The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

That is a good question, I have no idea. If it is on the room service menu then I would hazard a guess and say you can get it any time of day that you want. I don't believe it stipulated hours of availability for certain foods. It doesn't hurt to ask though, they aim to please!

oh i would be pleased with it already, DW not so much i am sure iw ould get in trouble for ordering it, so i would have to wait till she jumped in the shower then i would order it.

:goodvibes

haha, maybe, growing up i never liked breakfast and my mom would make me eat somethng before school, so i would have a can of soup, usually veg beef, i say hey im getting my veggies.

she could not really argue with that, so i won and ate soup.

sweeeeettttttttttttt,

every morning hotdog, with a beer on the cruise, that is my goal when i go cruising for the first time.

and with a side of mickey ice cream bar.
:banana:

oh i would be pleased with it already, DW not so much i am sure iw ould get in trouble for ordering it, so i would have to wait till she jumped in the shower then i would order it.

:goodvibes

:lmao: Nothing says breakfast like ice cream!

I woke up around 7am, why on earth was I up so early?! Mom was already up and was watching the news, Mom always managed to wake up before me.

Today was our first sea day and we had no events scheduled. The plan was simply to relax and go to a few of the activities that sparked our interest when we looked over the navigator the night before. The days navigator is always left in your room on the bed the night before, it is also posted in the atrium next to the guest services desk for easy reference if you don't want to cart it around the ship with you.

I went out and sat on the veranda for a few minutes, the skies were cloudy but there was no rain, I was hoping that it would hold off and the weather would improve.

Mom and I headed up to Topsiders Buffet for breakfast after we got dressed. I slipped my bathing suit on under my clothes so that I could head up to the pool area after I was done eating. Since it was so "early", probably around 8am now, there were only a few people there.

Again when you enter the restaurant they hand you a disinfectant wipe for your hands. This happens each and every time you enter a restaurant.

You then grab a tray and proceed down the line. There are two sides you can go down, both are identical so it doesn't matter which way you go. They had lots of fruit, meats, cheeses, pastries, eggs, etc. Think of a breakfast food and they probably had it. There is also an omelet station you can go to that is not part of the main buffet line. You place your order and they give you a number that you leave on your table and they deliver the omelet to you when it is done.

Mom and I loaded up our plates and grabbed a table. We decided to sit inside at one of the comfy tables.

My plate

D9001.jpg

Chocolate croissant, bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes, french toast, banana. I grabbed a water and also a chocolate milk to drink.

My verdict? Everything was delicious except for the eggs. I just don't like Disney scrambled eggs I guess. They are bad at WDW and on DCL, too runny for my liking.

Mom's plate

D9002.jpg

D9003.jpg

As you can see Mom ordered herself an omelet. I wish I had done that as well instead of getting the scrambled eggs. I was full from the other food I grabbed so I figured I would just get an omelet the next morning.

Mom finished her breakfast before I did so she went down to the room to change and we made a plan to meet up at the adult pool once I was done breakfast.

A few minutes after Mom left a little boy, probably about 7 years old, sat down ALONE at the table next to me. I figured his parents must be in the line still getting food but they never showed up. This kid was very friendly, he started chatting up a storm with me about everything he wanted to do that day. I felt sorry for the kid, where were his parents? How could they let him wander around like that all alone?

After breakfast I made my way over to the adult pool and met up with Mom.

As you can see in this picture deck 9 is enclosed on the sides. This is probably for the safety of the guests as it is the main deck where all the activities go on. It also protects you from the wind which is nice as well when you are lying by the pool reading or dining at one of the outdoor tables.

D9004.jpg

Since it was "early", 9am, there were lots of loungers still available poolside.

Mom was relaxing on the chairs with a book, I wanted to soak in the hot tub. I was hoping that the hot tub would help relax my feet as they were still in a lot of pain. Not as much as before but still uncomfortable.

I was joined in the hot tub by two older men, a father and son, probably 40's and 60's, and we had a nice conversation about reality tv. A woman also joined us in the tub and joined in on the conversation. We mostly talked about Survivor and The Amazing Race. It was a fun conversation and I could feel my feet improving already.

I think I stayed in the tub for about 30 minutes and then got out and joined Mom. Well almost as soon as I got out it started to rain. Typical! It was a light rain so Mom and I moved to the sheltered seats by Cove Cafe in the hopes that it would only be a brief shower.

D9006.jpg

Well it wasn't brief. Mom and I decided to go back down to the room and change and find something else to do.

We lounged around the room for awhile and watched part of The Jungle Book. We could hear a nice big thunder storm going on outside. We hung out in the room for about an hour. I circled two activities on the navigator that I wanted to go to. The first was an animation class and the second was an origami class.

After the Jungle Book ended we decided to go for a stroll around the ship to find out where everything was and of course we wanted to go to the shops again!

D9007.jpg

You will see the line of people, well in addition to the buffet breakfast you can also have a "table service" breakfast in Lumiere's.

We found the movie theatre

D9008.jpg

Animator's Palate

D9009.jpg

D9010.jpg

We also checked out deck 4 which is the quiet deck, also used as the running deck. We often saw people doing laps around the ship. People also like to come down here to get away from the noise and activity of deck 9. As you can see they have some nice comfy loungers to relax on with a good book.

D9011.jpg

Back inside we went, our goal? The shops!

D9012.jpg

Mom and I were freezing and of course neither of us had packed warm clothing. Who would figure that you would need a sweater on a Caribbean cruise? So since we were so cold we each bought a Disney cruise line sweatshirt. $$$$ Mom was lucky as the one she liked was on sale! In addition to the sweaters I bought a Minnie Mouse pin and we got a rolling duffel for $15 as our purchase was over a certain amount. That duffel came in handy when it came time to pack up all our stuff at the end of the cruise!

We went back up to our room and dropped off our purchases and then made our way back down to deck 4. We had a few minutes to kill before the animation class started so we decided to sit outside.

Well guess what?! It stopped raining! It was still very cloudy though.

D9011.jpg

D9013.jpg

D9014.jpg

D9015.jpg

D9016.jpg

Animation class was being held in Animators Palate, very appropriate!

D9017.jpg

D9019.jpg

I'll tell you more about this very special restaurant when I get to our dinner there.

D9020.jpg

Oscar was leading our class that day. He decided to start us off with a classic Disney character, Mickey Mouse! He asked us some trivia about Mickey and then started the class.

Well my Mickey did not turn out very well, the one I drew at DHS was much better. Mom's Mickey turned out really well and she didn't throw it out this time. ^_^

D9021.jpg

D9022.jpg

Coming Up: Did our rain curse continue or did the day improve?

Click here to continue

Another great update Lessa. Hope the rain stops for you. It sounds like there is tons to do though, even if the weather is bad!

Bummer about the rain, but it looks like the two of you are making the best of it! You are really selling me on the DCL!!!!

Yeah, the rain really bummed us out. We thought we had left it all behind in Florida but I guess the rain outsmarted us and decided to come along for part 2 of the vacation. :headache:

The way I tried to see it was that the rain gave us the chance to enjoy our stateroom that we paid $$$$$ for and also gave us a chance to explore a bit.

Did you take a picture of the daily itinerary, or did you scan it in?

If anyone wants to know the difference between Disney Cruise Lines and Royal Caribbean. DCL, has about 75% more things to do on the ship, than RCL.

I sneaked a peak at your cruise line Trip report over on the cruise board, and I remember reading all the things you wanted to do, and I thought the same thing would be on the RCL. I hope I am not confusing anyone, but I am really blown away, how Disney entertains you on the boat. We did have fun on our cruise, but we sure would of liked to have all those options you were offered. I guess RCL has physical things to do, like the Flow Rider, but you can maybe get on it once a day, because of the lines.

I sure hope the rain stops, I can't believe you had to get sweatshirts. I packed one along, because I remember reading how cold you got.:rotfl: I'm not laughing at you, but I almost threw mine away, because I bought so much on the islands.

Did you take a picture of the daily itinerary, or did you scan it in?

If anyone wants to know the difference between Disney Cruise Lines and Royal Caribbean. DCL, has about 75% more things to do on the ship, than RCL.

I sneaked a peak at your cruise line Trip report over on the cruise board, and I remember reading all the things you wanted to do, and I thought the same thing would be on the RCL. I hope I am not confusing anyone, but I am really blown away, how Disney entertains you on the boat. We did have fun on our cruise, but we sure would of liked to have all those options you were offered. I guess RCL has physical things to do, like the Flow Rider, but you can maybe get on it once a day, because of the lines.

I sure hope the rain stops, I can't believe you had to get sweatshirts. I packed one along, because I remember reading how cold you got.:rotfl: I'm not laughing at you, but I almost threw mine away, because I bought so much on the islands.

I scanned all the navigators.

Yeah, we were absolutely freezing! They had the a/c pumping big time inside and because of the rain it was not all that warm outside either. I wouldn't say it was cold outside but with the wind it was definitely not all that warm either. Then again Mom and I get cold easily.

I've been lurking. I can't remember if I posted or not...sorry! If I did it was wayyyy back during the WDW part.

I have a general question about the cruise if you don't mind though...when it was stormy like that, did you get seasick at all? Did you have any problems with seasickness? We're going on a (non-Disney, boo!) cruise and I'm worried about that!

I've been lurking. I can't remember if I posted or not...sorry! If I did it was wayyyy back during the WDW part.

I have a general question about the cruise if you don't mind though...when it was stormy like that, did you get seasick at all? Did you have any problems with seasickness? We're going on a (non-Disney, boo!) cruise and I'm worried about that!

Nope neither of us had any problems with seasickness. Honestly that morning even though the weather was not so nice you could not feel the boat rocking at all. Mom had packed some dramamine just in case and we never had to use it. :thumbsup2

I was about to ask if the boat moved much too, glad that it didn't!

Wow that was a lot of info to read through, sounds like there was lots to do and I love the idea of the animation class :thumbsup2

I was about to ask if the boat moved much too, glad that it didn't!

Wow that was a lot of info to read through, sounds like there was lots to do and I love the idea of the animation class :thumbsup2

Definitely lots to do. Not only are there the scheduled activities that appear on the navigator but there are also other things you can find to do around the ship. Like one of the lounges has board games that you can play. Now I know you don't go on a cruise to play board games but it is just one of those things that are there for you if you want them.

ohhh how many drawings did you guys get to do?

i love me some some drawing classes

We only did the one Mickey in that class but there were more animation classes throughout the cruise.

Great updates Lessa. Love the pictures too. So cool that they have a animation class at Animators Palate. Good job on the Mickey's too.
Thanks for posting the ship activities and shore excursions. It looks awesome!

Great updates Lessa. Love the pictures too. So cool that they have a animation class at Animators Palate. Good job on the Mickey's too.
Thanks for posting the ship activities and shore excursions. It looks awesome!

I was so excited when I saw the animation class on the schedule. I had enjoyed it so much at WDW so I just knew I had to do it on the ship as well.

Rain, rain go away!! Can't believe it followed you guys. :sad2:

I'm also very impressed with all there is to do. I had no idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter