The Smoking DSA's @ Resorts Info Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Trekker, Jun 10, 2007.

1. ssbn740

ssbn740 Earning My Ears

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ssbn740

ssbn740 Earning My Ears

Sorry to interrupt. Trying to get enough posts so I can PM on the board.

4. ssbn740

ssbn740 Earning My Ears

Cigarrettes are not sold anywhere on Disney property. Neither is chewing gum and Pepsi

5. ssbn740

ssbn740 Earning My Ears

Watch for changing DSA's at all resorts and parks

6. ssbn740

ssbn740 Earning My Ears

I believe that has changed now

7. ssbn740

ssbn740 Earning My Ears

Saratoga is pretty good as well. Almost every building entrance is DSA which makes me feel uncomfortable since everyone has to pass through the smoke

8. Coopers2006

Coopers2006 Coopers2006

count me in on the fanny pack club. hands free for me. I dont care how dorky they are. I also put ciggs,camera,phone,sanitizer, chap stick, KTTW, DL, keys, advil and glasses!! :thumbsup2

9. Disneylovingdad

Disneylovingdad Mouseketeer

Just an FYI, I know it's not a resort DSA but figured you'd all like to know. There is a DSA in the new section of Fatasy land. It's NOT on the park map. I'm here this week (leaving tomorrow unfortunately) so its a new map. The DSA is behind the barnstormer. If you walk towards the train station past the coaster, you'll see a path to your right along the tracks. Follow it about 200 feet and you'll see it. Benches there too. As I said its not on the map and we only found it because we saw it while riding past on the train after we had walked all the way over near the one by the castle. Hope this helps.

10. dreams91

dreams91 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=teal>Loves to veg o

I'm staying DVC. Is there smoking locations at kidani?

11. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

12. jennab

jennab Mouseketeer

I believe I already know the answer to these questions but wanted to double check :)

Smoking is allowed on your cabin deck at Fort Wilderness right?

Electronic Cigarettes - can you only use these in the designated smoking areas?

Thanks!

13. LisaBi

LisaBi DIS Veteran

This may be old news, but I discovered today that my favorite DSA at DHS is gone. The one between Star Tours and Sci Fi in the little garden type area with lots of benches. The area is still there, but no longer a DSA.

14. KirbKirb

KirbKirb Earning My Ears

I have a question about the Smoking Areas at All Star Music.

Are there any rooms that a super close to the smoking areas? As in you can see you room clearly from the smoking area? I am traveling with just myself and my daughter and I know I'm going to want to go out and have a smoke after she goes to bed.

Any specific room number or sets or room numbers I should try to request?

15. ryckpen

ryckpen Mouseketeer

Hey KirbKirb, If you go on the new Disney World site They have a page with all the smoking area's in all the parks and resorts mapped out.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/designated-smoking-areas/
    Hope this helps

16. ryckpen

ryckpen Mouseketeer

17. macadoo

macadoo Earning My Ears

Just wondering if you can smoke on the car parks (away from the buildings) at the Disney Resorts? I'm sure i read somewhere that this was ok but thought i should check :)

18. macadoo

macadoo Earning My Ears

That's a fab link thank you :)

19. NikkiLovesWDW!

NikkiLovesWDW! "Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S

I loved that spot too. The last time I was there, it was still on the map and people were smoking there BUT the trash cans with the ashtrays were not there so there were butts all over the ground. I kind of had the feeling they would do away with that area as a smoking section all together.

20. Cold71

Cold71 Mouseketeer

Most of you will probably laugh at this but I didn't ever have a clue there are designated smoking areas at the resorts. Probably the biggest reason for this being that I don't really smoke often. Maybe twice a year I'll smoke a cigar. I've made a habit to visit the cigar shop in DTD every trip, pick out a nice cigar, and spend one of my nights sitting out late at the resort enjoying it with a six pack. I guess I better ask where these areas are so I don't get myself in trouble next time. :rotfl: Lucky for me we stayed at CSR last time and it was pretty much empty.

21. Jenny52

Jenny52 Earning My Ears

Wow- you guys think of everything! My husband is a smoker and I def need to figure out the DSAs for our trip! Thank you!