1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

The Shirts I made....THANK YOU ALL.....

Discussion in 'Creative DISigns' started by Headlesshorseman, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Headlesshorseman

Headlesshorseman Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for all the hard work you Dis-igners have done...for all of us...I ran out of time to post these before we left....so here goes....a week late...had an awesome time in Disneyland...Cars Land is Fantastic!!! and a MUST SEE for sure....Halloween Party on Friday night was super fun too...

I made 6 shirts for Me, my sister and her grandson...Thanks again for helping me out with the dis-igns....Everyone loved them as much as we did....

OH I ADDED GLITTER TOO....it makes them come to life....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last 2 are my favorites....Tons of people thought that the "ticket" shirts were part of the party...and asked where they could buy one...can't seem to turn them the correct way..sorry....

My sister and I had this on our sleeves [​IMG] I glittered their bows...

HH:)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TNdisneymom

TNdisneymom Mouseketeer

Who designed your ticket tee's?

thank you,
    Dawn

4. RustManFan

RustManFan devoted to all things Disney!! Moderator

most seem to be mine including the ticket! thanks so much for sharing how they came out!!

5. TNdisneymom

TNdisneymom Mouseketeer

Thank you!

6. Headlesshorseman

Yes RustManFan....most are yours....EVERYONE LOVED the ticket one...I gave you credit ;) Even sent a few over here to take a look....

Thanks again

SH:thumbsup2

7. JesHaugh

JesHaugh Earning My Ears

Very cute!!

8. charlymc

charlymc Earning My Ears

Love the shirts!

9. Menada1115

Menada1115 Mouseketeer

Fabulous shirts! Marion is awesome!
    How did you do the glitter? What did you use? Thanks for the info! They turned out wonderful!!!

10. noahdove

noahdove DIS Veteran

Awesome shirts!!

11. Headlesshorseman

Thanks everyone....for my trip in Feb I just made the shirts NO glitter....but then someone here added some to their shirts and MAN-O-MAN did that make them pop....

I used Aleene's flexible fabric glue https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...&sa=X&ei=tpd0UOxU5ozIAd70gJAL&ved=0CGEQ8wIwAA

and then I bought the 24 pack of Tulip glitter http://www.amazon.com/TulipĀ®-Fashion-GlitterTM-24-Pack/dp/B005EV8RNM THIS is an awesome price kills the Hobby Lobby price or 29.99...even with my 40% off coupon.

I did the iron on first of course....then I sat down and took a lipstick brush and took my time and "painted" what I wanted to glitter....then shook off the extra onto a big manilla folder and poured it back into the container....

IT did take a while...but SO worth it...

Oh yeah....on the small parts I used a wooden skewer....the shirts pictured are all 3Ts....and the iron ons are small....I used the skewer for all those shirts...

if you have any more questions, I'd be glad to help you out...

12. Denise773

Denise773 Mouseketeer

Awesome shirts!
    How did they do in the wash?
    Thanks

13. mommyto3boys

mommyto3boys Mouseketeer

What transfer paper did you use? I am having a hard time deciding what to use...

~Danielle :tink:

14. Headlesshorseman

They washed up ok.....some glitter came off...I didn't wear my shirts I made for the Feb. trip....and then thought....if I wear them on another trip...my pics will look the same..so I started wearing them....with these I'll do the same....as most have the date on them...

I will touch them up maybe in a few washings...

I am using these iron on transfers....they are for the dark shirts... http://www.tshirtsupplies.com/categories/jetwear-dark I have been happy with them.....I've washed my older shirts now a few times and they are still looking good...when I iron them, I use the parchment paper to go over the design....so it won't ruin the transfer

Last time I ordered the 50 pack and this time I ordered the 100...I use them all the time....I belong to a Disney Addicts page on facebook and we do gift exchanges...so I usually make a shirt and some sort of purse or bag for them...and of course when you go to the parks a NEW SHIRT is needed for everyone in your group daily...etc....you get the picture....I think once you get over the fear of making these shirts....they'll be no turning back....

15. scrapah1

scrapah1 Mouseketeer

Your shirts are GORGEOUS!!! :cheer2: You are right, the glitter really made them POP!

16. Headlesshorseman

Yes I think so too..POP that is.....I made it simple though, and just stuck with lines for the most part....although, on one shirt I made gold star bursts....