The Solo Trip Which Led to a Vinylmation Addiction!** COMPLETE 4/8

I love Tren-D!! I have to control my urges in there.... thus far we've only purchased small things like nail polish and lotion. I never have much room in my suitcase for more stuff!

The transportation ornaments are so cute! I want to see a big ferry boat in the collection. :)

Oh my goodness... the Grand Floridian is just so perfect, isn't it? I always love seeing pictures of it since it's been my dream resort for years and years. :love: Your pictures are wonderful!

Why does Disney make the cutest ornaments ever?

I don't know why Disney makes the cutest ornaments! All I know is it isn't good for my bank account!

I love Tren-D!! I have to control my urges in there.... thus far we've only purchased small things like nail polish and lotion. I never have much room in my suitcase for more stuff!

The transportation ornaments are so cute! I want to see a big ferry boat in the collection. :)
Lol I Know! I am beginning to like more things in there. Is your profile picture new? It looks different!

oh wow I have to have that scarf! I've got a friend doing her DCP at tren D n Team Mickey's,think i'll give her a shout n get one put away :D

After the marketplace side, I wanted to check out the west side.

I saw these cool lights. I love these strands of lights like they have near Expedition Everest too.

IMG_4653_zpsc09c545b.jpg

I walked past....

IMG_4654_zps8f167969.jpg

and really wanted to sit down and have a drink here. I have never really seen this restaurant since I haven't been to the West Side of DTD since like 2008 so this was all new to me. The little patio outside of Paradiso looked so fun and inviting!

IMG_4655_zps175027d7.jpg

IMG_4656_zps50ab2a28.jpg

Right outside of Paradiso was the living statues. I haven't seen them here but I have seen them in London.

IMG_4657_zpsf83f478c.jpg

There was a huge crowd watching them.

IMG_4660_zps2ef4e7f3.jpg

It was hard to get a good picture of just them because people kept going up to take pictures with them.

IMG_4661_zps89f12d98.jpg

They had those cool lights here too!

IMG_4663_zps2371c74e.jpg

Next, I saw the cool balloon up in the air. That might be fun to do!

IMG_4669_zps981ef379.jpg

IMG_4672_zpsc00dde42.jpg

Then I turned around and saw more cool lights along the path to Splitsville. I swear last time I hear there was the Virgin store so it was weird to be here but fun! I was shocked at all the retailers/restaurants.

IMG_4674_zpscdcc877f.jpg

I have heard about D street but have never gone in it before so I decided to check it out.

IMG_4676_zps6bd62d3b.jpg

It was basically a big Vinylmation/nostalgia store. They had a lot of vinylmation, d tech things, and Star Wars merch.

I loved this table made out of vinylmation.

IMG_4678_zpse21b9d5e.jpg

This was a light with upside down vinyl.

IMG_4680_zpsaef759e6.jpg

More table pics.

IMG_4681_zps1b577824.jpg

IMG_4683_zps66d29438.jpg

IMG_4684_zps86d9d8c6.jpg

Continued in Next Post, followed by my departure!

oh my GOODNESS those glass slipper antenna toppers. I need one. I won't even have my car again for another two years, but I need that glittering beauty. It reminds me of the Mickey head antenna toppers they had a few years ago, they were glittery and perfect and I had one and a tree branch fell on my car and broke it.

I always neglect the west side of DTD too. It's nice to get a peek at it!

DTD has such a cool vibe at night! We were fascinated with the same living statue dude. I wanted to get photos with him but Em didn't so we moved on. Never been in the vinylmation store before so it is good to get informed through another Diser!! :)

I've walked through the west side but never really spent any time there yet.I can't wait to just get there already.AGGGGGHHHH 49 Days!!!

After looking around in D Street I walked a little bit down to Splitsville. That is a cool place.

IMG_4687_zps1db99314.jpg

IMG_4689_zps65a59309.jpg

Then I decided it was time to walk back to the marketplace. I wanted to shop around in World of disney.

IMG_4690_zps619c3e6b.jpg

IMG_4691_zpsc55adf5f.jpg

But first I saw this guy playing the saxophone. Wow, he was absolutely amazing. He was playing Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" which is already a pretty emotional song, but when he was playing it I just felt a surge of happiness and emotion. I was so happy to be in Orlando and I was so happy to have a job that I liked. I just felt blessed.

IMG_4695_zpsd7e94aef.jpg

IMG_4696_zpsd9aff53d.jpg

IMG_4699_zps742ee35c.jpg

I posted a picture of him on instagram(FYI follow me Rachel9985) and said, "In my element. Downtown Disney taking in the sights, sounds, and smells and couldn't be happier. God is good!" See I told you I was emotional. I was just so happy!!!

After listening to him I took some cool photos of the water features around TRex.

IMG_4707_zps35b5ee9a.jpg

IMG_4709_zpsbf899379.jpg

IMG_4711_zpsff174ab1.jpg

IMG_4718_zps17a7e1da.jpg

IMG_4719_zpsc9014d2e.jpg

In World of Disney I saw some cute things. I looked around for a long time.

I found this Woody Mickey- so cute.

IMG_4721_zpsdd81e9ae.jpg

Some shoes that matched my new pj's and the scarf I saw earlier.

IMG_4722_zps7db5e47e.jpg

So in Downtown Disney is where I got two more vinylmations- see I told you I was addicted. I went in the corner and opened them because I was embarassed. Here is what I got- I was so mad.

IMG_4725_zps6ffe9d06.jpg

A repeat Flik and a character from Brave who I didn't even know was at the time. I was so mad! I didn't want these characters!!!

I really contemplated getting presents for my two little cousins in here. I was going to get my cousin brandon a jake stuffed toy and my cousin gracie a miss piggy stuffed toy. I decided now to. I might get them toys this trip though.

After World of Disney, I realized that I had to try to trade the Flik since I already got Flik. So I went to the trading box at the pin trading place and did their trading box thing. You pick a number and they open the box and you can trade for that one if you want. I think I got a clear one which I didn't want. I found out later it was the chaser (which was a rare one). I should have taken it.

I was pretty much done with DTD at this point so I decided to take a bus to the Beach Club. I wanted to pick up some oreo bon bons and find more places to try to trade Flik!

When I got to the Beach Club I found out they didn't have a box so I went to Yacht Club because they did have a box. I traded for some stupd robot one. I didn't take it though.

So I went back to the Beach Club to get my oreo bon bons! They didn't have a small package, only a package of 6 for about 6 dollars.

After this it was time for me to leave property :( While waiting for my cab I offered two oreo bon bons to the CMs working outside. They took them and were grateful! I needed to get rid of them because I would never eat them.

I had a nice van sized cab with a cab driver that didn't try to cheat me out of money!

Up next: the departure!

Rachel I understand that moment that you had at DTD while listening to the sax player. Seems there's always a moment when you just realize how incredibly wonderful being there is...

That was so nice of you to share your oreo bon bons with the CMs. :)

When I got back to my hotel I took a picture of my purchases!

Already showed you the vinyls.

Here are my yummy oreo bon bons! I think I only had 3.

IMG_4726_zpsd6262402.jpg

I got a lotso and a cute Minnie! I am pretty sure I bought these from Pop Century.

IMG_4728_zpsa761a8fa.jpg

Also I won this Mr. Potato Head. For some reason our trainer was giving all these kids prizes out. People got bubbles, chalk, a jump rope...I got a Mr Potato Head. What in the World was I going to do with a Mr Potato Head???

IMG_4724_zps4466be60.jpg

I left it at the hotel. Shhhhhh!!!

The next day we finished up our training and then went to the airport.

I got two new vinylmation at the disney store at the airport. This time I got my favorite one!! Nemo!!! And I got the creepy clown from Toy Story!! Vinylmation addiction 100% kicked in at this point!!!

I wanted to eat my caramel from Karamelle Kuche so I sat down on the bench and had it.

I took some waterfall pictures.

IMG_4732_zpsd7652bd3.jpg

Caramel...

IMG_4735_zps0b8970c9.jpg

IMG_4736_zpseaaca380.jpg

After that I went back to the disney store and got more vinylmations!!! I decided to open these once in the gates so I woudn't get any more out of disappointment.

Once in the terminal I had Outback Steakhouse. I ordered grilled chicken with some veggies. It was yummy! I opened my vinylmation and got Flower from the animated series and another vinylmation.

After that a very uneventful flight. I posted my vinylmation that I was unhappy about on Instagram and someone sent me a message and asked if I wanted to trade. So I sent them Flik and he sent me Mr Incredible!

Current vinylmation collection.

IMG_4738_zps81ac1db3.jpg

IMG_4744_zpsc306fa6f.jpg

IMG_4743_zps545a7b71.jpg

I think I am done with vinylmations, until a new series comes out. I just really liked this Pixar series!!!

Well, folks that is it for now!!!

I will be heading back to Disney Thursday through Monday with emmebear and I am sooo excited.

I will do a TR and Emmebear and I are doing a joint dining review so stay tuned!!

Follow me on Twitter WDWLove1971 and Instagram Rachel9985 for updates!

Thanks for this great TR Rachel (plus your wonderful photos). As someone who's "this" close to booking a quick solo getaway, it's wonderful to read a solo TR to get a feel for it.

Enjoy your upcoming trip!! :goodvibes

Great ending to your TR!

You got some really pretty fountain pics at DTD and the airport. I love taking fointain pics, too.

Love the Vinylmation collection! They are really cute, I might have to get some on my next trip.

Aww, I'm glad you were feeling so happy! It must have been cool to hear 'Rolling in the Deep' on a sax!

The Pixar vinyls are so cute! I want Flik! He's too cute. Are you gonna post on here when you start your new TR? Hope you have fun at Disney!!!!!

omg I need to get my hands on that brave guy ,I bought my daughter merida n the triplets for her bday she just doesn't know it yet

So we are under a winter storm warning that goes until 1pm. It is highly unlikely my flight will leave on time at this point/may even be canceled. Lets hope it leaves. However if Southwest declares a travel advisory for Minneapolis I will try to move my flight to Wednesday night. Say a prayer for me!:)

Issued by The National Weather Service
Minneapolis, MN
Tue, Apr 9, 2013, 12:02 PM CDT
Local Radar Map
Updated Apr 9, 2013, 4:40pm CDT

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM CDT THURSDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM CDT THURSDAY.

* TIMING: A WINTRY MIX WILL CHANGE OVER TO SNOW LATE WEDNESDAY. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL BE EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.

* SNOWFALL TOTALS: 5 TO 9 INCHES... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS.

* SLEET/ICE TOTALS: A TENTH TO A QUARTER OF AN INCH.

* MAIN IMPACTS: THE COMBINATION OF SNOW/SLEET/FREEZING RAIN WILL MAKE TRAVEL HAZARDOUS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

&&
More Information

... LONG DURATION WINTER STORM CONTINUES THROUGH THURSDAY...

.A POWERFUL STORM SYSTEM WILL PRODUCE SEVERAL ROUNDS OF WINTRY PRECIPITATION OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS IN EXCESS OF 12 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ACROSS MUCH OF WEST CENTRAL MINNESOTA BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS THURSDAY. FARTHER EAST EXPECT SLEET... RAIN... AND FREEZING RAIN TO ALSO MIX IN AT TIMES TODAY AND WEDNESDAY... WITH ALL SNOW EXPECTED AFTER WEDNESDAY NIGHT. HERE 6 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE NORTH WITH LITTLE ICE OR SLEET ACCUMULATION. FARTHER SOUTH SNOWFALL AMOUNTS WILL ONLY BE 3 TO 7 INCHES... BUT EXPECT A TENTH TO A QUARTER INCHES OF ICE... SLEET ACCUMULATION.

IN SUMMATION... ALL SNOW WILL FALL ACROSS THE WEST... WITH A WINTRY MIX ELSEWHERE TODAY AND WEDNESDAY. THIS WILL TRANSITION TO ALL SNOW EVERYWHERE WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL FALL EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.

I love DTD, although I never spend enough time there! I was hoping we would have time for Splitsville in Feb. but we didn't, hopefully we will when I go back in December! :thumbsup2

Ugh don't you hate when you get Vinylmations that you already have? And now, finding a place to trade is so hard! I liked it better when they had boxes everywhere! :confused3

That was so nice of you to share your oreo bonbons with the CM's! :banana: I love those, but there is no way I could eat 6 of them!

Your Vinylmation collection is cute!

AHHH I can't believe you guys are under a winter storm warning! :eek: We finally had a nice day here, for the first time all year! Hope your flight doesn't get delayed or canceled or anything so you can get to Disney!! :yay: Have a great trip!

I like your vinylmation collection. If you want I can trade you a magic around the world vinlymation for one of your Flik doubles :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!