The Side effects of the AP-Trip#6 Oct 10 Final thoughts and some TMI

I love that Chris asked Lady Tremaine to dance! :laughing:

He just got up and did it. I had nothing to do with that. That is what made it so funny.:lmao: Maybe he likes "older women"?:lmao:

MeMom, I agree with you on the flowers, changing them out daily is wasteful :sad2: I wonder what they do with them when they are done with them - just throw them out? :confused3

I hope they donate them somewhere.

Of course my internet would be poopy today- I can't see any of your photos from the last couple of updates, but I can picture Chris dancing with the Lady. And HE asked HER to dance- epic!! I love that he turned the evening into a fun one!

I think I had video too but I can't find it. He just went up and did it. I can only imagine if it were a girl his own age he wouldn't even try. He really made it a fun night.

I see comments on teh arrangements being changed out daily, and am mystified as to why they'd do that!! Arrangements like that stay fresh for days! I wonder if "changed out" means they stick a few fresh ones in to replace the older ones?? I dunno seems awfully wasteful to me!! :confused3

I thnk at one point having fresh flowers every day seemed luxurious but now it just seems wasteful.:confused3 I hope they donate them to allow others to enjoy them.

Continuing with my short stay at MK before Night of Joy begins.

A spin with Pooh.

IMG_9191.jpg

IMG_9192.jpg

Still can’t a good one of these.

IMG_9193.jpg

Got a woozle

IMG_9194.jpg

This time a little low with the crown on Cinderella.

P9105330.jpg

I love the Halloween figures near the hub.

P9105331.jpg

P9105333.jpg

Proof that special things were happening.

P9105332.jpg

Poor Walt

IMG_9195.jpg

Time was now

P9105336.jpg

And time for me to move on.

P9105338.jpg

Now I can think of better places to do this.

P9105339.jpg

She was maybe going to the luau????

P9105340.jpg

The Night of Joy ers streaming in. You have thought they were Brazilians by the noise.

P9105344.jpg

Is that boat a bit overloaded????

P9105345.jpg

Next stop the Contemporary for some 5 legged goat action.

IMG_9211.jpg

The new arcade. I liked the old one. It was huge and the food area was 24hrs.

P9105350.jpg

Some shopping.

P9105352.jpg

Out the window look at the Bay Lake.

P9105353.jpg

Cont in next post.

In BVG I look out to the lake. Then I look around. The wonderful view is covered up by shelves. Everywhere.... Execpt here.
What on earth happened here?

P9105354.jpg

Back to shopping.

P9105355.jpg

P9105359.jpg

P9105360.jpg

P9105363.jpg

P9105365.jpg

P9105367.jpg

Watching the monorail whiz by.

P9105373.jpg

Take the monorail over to the Poly, my last stop.
I go the bar and get my usual a Mai Tai from Clinta the bartender. I see a group of women all with Lapu Lapus

P9105376.jpg

Suddenly I hear a crash, pineapples don’t shatter. Apparently one of the women having water, knocks over her glass. Oops
Apparently they are there together. Sorry for the extreme blurriness, I was trying to stealth snap. :lmao:

IMG_9206.jpg

I am talking with Chris. We are trying to use up some snack credits and he grabs some cotton candy at DQ. We have 2 credits left now so he calls to find out if I want to use one. He wants a churro so I get a Dole whip and head out to the beach for EWP.

IMG_9228.jpg

IMG_9240.jpg

IMG_9251.jpg

I walk to the TTC and head to EPCOT for EMH. Another day visiting all 4 parks. :whoohoo: Chris was heading back to the room and then will meet my at EPCOT.

IMG_9294.jpg

Our last night and we spend it together.

Looks like Chris actually enjoyed 1900 Park Faire. Too cute!

Aww, I :love: MK at fall. It is decorated so pretty.

:thumbsup2 4 Parks in one day! You rock!! I don't think I could ever get that lucky.

Looks like Chris actually enjoyed 1900 Park Faire. Too cute!

Aww, I :love: MK at fall. It is decorated so pretty.

:thumbsup2 4 Parks in one day! You rock!! I don't think I could ever get that lucky.

As the week went on, Chris shed the teenager attitude and let loose.

I get to see it all again in less thatn 2 weeks :cool1:

I was hopping all over the place. :lmao:

I missed a couple of days on the DIS and missed a lot! Sorry I fell so far behind. You had me :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: at:

the lady in time-out
The poses on Dinosaur
The guy changing his kid's diaper
5-legged goat action :scared1:
And your son asking (!) for a dance

And thanks for the POR pictures. Feels like my home away from home...

I know you do!!! I am very jealous!!! I hope to see lots of fall pictures when you get back! :)

I will be documenting the magical, the not so magical and the down right odd as I always do. :lmao:

Quite a few new things for me coming up. Star tours, OMD at DHS, The 5K experience at AK and MK and the 40th anniversay/birthday? non celebration celebration I hope. :laughing:

I missed a couple of days on the DIS and missed a lot! Sorry I fell so far behind. You had me :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: at:

the lady in time-out
The poses on Dinosaur
The guy changing his kid's diaper
5-legged goat action :scared1:
And your son asking (!) for a dance

And thanks for the POR pictures. Feels like my home away from home...

I have been speed updating so hopefully I can get it done before I go back. :lmao: Not sure if I will make it though. :confused3

I seem to notice the strange and out of place. I mean I understand a diaper needs to be changed but I am positive there is a better place to do that. :rotfl:

]

I love the Halloween figures near the hub.

P9105331.jpg

P9105333.jpg

These are some of my favorite things during this season.

Poor Walt

IMG_9195.jpg

Oh my...does that bird know who HE is?

Is that boat a bit overloaded????

P9105345.jpg

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

The new arcade. I liked the old one. It was huge and the food area was 24hrs.

P9105350.jpg

Totally agree with you on this Pat. That was the BEST thing about the CR in my opinion.

IMG_9228.jpg

IMG_9240.jpg

IMG_9251.jpg

This is one reason I miss staying at the Poly; we've not seen this in ages.

Our last night and we spend it together.

Glad you are spending the last night together and can't wait to read about it.

I relax a bit in SE.

P9105379.jpg

Chris is dropping off his cotton candy at FQ and then heading to EPCOT for EMH. I walk around to Japan via France to get a slushie in a cup not one of those plastic martini glasses. She warns me it will only be half full. No problem at least I won’t spill it. :rotfl:

I meet Chris at the African outpost and we go to Norway. Since it is dark I don’t recognize him right away. He is arranging chairs and picking up trash.

I thought he was a CM. :)

We head to Norway to see the trolls.

P9105388.jpg

P9105391.jpg

I showed Chris the Little Museum in the Viking Church.

P9105393.jpg

P9105392.jpg

This was due to open soon.

P9105397.jpg

Peeking in the windows.

P9105395.jpg

P9105396.jpg

Chris was a great sport in Mexico.

Too Small

P9105398.jpg

Too Big

P9105399.jpg

Somehow Not right?:lmao:

P9105400.jpg

P9105401.jpg

P9105406.jpg

I can say Chris has no experience wearing poncho, hence he is wearing it sideways. :lmao:

P9105402.jpg

P9105404.jpg

Chris might need this for Spanish class.

P9105403.jpg

Art that my DD would like.

P9105405.jpg

A little something for mommy.;)

P9105407.jpg

One last time to find Donald.
P9105408.jpg

P9105409.jpg

P9105410.jpg

Time to go.

P9105412.jpg

Time for a spin on TT

P9105415.jpg

One last ride. We are paired with a father and son. Chris is taking his job on the ship seriously and trying to make sure the dad and son are doing their jobs. I think it was their first time.

P9105418.jpg

P9105419.jpg

We make our way back around midnight. On the way to the bus stop, we see the dad and his son again. Chris makes conversation and some good old fashion ribbing is going on.

Tomorrow is our last day. We try to pack up and watch Phineas and Ferb. Oddly I like it. Dealing with the TV I finally find the sleep timer. :sad2: I am coughing up a storm now. It comes in fits and especially when I lay down. I have everything I need ….. at home.

The last day - the last park and a special suprise on the way home.

Great update, Pat. I love Chris trying on the different size hats. And the poncho wearing really got me. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear about the last day and the "surprise" going home.

One last time to find Donald.

P9105408.jpg

This is one of the things Brooklynn is consistently saying she wants to do when we go next month. She thinks Breanna will like it. She's so sweet thinking of all the things on the trip that her little travel buddy will enjoy.

Mission Space is just not gonna happen for me - ever!

Great update, Pat. I love Chris trying on the different size hats. And the poncho wearing really got me. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear about the last day and the "surprise" going home.

The poncho had me in stitches.

I don't think I had to try to hard to convince him to try the hats on.

I will tell that our surprise was one of pixie dust but rather a sign of the times. :sad2:

This is one of the things Brooklynn is consistently saying she wants to do when we go next month. She thinks Breanna will like it. She's so sweet thinking of all the things on the trip that her little travel buddy will enjoy.

Mission Space is just not gonna happen for me - ever!

Funny - I keep reminding my friends that there was sooo much we did not do. I already have a mental "list" of what we need to do next time.

Even for Chris, I have the list of new things. Top of the list ... Star Tours II
:thumbsup2

I can see why M:S won't happen. I have been with "fresh recruits" that panic a bit over the warnings. If you go into the play area there are some computers where you can play a video game and that is somewhat similar to the ride in places but there is plenty of space around you.

Saturday Sept 11th 2010.

It was our last day. Along with being September 11th, it had a somber feel to it. As we finished packing up, the TV was on and all the memorials and news made you stop and reflect.

After bring out suitcases down to check in and doing the required moving around because of weight limits etc. we had time to go to a park.

One last walk out to the bus stop. We boarded our bus at 9:45 and made the long walk. One last look at the back of boy.

IMG_9297.jpg

Our destination

IMG_9298.jpg

One item left on my list is

IMG_9299.jpg

While we wait we head to the land.

IMG_9301.jpg

I spy this

IMG_9303.jpg

A perfect chance to try out the games in the stand by queue.

IMG_9305.jpg

We get briefed and enter. We get seated and right before as the light go down a lady starts screaming. She wants off NOW! Holy cow we have not even moved yet. She freaked out! CMs rush over and they have to emergency release her and calm her down. Not sure if it was the dark and potential for going up high that got her or what but wow what a way to stop a ride.

The now almost a year old Cantina.

IMG_9307.jpg

IMG_9309.jpg

Time for our mission. We go to China.

IMG_9322.jpg

Parts of this mission were cute.

IMG_9323.jpg

IMG_9325.jpg

What did Chris think? Once again he was not overly impressed. I really struck out in trying to show Chris some new things.:sad2:

Our mission over and time was running short. Knowing busses go into shuttle mode during the middle of the day I opted to head back early.
We wait at 12:45pm.

The side of boy.

IMG_9336.jpg

We watch this family smoking in line.

IMG_9337.jpg

IMG_9338.jpg

They would pass the cigarette between them. :sad2:

During the 20 minutes we waited they must have shared 5 or 6 cigarettes. Yikes chain smoking while waiting.

We get back to the resort at 1:15. Time to use our last CS, collect our luggage and get on ME.

We wait for lunch, and wait. Now quite sure what happened but it was the slowest service ever. So slow that I had to pack up the lunch and then we were in a frenzy to get our carry on luggage to get on ME.

The ride to the airport was pretty uneventful……. Until we approached the airport.

Being September 11th security was heightened and random searches were occurring.

As we approach the airpot entrance we slow down. All traffic was merging into one lane and security was everywhere. As people were nudging to get in, our bus driver was trying to be nice a let some folks in front of us.

We as we approach the front of the line, we are stopped and asked to pull over.

Our bus was pulled for a random search. Our MAGICAL EXPRESS DISNEY BUS.
Of course I pull out the camera.

IMG_9344.jpg

IMG_9345.jpg

IMG_9346.jpg

IMG_9347.jpg

IMG_9348.jpg

IMG_9350.jpg

IMG_9352.jpg

IMG_9353.jpg

Our bus driver

IMG_9354.jpg

They put us under a tent and thankfully did not go through ever piece of luggage stored underneath.

The crew was professional and thorough and we were back on the road in about 15 minutes.

With no other hold ups we made it through security and home safe and sound.

We finished our meals while we killed time in the airport.

Some Final thoughts on this trip
I enjoyed having time with my son even if saw the back of him most of the time. We always came together during meal time and improved our communication as the trip went on. As a travel companion, he is more of an equal rather than me having to take care of him and that helps me out. He is learning how to pack, navigate the airport and even a random security check.

POFQ- I liked the resort but not the rooms…. Specifically the air conditioning units. The resort had window units that were loud and did not control the temp. So we were either too cold or too hot. I do hear that the rooms have been renovated and those have been removed and replaced with thermostats so if given the chance I would try it again.

Time of year- I would do it again in a heartbeat. Oct. brings Food and Wine and a bit more crowds but I can comment on late September in a few weeks. Can’t beat 15 min on Soarin’ even if TSM was still 60 min.

Now of course I have one more trip left. Kind of back where we started. I had my annual conference but that year it was in San Antonio. I tagged on some time to the beginning and the end of the trip.

I had some pretty amazing thing happen during this trip. While I was talking to LeeAnn, Liesa and Mary, I found out Mary was going to be there during the first part of the trip Oct 1-3. She was gracious to let me tag along on some of the fun things she knew about. I had acouple of Dismeets- some in the world and some not. I also had some strange encounters and sun encounters with Food and Winers- or Winos in one case - LOL.

The next trip will mostly be highlights of the special things and less about the comings and going of the trip. I hope you stick around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter