The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Lifelong_Dreamer, May 31, 2009.

1. DisneyJo

DisneyJo Missing my tags!

So I need to wait and see what the sleeping arrangements were huh? ;) :rotfl:

I think your photos came out great Lessa :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

:laughing: Yep, can't give away details in advance. ;)

4. GeminiAngel

GeminiAngel DIS Veteran

Your pictures turned out great! Nice hallway. Beautiful ship.

5. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

I second what Jo said te pix look great to me !!Told Ya I'd be back:rotfl2:

6. Lifelong_Dreamer

Thanks guys. They turned out "okay". I knew that I could get better though.

7. MaryAz

MaryAz DIS Veteran

Sounds like a cute show. I think the pics were pretty good.

8. Lifelong_Dreamer

Thanks, it was very cute. I wasn't sure how I would like the variety acts and I was pleasantly surprised, very entertaining.

9. Mysteria

Mysteria I guess the tag fairies wings were clipped.

WTH?! I would have sworn I replied to this earlier. :confused3 :rotfl:

Anyway I said something like great pics and update. :dance3: I also didn't know the shows were first come, pick your seat. Then again I know diddly squat about cruising. :rotfl:

10. Lifelong_Dreamer

Yep, I mean there are no "bad" seats but if you want the "better" seats make plans to show up early. Of course that was no problem for me and mom as we are chronically early for pretty much everything. It is impossible for us to be late.

I actually tried to be late to work once to teach a co-worker a lesson as he was always showing up 10-15 minutes late. Well I only managed to arrived on time (I'm usually 10 minutes early). How pathetic is that?

11. Lifelong_Dreamer

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know now that I am back in school I may have to cut this down to two updates per week. I'll try my best to make it three a week like usual but we will just have to see how it goes.

12. Lifelong_Dreamer

13. Lifelong_Dreamer

Here's the Youtube video of the official announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08W5Os-Wnj0

Be Our Guest Restaurant

Gaston's Tavern

Cinderella, Belle, Aurora each get their own areas

Twin Dumbos in a new area and more!

14. Lifelong_Dreamer

BC Trip continued

We woke up super early (6am) as Dad wanted to be out the door and on the road by 7am. We were going to be driving 2 hours to go hiking in Revelstoke National Park. Dad was going to take us on the Eva Lake trail as he had hiked it a few weeks before with the Vernon Outdoors Club and he said the views and hike were magnificent.

It was painful getting up that early but what can you do. I made sure to fill my water bottle up and I threw an apple, some carrots and a granola bar in my bag to eat for lunch. The rest of the family was going to be eating egg sandwich for lunch. Yuck!

We hit the road shortly after 7. The ride was nice, very scenic.

We arrived at the park and began the winding drive up the mountain. The views were spectacular although a bit obstructed due to the smoke hanging over the valley.

[​IMG]

Up, up, up we went until we arrived at the parking area where you can then catch a shuttle that takes you up to the start of the trail.

One of the MANY signs warning us that we were in bear country.

[​IMG]

The hike was just as beautiful as Dad said it would be. The only annoying thing were these flies that kept buzzing around me. The shuttle driver said it was due to the wildflowers and the flies pollinate. Dad said when he had been there a month earlier there were no flies at all. Just our bad timing I guess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above pictures were taken at the shuttle drop-off area, now we were finally setting off on the hike.

Being the slow-poke that I am I was always behind the rest of the group. Dad and my brothers would stop and wait for me from time to time but Maria (the step-mother) never did. She just kept going. I guess she was too good to hike with us. :snooty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is Alek and Maria. You can't really tell in the picture but they were really far ahead of us.

[​IMG]

It took about two hours to get to Eva Lake which was the main destination of the hike, It was absolutely breathtaking. Definitely worth the exertion to get there. Pristine natural beauty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We stopped here for lunch and to just take in the serene beauty that was surrounding us. The only thing disturbing the peaceful nature of the day were those darn flies that would just not leave me alone! Dad says it must have been the smell of my shampoo that was attracting them as they did not bother the others as much as they did me.

15. Lifelong_Dreamer

[​IMG]

After lunch we made a full circuit around the lake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That little building you see in the distance is a basic shelter they built in case you get caught out there when a storm or something moves in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alek endangering his life

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They just loved doing this type of thing and making me anxious. I seriously felt like I was going to be ill every time they pulled stunts like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dad decided that we should do a little add-on to the main hike and go down the path to Miller Lake as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Lifelong_Dreamer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miller Lake was just as beautiful as Eva Lake and I was glad that Dad suggested we hike over to it as well. It was lovely and peaceful up there.

I was so tuckered out as we started to hike back. I just wanted to lay down and take a nap. ^_^

This little guy took a liking to us and hopped along with us for several minutes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was grateful when we got back to the car. The hike had been very wonderful but also very tiring. I think we were out there for 5-6 hours climbing down and then up and then down and then up. It was worth it though as you can see by the pictures.

Maria once again insisted on driving and she drives like a mad woman. I seriously thought we were going to die driving down off that moountain. The road curves a lot and is pretty narrow so you can't really see if there is a car coming from the other direction. Dad had to tell her to slow down. Crazy lady!

We stopped to grab some food at A&W. Dad says it is a tradition to get A&W after a hike. I guess he wanted us to eat back all the calories we had just burnt off. I think we had A&W almost every day we were out there, it was ridiculous and this was especially surprising as Dad usually hates paying to eat out.

On the two hour drive back to Vernon we had what I dub "The Great Egg Debate of 2009". I have no idea how it even got started but pretty much we argued/debated for two hours about the proper way to make scrambled eggs and if scrambled eggs taste different from fried eggs. Alek as insisting that they taste the same, I beg to differ, they taste totally different!

Back in Vernon we stopped in to see Grandma. We even got her involved in the egg debate. :lol:

We saw this massive quail family outside Grandma's nursing home.

[​IMG]

We stayed for about 30 minutes and then went back to Dad's house.

We has this view of a giant plume of smoke from a forest fire when we pulled up to his house. The fire was over an hour away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While Alek and I were taking pictures of the smoke Erich and Dad were back on the roof hunting wasps again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alek from some chalk on the side of the road and decided to revert back to his childhood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We all went to bed fairly early that night, the long day hiking had worn us all out. The next day was our day off from hiking so we would have plenty of time to rest and recover.

17. ladybugmom

ladybugmom DIS Veteran

Ally and I were FREAKING out when we saw this tonight!!! Sooo excited about the princess areas, Pixie Hollow, and "Be Our Guest"!!! It's going to be hard to wait until 2012!!

18. Lifelong_Dreamer

I am excited about the whole thing and especially about the two new restaurants. MK really needs more dining options.

19. jcc0621

jcc0621 DIS Veteran

Hey Lessa. I'm back! Thanks for the links at the beginning, they saved my eyes some:goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more about the cruise!

20. Lifelong_Dreamer

Welcome back Janet! Glad that your eyes are starting to get better slowly but surely!

21. PopArtGal

PopArtGal Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I understand what you mean with people waiting to board where they are not supposed to.

It gets to me when they call for adults and children who need assistance, and people who don't need assistance get in line.