The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Lifelong_Dreamer, May 31, 2009.

1. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

if the area that you explored was private no one was around, it would have been all birthday suit city.

:rotfl:

should have brought your shovel and started digging for treasure
    :banana:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. princess_momma

princess_momma DIS Veteran

Wow, that does look like an adventure!!! How beautiful and interesting it all looks!!

You look great...I completely agree, that color is great for you AND the trip!! :goodvibes I had to laugh at your bringing 5 bathing suits. :rotfl: Do you have even more that you didn't bring? I know every summer, I look and I'm like "I don't remember having this many...where did they all come from?" Then of course, by the end of summer, I probably have a few more!

4. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

:laughing:

Well I seem to get a new suit every year, I think it is due to living in Virgina Beach where I was in a suit nearly every day and thus they wore out quickly. It is programmed into me that I must get a new suit every summer! :laughing: Also I like to have variety so that I am sure to have something that I am in the mood to wear each day. I am the same way with my trip clothes, I always bring more than I need so that I have a variety to chose from. ;)

5. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

I am trying to cutdown on packing , but going in Feb I have to be prepared !!!!I only bring 1 swimsuit , even though I do have 3 1 is kinda worn th other is bright yellow:scared1:

6. Lifelong_Dreamer

I try to count down on packing every time I go somewhere and I am never successful. :sad2:

7. stacopp

stacopp Disney Dork

Another great update with wonderful pictures- I wish I was there!!

8. Lifelong_Dreamer

Thank You! I wish I was there right now as well instead of sitting in front of my computer writing up an outline for my term paper. :headache:

9. princess_momma

I get one every year too! And I don't even wear them as much as you do!! But I like the whole variety thing too!! I don't like the idea of being tied down to a different outfit each day...I'd probably pick one out two choices for a certain day and then get there and be wishing I had the other one!! (And of course, if they were both there...I'd probably picked the one I had thought about bringing by itself!)

:rotfl:

10. Lifelong_Dreamer

:rotfl: Well ever since moving back to Canada I hardly ever have use for my swimsuits, only when we go on vacation. For some reason though I keep buying new ones. :rotfl:

Everybody always makes fun of me for how much clothing I pack. I usually pack as much as my mom and brothers combined! :lmao:

11. leamom2princesses

leamom2princesses DIS Veteran

Wow Lessa! The Baths looks really cool. We would enjoy a place like that. Great pics of the grotto. It does look like the perfect spot for pirates and hidden goodies.

12. princess_momma

That's funny. What is it about summer time that makes you HAVE to buy a swimsuit regardless of how many you already have or how much you will be in it?

That's hilarious about how much you pack!! I'm pretty sure I brought enough clothes for a 2 week stay when I was only there 6 nights!! :rotfl: Always be prepared right? :confused3

13. Lifelong_Dreamer

It is definitely a great place to go if you want to go to the beach but also want to be active and explore.

That's my philosophy! ;)

14. englishrose47

Hi Lessa !! My Feb plans are changing ..........

15. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Hi Lessa! I'm enjoying your TORTOLA pirate: pics! The bath area looks really interesting to explore - I can't wait to see what the beach actually looks like!

16. Lifelong_Dreamer

:thumbsup2 I saw, that's great that you are no longer going solo.

I loved exploring the little grottoes and "caves" created by the boulders, it was so much fun. :thumbsup2

17. englishrose47

Morning Lessa !! My plans continue .......Will be updating as WE make them!!

18. Lifelong_Dreamer

We continued to make our way through the rock formations taking everything in.

This is one of the bridges that they had to help you cross the really tricky parts. As you can see it is pretty narrow so it was one-way traffic. If somebody else was crossing in the opposite direction you just had to step aside and wait for them to cross before you could start to cross.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We came to a more open area where tons of tidal pools and coves were formed between all the rocks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Click here to continue

19. Lifelong_Dreamer

I perched myself on a boulder overlooking one of the tidal pools and watched all the colourful fish swim around. The water was so clear that we could see them perfectly. Here are some pictures I took of the fish while I sat watching them from my seat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also went down into the water to get a closer look at the fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We stayed at the tidal pools for quite a while. We eventually decided to move on as we still had to make it to Devil's Bay.

Well lucky us not even five minutes later we were exiting "the caves' and seeing our first sight of Devil's Bay.

Click here to continue

20. jordanyosh

jordanyosh DIS Veteran

What great pix of the tidal pools. Thanks for the front row seat!:thumbsup2

21. englishrose47

Yes Lessa tose upclose pix of the Tropical fish were awesome !!!