The Silly and Mischievous Canucks do Christmas - Dec 2015 PTR - Update 12/13

You're 15 minutes into it right now! Sending lots of pixie dust and hoping that it's all going well! :goodvibes

Crossing fingers for you!!

Can't wait to hear what you all got. So exciting...love ADR day (well, not the stress, but the results).

I hope you got everything you wanted :)

Well, I'm home from work now, it was a long day with my extra early wakeup, the ADR stress and then running around dealing with some very demanding patients today. I'm working on the ADR update, I just need to review what exactly I now have in MDE as I was really rushing this morning.

ADR Day!

I woke up bright and early at 5am. I had to leave the house by 6:30 in order to be at work and ready to hit the floor at 7. That left me a 30 minute window to make our ADR's. All my fingers and toes were crossed that the Disney website would be working properly and that my computer would not crash as it has taken to doing lately. :headache:

By 5:45 I was dressed in my scrubs, had my lunch packed and I was munching on my breakfast watching the minutes tick by ever so slowly. I had all the restaurants pulled up in their own tabs so that all I would have to do would be refresh once 6am hit.

As soon as I saw 0600 on the clock I was searching for a table at Be Our Guest for lunch on our MK day. No tables available!! :furious:Okay... Well, there is still our departure day, I guess we could go to MK that day. So, I booked a lunch adr for our departure day at 12:20. I wasn't thrilled that this was how things were starting off with my ADR's but I couldn't waste time sitting and steaming, I had more ADR's to make!

I decided to just start with our arrival day and work forward for the rest of our reservations since the rest of them were not super important to get first thing like BOG.

Beaches and Cream for lunch on arrival day - check

1900 Park Fare for dinner after the Animal Kingdom - check

Plaza for dinner on MK day - somewhat checked - I was hoping for an ADR sometime around 6:30-7 so that we would not be wasting too much park time on this short day in a table service restaurant. All I could get was a 5:20 dinner. :sad2: I booked it reluctantly and I will be trying to get something later.

I booked Via Napoli for dinner on our Epcot day but I fully intend on switching to a Candlelight Processional dinner package once they become available.

Chef Mickey's for breakfast/brunch on our MVMCP day - check

Sci- Fi for lunch on DHS day - check

Departure Day- Cape May for breakfast at the hotel -check

So overall we got what we wanted aside from BOG on MK day and the timing of our Plaza ADR.

Later this morning while on break I decided to pull out my phone and search for more dining reservations using the MDE app. Well.... good thing I did! BOG had opened up for lunch on our MK day. Score! I got high fives from my co-workers for getting the reservation. :laughing: The time is early at 10:40 but I figure by the time we get our food it will be 11, a perfectly acceptable time to eat lunch. I will keep looking for a more ideal lunch time to open up but I was just so thrilled that I got an ADR at all.

So ADR day was a success even if it was stressful and aggravating! :laughing:

Your ADR day sounds like as much of a rollercoaster as mine was! But ultimately successful! Grats on getting everything you want (more or less)! :cutie:

:woohoo::woohoo:For getting everything except BOG, but then checking later and getting it when you wanted!!!! Such a huge relief to get those bad boys out of the way

Your ADR day sounds like as much of a rollercoaster as mine was! But ultimately successful! Grats on getting everything you want (more or less)! :cutie:

It really was a bit of a roller coaster. I'm really glad that it is over with now, no more stress until FP+ day.
:woohoo::woohoo:For getting everything except BOG, but then checking later and getting it when you wanted!!!! Such a huge relief to get those bad boys out of the way

I was so happy when I saw that BOG had opened up. Just goes to show that persistence pays off!

Got a new computer today! Decided to get a Macbook. Both my PC laptop and desktop were acting up and crashing or running really slow so it was time to get something new. So far I love it! Takes some getting used to though as I have always had Windows based PC's in the past. I'm feeling guilty for spending the money though, haha. Funny how I don't think twice about spending on a Disney vacation but I get major guilt over a computer. :confused3

Way to go on getting all your ADR's!! Hopefully you can adjust some of the times as it gets closer...but even if not...you did really well!!

Got a new computer today! Decided to get a Macbook. Both my PC laptop and desktop were acting up and crashing or running really slow so it was time to get something new. So far I love it! Takes some getting used to though as I have always had Windows based PC's in the past. I'm feeling guilty for spending the money though, haha. Funny how I don't think twice about spending on a Disney vacation but I get major guilt over a computer. :confused3

I am the same way...spending money for a vacation at WDW is fine, but we need a new laptop or two (which is way less than our vacation budget) and I am having a hard time committing to it lol I feel guilty just thinking about it.

Way to go on getting all your ADR's!! Hopefully you can adjust some of the times as it gets closer...but even if not...you did really well!!

Yep, hopefully I will be able to change the times around at some point. I may not even end up keeping all the ADR's. Who knows what will happen as plans evolve and the trip gets closer.

Mmmmmm, looking yummy! Excellent news on the BOG brunch on MK day!

Yep, I was thrilled to get BOG!

I am the same way...spending money for a vacation at WDW is fine, but we need a new laptop or two (which is way less than our vacation budget) and I am having a hard time committing to it lol I feel guilty just thinking about it.

Yep, it is such an odd thing. :confused3
WOOT WOOT for your ADRs!!! :jumping1:

So glad I got what I wanted.

Awesome, I just have one adr to go and I'll be set.

Good luck, I hope you get what you want!

Joining in! I was wondering just this week where you guys had disappeared to. Great to see you are still around! :grouphug:

Lord knows we need as much help as possible keeping Rosie straight around here.............:rolleyes1

I'll catch up on your report this weekend :)

:thumbsup2

Joining in! I was wondering just this week where you guys had disappeared to. Great to see you are still around! :grouphug:

Lord knows we need as much help as possible keeping Rosie straight around here.............:rolleyes1

Yep, still kicking around. Took a break from the Dis/Disney for a few years while I finished nursing school/started work. Back into things now and finding out about everything that has changed since we last visited.

Yep, still kicking around. Took a break from the Dis/Disney for a few years while I finished nursing school/started work. Back into things now and finding out about everything that has changed since we last visited.
Yes, lots of changes around here "ON" the DIS, and away from it also! :)

Glad you are back and congratulations on finishing up nursing school so you can make some Disney trip money! :banana: I know it was taking a lot of your time when you were around before. I'm not the greatest at keeping up around here lately, but I'll try to read and comment when I can. :surfweb:

Your brothers are characters!

I have no idea what dining at BOG even means LOL I'll have to look that up.

Your mom tearing up when entering the parks each visit moved me. That's how we feel. Each trip is special, unique and a lasting memory.

We still go every year but our preparation has gone by the wayside. We just kind of wing it now. We probably take it for granted.

I'm in Lessa.

You bring back all my memories of switching resorts over and over. We are renting DVC points so I am locked in for the 3 resorts we are staying at lol. We check in to the Beach Club on the 7th, maybe we will see you there (if you don't change your mind again that is :) ). It is so great that you get to travel with your Mom, treasure your time with her, I would give anything to have gone to Disney with my Mom.

Your plans look great, I can't wait to read more about them. I am loving the pictures from your past trips. Congrats on getting the ADR's you wanted. We are waiting for the Candlelight Processional information to be released too. It drives me crazy that Disney wants us to make our dining reservations 180 days out but they don't have the Candlelight schedule out so we can use it to plan our days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter