TELL US ABOUT THE TRIP?!?!

That's just rude... :rolleyes1

I was truly thinking I could get this started this weekend...fever and coughing up a lung is not letting that happen. I will probably have to miss the Tomorrowland group outing with some friends tonight! Hopefully the rest I am getting will help me get over this quickly!

Have a great weekend folks!

I was truly thinking I could get this started this weekend...fever and coughing up a lung is not letting that happen. I will probably have to miss the Tomorrowland group outing with some friends tonight! Hopefully the rest I am getting will help me get over this quickly!

Have a great weekend folks!
You poor thing! Do you think you picked up something at WDW? I know I did during my April trip, I was sick right afterwards! Feel better soon, girl! :hug:

I would love to go again during food and wine fest. And I have never been at Christmas time...that would be really nice to catch the tail end of food and wine and get to see Christmas decorations! :) Something to think about!

Lynn

Ahem! AHEM!!

You already know how we tour together! Food and Wine AND the beginning of the Christmas celebrations ALL IN ONE TRIP!

Feel better, okay? LYMI!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter