The Split Personality Pre Trip Report (May 2015) - Back Home with a Quick Update (5/18)

cajunfan

Welcome to the DIS where wishes come true.
The Split Personality Pre Trip Report

The Cast:

Me (Lynn):
  • Disney Fan
  • Figment Lover
  • Obsessive Planner... Did I mention spreadsheets?
  • Heavy User of Exclamation Points!
It has been 6.5 years since my last visit to WDW!

sabrina.jpg

Sabrina (Co-Worker):
  • Disney Fan
  • Ariel Lover
  • Bubbly
Sabrina is a co-worker who is tagging along with us. She has not been to WDW since she was 12.

Matt (Friend):
  • 1st timer to WDW
  • Tech Geek
  • Star Wars Fan
  • Eeyore Fan
(Star Wars & Eeyore? Talk about a split personality!)

Kim (Big Sis):
  • Tinker Bell Fan
Kim has traveled with me once before to WDW. I wonder whether she will enjoy this trip as much?
(The picture is of her playing "Dress Up with Zoe" at the family Christmas party)

Haley (Niece):
  • Stitch Fan
  • Pokemon Fan (as evident in picture)
Haley has never traveled with me to WDW. I am a bit worried about her being able to get up early and make it to early ADRs.

Princess Zoe (Great Niece):
  • Princesses Fan
  • Princesses Fan
  • Princesses Fan
  • Princesses Fan
  • Princesses Fan
Zoe is Haley’s four year old cutie pie of a daughter. This will be her first trip to WDW. Zoe is all about the Princesses.

Dates of Trip: 05/08/2015 – 05/17/2015

Hotel: All Star Music Family Suite (originally Art of Animation Family Suite)

The Current Plans:

Sabrina, Matt, and I plan to start our drive down to Orlando (from the Middle Tennessee area) late Thursday night. We plan to drive past Atlanta and then stop for the night after we have been on the road for about six hours… we currently are planning on stopping in Tifton GA. Then we’ll get up early, eat breakfast and drive the rest of the way into WDW. It is about a 10 hour drive for us.

The other three in our party won’t arrive until Sunday as they are coming from the NOLA area, so for the first three days it is just Sabrina, Matt and I. As such, this part of the trip will be focused on the things they like and will want to do. Then Monday through Thursday is all about the Princesses and Fairies and all things girly. Then the following Friday and Saturday will be back to Sabrina and Matt.

Friday Itinerary:

Arrive at Art of Animation by noon…well rested and fresh! That overnight stop will be awesome! Check in and make sure all of my tickets are linked correctly on our Magic Bands and get Matt’s “First Visit” button. If our room is ready, we will take our luggage to the room. I like to unpack my suitcase. Yes… I am one of those people. I can’t stand having the suitcase lying around. We will have a few other deliveries, probably a scooter for me, and that we may have to wait for. Once that is all done, we will take the bus to Magic Kingdom…this will be the first adventure for Matt, and a refresher for Sabrina, so I hope they enjoy it as much as I do! I will try to get FP+ for whatever their top three things are to do in that park. The only thing I HAVE to do is Seven Dwarves Mine Train…along with the other gazillion people there that day I am sure! I am pretty sure it will be one of their top three as well. Otherwise, I would like to wander down Main Street and visit the shops, take some photos, and maybe catch the parade if we are there at that time. No firm plans unless I can get some fast passes for that night, but we have to be out of the park and on our way to dinner by 8:30pm. Do we take a boat or a monorail? I am hoping that the boats to/from the Polynesian are still going as I LOVE that trip back to the Poly on those boats. I prefer the small ones, but I heard that they do not make the trip anymore. Is it more of the ferry type ones (like those between EPCOT and the Boardwalk area). Is this true? (Remember, it has been 6.5 years since I have been to the World, so I know a lot has changed…and the darn DVC build at the Poly will change things too) Anyhoo…we will be dining at Ohana’s on Friday night (9:15 ADR). I decided to book this on the first night, since I like it and I think Matt and Sabrina will LOVE it, and the other three will not get their money’s worth out of it. Plus we’ll have had fast food probably for the last 24 hours…we NEED some real food...because as you can see, Matt and I are Pooh sized people, where as Sabrina is skinny as a rail. LOL! I am hoping for a window table…yes, me and the other gazillion people eating there too… so that we can see Wishes from the restaurant, another first for Matt and possibly Sabrina. So other than 7DMT, what other FP+’s do you think a first timer like Matt and a person visiting for the first time since 1995 would enjoy?

Last edited:
Now I need to figure out how to FORMAT/Change Colors/fonts etc.

Eeyore and Star Wars go together. Little known fact, Eeyore is in fact, a Jedi.

Ok, I need some ides folks! Since Zoe does not live near me, I want to send her a "Countdown Package", for when she gets to the 45 day point. I already have plans to include a "kit" for her to assemble (and decorate) a paper countdown chain. We will include some glow sticks labeled Tinker Bell Wands. Of course we will have some Pixie Dust in there too. Any other ideas out there?

Will be back later tonight to update some plans.

Have a great Saturday folks!

Lynn

Hi there! :wave2: Joining in!

I love the COuntdown Kit for her to assemble. I think that and some glow wands will be great. Other than that maybe a sheet or two of stickers?

The plans are sounding good. And as far as I know the boats still run between Poly and MK. I know in Oct of 2013 they were running. If they have stopped then its a new thing.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY everyone!
I will be back tonight with an update!

I just saw your PTR! Yay!!!! I am here and reading along Lynn!

Hi Matt - wave - I do believe I know you, as well. :D

OK... Going back up to read!

D~

First, I wish I only loived 10 hours from disney... Lol. I'd be there a lot more often. :). Your trip down sounds great.

Are you staying in a suite at aoa?

For your first Mk day fps... Don't forget Splash! :)

Looking forward to the rest of your plans.

D~

I, am joining in! I, too, am a Disney lover that only gets to go to WDW every four or five years. So, I totally understand how excited you must be for this trip!

I think starting off at Magic Kingdom is perfect for introducing Matt to WDW! It will be nice that you have a few days there by yourselves before everyone else is there too.
You can enjoy some of the great things about the parks with just adults and then have a blast with the princess stuff and seeing WDW through the eyes of a child.

My last trip was in Feb. 2014 and I am still currently writing my TR. I started it late but now I am updating it frequently with updates and photos. The link is in my signature. I just wish I would have taken more photos now while we were waiting in line, etc. Since everything is digital, you don't have to worry about wasting film. So, remember to shoot away! The photos will be great for you to share in your own trip report upon your return.

I love the idea of the Countdown Kit for your great niece!
You may want to get a little photo album (4 by 6 size) and some 4 x 6 notecards and have her decorate the notecards with stickers of characters. Then when you are in the parks, she can have the characters sign the notecards and you can add photos on the opposite page. It makes a really cool autograph/photo book to keep of your trip.

First some responses:

Hi there! :wave2: Joining in!

I love the COuntdown Kit for her to assemble. I think that and some glow wands will be great. Other than that maybe a sheet or two of stickers?

The plans are sounding good. And as far as I know the boats still run between Poly and MK. I know in Oct of 2013 they were running. If they have stopped then its a new thing.

Hi there! And thanks for stopping by. I need to go catch up on your report. The Count down Kit is going well...more on that later. The boats between the Poly & MK are soooo relaxing. (at least when you are headed "home" to the Poly, LOL...not when you are trying to get to rope drop.) I will be updating plans and things a little later tonight.

hi! I didn't know you had a report going?!?! I'm here now!

Hi Mo! I had started it, then got busy with work, so I am coming back to it. Good to see you here!

I just saw your PTR! Yay!!!! I am here and reading along Lynn!

Hi Matt - wave - I do believe I know you, as well. :D

OK... Going back up to read!

D~

Hi D~!! Yes you do know Matt. I am reading along with yours too! Welcome!

First, I wish I only loived 10 hours from disney... Lol. I'd be there a lot more often. :). Your trip down sounds great.

Are you staying in a suite at aoa?

For your first Mk day fps... Don't forget Splash! :)

Looking forward to the rest of your plans.

D~

This will be my first time driving. We have always flown in the past. We are staying in a suite. We will get a theme assigned when we get there, so we have no idea of where we will be.

Our first day plans have changed slightly...more on that later!

I, am joining in! I, too, am a Disney lover that only gets to go to WDW every four or five years. So, I totally understand how excited you must be for this trip!

I think starting off at Magic Kingdom is perfect for introducing Matt to WDW! It will be nice that you have a few days there by yourselves before everyone else is there too.
You can enjoy some of the great things about the parks with just adults and then have a blast with the princess stuff and seeing WDW through the eyes of a child.

My last trip was in Feb. 2014 and I am still currently writing my TR. I started it late but now I am updating it frequently with updates and photos. The link is in my signature. I just wish I would have taken more photos now while we were waiting in line, etc. Since everything is digital, you don't have to worry about wasting film. So, remember to shoot away! The photos will be great for you to share in your own trip report upon your return.

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by! I will have to go visit your TR. Matt will be the photographer of the trip...that and we have the Memory maker Package, so we will be in front of every Disney photographer we see.

I love the idea of the Countdown Kit for your great niece!
You may want to get a little photo album (4 by 6 size) and some 4 x 6 notecards and have her decorate the notecards with stickers of characters. Then when you are in the parks, she can have the characters sign the notecards and you can add photos on the opposite page. It makes a really cool autograph/photo book to keep of your trip.

The Countdown Kit is a work in progress. (will update it a little later). The notecards are a great idea, I have to see if her Mommy or my sister would be willing to carry them around. Selfish me, is only carrying what I need this trip (it is the first time I am going without my son, so I don't feel the need to carry as much with me)

I will be back after dinner to update some plans and things. It's grilled corned beef and swiss on rye sandwiches for us tonight. And maybe some stir fried cabbage if I have everything I need. Talk to you soon!

Lynn

I have to follow along - if for no other reason than your niece's Pokemon fixation! My daughter is also big into Pokemon. :) She doesn't know yet that you can find Pokemon stuff at the Japan pavilion at Epcot, but she will be thrilled when she sees it. Hopefully your niece will get a chance to check it out, in the midst of all the princess stuff!

I have to follow along - if for no other reason than your niece's Pokemon fixation! My daughter is also big into Pokemon. :) She doesn't know yet that you can find Pokemon stuff at the Japan pavilion at Epcot, but she will be thrilled when she sees it. Hopefully your niece will get a chance to check it out, in the midst of all the princess stuff!

I have been in that store...my son has visited it many time. I'm really not sure how into Pokémon Haley is (someone edited my text to add that...MATT!), but when my sister was sending me pictures to use for the report, this one amused me. :rolleyes:

UPDATE 03/17

So what possessed me to start this report on March 7th?? At my mortgage paying job (I have a second job in retail that is for fun) we have MAJOR deadlines for March 15th. So that is the reason I have not been on here lately to update or post things! And wow! Do I have a lot to update!

First thing…on March 9th our FP+ window opened and we were able to secure some of the FP+ that we wanted. Due to the nature of my tickets, I can only do 4 days of FP+ for a 9 day trip for some of the tickets. But not to worry, we got the coveted Anna/Elsa FP+. And quite frankly that was the most important one for us to get. That means Princess Zoe will be happy. I will post more on our other choices as I post our itinerary.

Probably the biggest news/change is we have added on another person to our trip. A friend from my second job has not been in a very long time. We were talking about my trip one day, and I mentioned to her that we can put one more person in the room, she could ride down with us and she has her own tickets, so if she wanted to come with us she was welcome to come along. I told her I was not sure that we would be able to add her onto our ADRs or FP+. She was okay with that. She was hesitant at first and initially declined. But when I saw her Saturday at work, and then later a group went to see Cinderella, she decided she would come along after all! Zoe will be enthralled with Sabrina. It will be like having her own personal Ariel in the room with her. I will go back and update the cast soon…need to get a picture of her first. We have now updated the cast to include her and Matt has edited some of our first day plans.

So now there will be 6 of us in total. It was easy enough to add Sabrina to the hotel reservation. Not so easy to add her to our ADRs. The funny thing is the ones that I thought would be the hardest were no problem. There were two that were a problem and we are still working on them.

I am still working on the countdown package for Zoe. As soon as I get it all together I will post a picture. Right now it has the paper chain strips, glue sticks, scissors, lots of stickers, some Sofia stationary things I found on clearance at the Disney Store, Jasmine shoes (they were out of her size at Christmas time when she got all the princess costumes)and some pixie sticks candy. I need to get her a kid’s guide book…probably Birbaum’s Guide for Kids. I will also include a copy of park maps (a friend that just went brought me lots of them back). I am also going to send the personalized maps we go off of the Disney website. I need to get this finished and in the mail so that she gets by April 1st.

So I will now try to keep my report up to date from now on…and I will start with going through our daily plans.
Lynn

Last edited:
This is so exciting Lynn!!! How nice of you to bring your friend from work along... What an awesome opportunity for her! I just love when magic spreads like that!

I am glad you were able to add her to most of your reservations with out a problem - I hope you are able to get the rest of them ironed out soon.

Love the countdown ideas! My girls had the Birmbaum's guide when they were little - they loved it. I also buy them the $1.00 Passporters when they go on sale every year for the previous year's info... Then they add their own stuff into them. :thumbsup2 But the Passporters might be a little above Zoe right now? Not sure?

D~

Love the countdown ideas! My girls had the Birmbaum's guide when they were little - they loved it. I also buy them the $1.00 Passporters when they go on sale every year for the previous year's info... Then they add their own stuff into them. :thumbsup2 But the Passporters might be a little above Zoe right now? Not sure?

D~

Passporter is definitely above her, she is a smart kid, but I think that one is a bit much, lol. I do a personal passporter when I go. (I am sometimes persuaded to make them for friends too) I will have to post pictures of the current one I have. I made it a while ago, but it fell victim to the chew monster of the household. I am debating on whether I will remake it...probably not since it is still functional.

Arrival Day Plans:
(some of this is a rehash from the first entry)

So yes, I do have a spreadsheet, and I was going to show it to you, but I can't figure out how to insert a pdf file...so, once I figure that out, I will share it. :rolleyes:

I hope to get on the road from Tifton, GA by no later than 8 am (hopefully earlier). I am an early riser, but not so sure how Matt and Sabrina will do with this idea. The thing I have going for this target time is that both of them will be SUPER EXCITED to get there. The hotel in Tifton has a continental breakfast, so we will take advantage of that before getting on the road. We should make it to WDW by noon or so. I have listed my priority on check in to be closest to main building/bus stops. Part of me wanted to put early check in as first priority, but I think I am willing to wait for room assignment if it means getting the location. If the room is ready, we will of course get the car unloaded and settled into the room. If not, we may put some things with bell services. The plan here is to grab lunch at the food court then head to…Magic Kingdom! We have made FP+ for late in the evening at MK:
  • Pirates 5:55
  • Splash 4:20
  • BTMRR 6:55
I really want us to get Pirates done since it will be going down for rehab after this weekend and will not be open the rest of our trip. But I mainly just wanted to get Sabrina and Matt there to soak up the atmosphere. We will just go with the flow, shop, maybe catch some rides that don’t have too long of a wait. Really just enjoy the MAGIC! We need to leave the park by 8:15 or so to catch the monorail to the Poly (or earlier if we want to take the boats). We are having dinner at Ohana’s. We had no problem adding Sabrina to this reservation. I hope that she enjoys it. I know Matt will and I have been before (I could live off the pot stickers).

So overall just a rather low key, fun start to our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter