The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Hi, We stayed at the Vistana about twelve years ago and to be honest although we loved the place have never been back as we have been renting villas instead. However, DH has Parkinson's and some days finds it difficult to drive, so I thought this year we would go back Vistana as it's a short drive into Disney and if necessary can use their shuttle. Last time we stayed we did have a noisy family above us that thought it was Ok to run about slamming doors at 2am. We go in 3 weeks and I will be sending my request next week. My question is if we want a quite area on the top floor and booking in on a Saturday which is the best area to ask for. We don't mind not being near pools as to be honest I don't think we will use them that much, but would if possible like a nice view when we have breakfast on the balcony.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dee x

Deepaul46, does your DH have mobility issues (specifically any difficulty with stairs) as a result of his Parkinsons?

If yes, then you will want to request a top floor villa in Lakes or Cascades, as those are the only two sections with elevator access to the upper floors. Otherwise, you could be going up and down one or two flights of stairs each time you access your villa.

We found Lakes to be quiet and picturesque. The Lakes pool isn't one of the three main pools, so it closes earlier (and is therefore quieter). Just be sure to request a building that isn't near the highway, or road noise might be problematic.

Quick Update:
The Courts pool (between the Super Pool and Falls) is under renovation. I don't have a completion date.

The Springs arcade is also under "renovation" - more like rearranging the game machines. My kids have been playing in it since Sunday and then when we came back from Animal Kingdom Thursday night it was partially cleared out while a few of the games were moved around. The vending machine where you can redeem your coupons for prizes/chocolate bars has also been temporarily removed; therefore my kids can't cash in their coupons. The main activity center allows you to claim prizes, but, they don't have chocolate bars.

The arcade renovation isn't expected to last more than a week. I'll update this post before I leave Sunday.

Edit Monday Sept 7th:
When we left on Sunday, there hadn't been any changes made to the Springs Arcade. It was still half empty. I'm wondering if they are planning on converting it to a regular arcade, i.e. no more coupons/tickets and/or prizes. This would be consistent with the other arcades at Zimmie's and at Fountains.

We have friends that checked-in yesterday (Sunday Sept 6th), so, I'll be able to get an update from them...they are there for two weeks.

Last edited:
Alrighty Vistana peeps: I need your advice.

We arrive in 27 days!!!

I am trying to determine how long it will take us to drive to the Ticket & Transportation Center, then take the boat or monorail to MK for MNSSHP.

What time should we be leaving the resort to arrive at the park gates by 3:45 pm (allowing for all factors such as traffic, waiting for the tram, etc.)?

We have driven to the SW parks from SVR, and we have driven to the Universal parks, but this will be our first time doing Disney since becoming Vistana Groupies (our last visit to MK was in 2009!!) and we're needing some advice on timing.

Thanks a bunch :) .

I would give yourself approximate 30 to 45 minutes depending on traffic. There is time to get to the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot gates - then pay for parking (depending on the lines there), park, then take the tram (wait for tram) to Ticket Transportation, then get on the monorail (wait for monorail) to the gates (that is faster than taking the ferry), walk to the security check point (this may take some time depending how many people are coming in at this time) and then you are officially at the gates.

I would give yourself approximate 30 to 45 minutes depending on traffic. There is time to get to the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot gates - then pay for parking (depending on the lines there), park, then take the tram (wait for tram) to Ticket Transportation, then get on the monorail (wait for monorail) to the gates (that is faster than taking the ferry), walk to the security check point (this may take some time depending how many people are coming in at this time) and then you are officially at the gates.

That's awesome....thank you! We were planning to leave by 3 pm at the latest....so that sounds like it would be just about right, time-wise.

So not long to go now getting very excited a week tomorrow and we will be on our way!!! I've done diamond lane and had a response telling me to use the second lane , but not stating anything about my requests , is this normal? I asked for a building with elevator and top floor with pool or lake view and not backing either highway, I did not ask for a specific section but if I've got it right then it will be either lakes or cascades and with a Sunday checkin if they fill my requests ie the no highway then it narrows it down to a few buildings which we would be happy with having said all that as long as it is not a terrible building we will just be so happy to be there️xxx

So not long to go now getting very excited a week tomorrow and we will be on our way!!! I've done diamond lane and had a response telling me to use the second lane , but not stating anything about my requests , is this normal? I asked for a building with elevator and top floor with pool or lake view and not backing either highway, I did not ask for a specific section but if I've got it right then it will be either lakes or cascades and with a Sunday checkin if they fill my requests ie the no highway then it narrows it down to a few buildings which we would be happy with having said all that as long as it is not a terrible building we will just be so happy to be there️xxx

The only two sections will elevators are Lakes and Cascades, so that definitely narrows the scope of where you should be placed :) .

I can't help with the "lanes" reference for your DL requests, but I'm interested to hear your feedback. Diamond Lane had not yet reopened when we were there in May...so this sounds like more progress since the revamping of the Welcome Center late last year/early this year. We arrive again in 3 weeks, so we'll be there not long after you!

Don't stake the farm on any particular building based on check-in day on the map. We had a Friday arrival in May, and were allocated to a Saturday building (presumably because it met all our DL requests :thumbsup2 ). So while the map and colour coded buildings is a good reference, its not always 100%.

Have an awesome vacation! :banana:

The Starwood Vacation Network has added a new video about the resort. Many people ask about the pools, and it features some of them quite nicely in the video. For anyone interested in watching, you can find it here:

Just an FYI for anyone considering a stay at SVR and looking for a discounted rate.....Mousesavers has extended a 30% off rate for dates into February 2016. Their website includes all the details, but here is part of what was outlined on the email I received from them this morning:

Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas

Sheraton Vistana Resort is a beautifully-landscaped 135-acre condominium style resort is located just off S. Apopka Vineland Road (535), very close to several entrances to the Walt Disney World® Resort in Orlando, Florida.

Every 1- or 2-bedroom villa includes a well-appointed and comfortable living room with a pull-out full-size sofa bed, a separate dining area, and a fully equipped kitchen or kitchenette, amenities such as a dishwasher and washer/dryer, and FREE wireless high-speed Internet. All 1-bedroom villas sleep up to 4 guests, and are at least 324 sq. ft. in size with one king-size bed in the bedroom and a full-size sofa bed in the living room. All 2-bedroom villas sleep up to 6 guests, and offer a spacious 1,025 sq. ft. of living space plus an outdoor balcony or patio. Every 1- and 2-bedroom villa offers a view of a water feature or a garden view.

Guests have complimentary access to all of the amenities at the resort, including the 7 separate outdoor swimming pools, playgrounds, tennis, basketball, volleyball, and the activities and fitness centers. There are several restaurants and dining options**, and some of the poolside bars feature live entertainment during evening happy hour. All this, plus no resort fee and FREE self-parking!

Book now and save up to 30% off best flexible rates at Sheraton Vistana Resort when you stay September 28, 2015 through February 11, 2016 with this exclusive MouseSavers offer!*

For 2015 dates (September 28-December 31, 2015):*

• Rates start at $112/night for a 1-bedroom villa!
  • Rates start at $124/night for a 2-bedroom villa!

For 2016 dates (January 1-February 11, 2016):*

• Rates start at $135/night for a 1-bedroom villa!
  • Rates start at $147/night for a 2-bedroom villa!

You must book this offer by October 9, 2015!

Rates will vary depending on availability and season, and some blackout dates may apply.

*You must book this offer by 10/9/15 for stays 9/28/15-2/11/16 at Sheraton Vistana Resort or at Sheraton Vistana Villages. Rates vary by date daily and are subject to change based on availability. Rates may be higher during peak or holiday periods. Some blackout dates may apply. Rates listed above do not include tax. MouseSavers rates cannot be combined with other offers. Rates listed above include daily housekeeping services.

For this special offer, deposit of full payment is due at time of booking; once reserved there is a non-refundable one-night penalty fee that is applied if you cancel more than 72 hours prior to the arrival date. Cancellations received with less than 72 hours notice will result in forfeiture of 100% of deposit.

**At Sheraton Vistana Resort only, you have the option to trade housekeeping for free breakfast coupons when checking in. You will receive a coupon for complimentary breakfast buffet at Zimmie’s Restaurant for 2 people for each day of housekeeping that you decline.

How can I get the above rate? Is there a promo code I need to use to check availability? The website only references a 10% discount. Looking for a deal from 10/18 - 10/24 or 25

Thanks for posting!

How can I get the above rate? Is there a promo code I need to use to check availability? The website only references a 10% discount. Looking for a deal from 10/18 - 10/24 or 25

Thanks for posting!

There is a link to the offer in the email. If you PM me your email address, I would be happy to forward it to you.

Thanks for posting!
You have to subscribe to Mouse savers

You have to subscribe to Mouse savers
Thank you both for taking the time to reply. Found it on the mouse savers website moments ago. I'm a long time subscriber and received their emailed newsletters. However, somehow I missed this promotion.

Happy vacationing to you all!

I ended up booking for our upcoming trip in Oct with the Mousesavers email deal I got the other day. I had planned on staying in Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek but didn't like the extra resort fee's and parking fee's, so I cancelled and we are looking forward to our stay here.

I have a couple questions if someone who has stayed at the resort could help me out.

We are doing an Adults Only trip, which section has the quieter pools? We are ok with kids, just don't want to hear screaming all day.

Are you able to sit on the edge of the pool with your feet in the water and a beer/cocktail in your hand? I hate that the Disney pools don't allow this.

Thanks for helping!

I ended up booking for our upcoming trip in Oct with the Mousesavers email deal I got the other day. I had planned on staying in Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek but didn't like the extra resort fee's and parking fee's, so I cancelled and we are looking forward to our stay here.

I have a couple questions if someone who has stayed at the resort could help me out.

We are doing an Adults Only trip, which section has the quieter pools? We are ok with kids, just don't want to hear screaming all day.

Are you able to sit on the edge of the pool with your feet in the water and a beer/cocktail in your hand? I hate that the Disney pools don't allow this.

Thanks for helping!

The best quiet pools on the South side are usually Courts and Springs. These are smaller pools without a lot of amenities to attract the younger crowd, but they are not designated quiet. There is the Outpost Bar located just outside the gate of the Courts pool. Drinks by the pool are okay if they are in safe containers (no glass). We've never had problems with that at all, and generally bring them with us. Not certain if either of the pools on the North side of the resort are quieter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter