The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

Great update! I would have loved to see the Up characters! I don't think they will be there still when I go in December. :sad2: Oh well! There will be plenty of other characters to go see!

Nice character shots! Sounds relaxing and easy for the afternoon. :goodvibes

Thank! I was so happy to get Sorcerer Mickey, this was the first time we had seen him. The Caspian meet was fun and amusing as well.

Great update! I would have loved to see the Up characters! I don't think they will be there still when I go in December. :sad2: Oh well! There will be plenty of other characters to go see!

You never know!
That Prince Caspian sure had bedroom eyes in his pictures with you. Just sayin'. :rolleyes1

:lmao: Sure thing!

After our picture with Mickey Mom and I decided to play with some of the interactive games that they have set-up in the Animation building. First thing we did was the voice acting game where you get to sing a line from a movie and they insert it in and you can also voice-act a character and they insert that in. Let's just say Mom and I will never have a career in voice acting!

Next we took the which character are you quiz.

Here is Mom's result:

D6089.jpg

D6090.jpg

And my result:

D6091.jpg

D6092.jpg

Bwahaha! I believe that result came about as I chose that I would "like to eat nice people for breakfast" vs the other option which was "have breakfast with nice people".

Next I begged Mom to try the Animation Academy. Normally I can't draw even a stick figure but I really wanted to try this.

The drawing class was a lot of fun! At the beginning I got a bit frustrated but I was pretty pleased with my end result, Mom threw hers away but not before I grabbed a picture!

My Mickey:

D6093.jpg

Mom's Mickey:

D6094.jpg

Having done pretty much everything there was to do in the Animation building we decided to be brave and venture outside and see what the weather was doing. Well I am delighted to report that it was sunny!

We decided to make our way down to see Beauty and the Beast. We stopped for some photopass pictures on the way.

Image354.jpg

Image356.jpg

Image360.jpg

Image364.jpg

The photographer had us pose for a special picture, he wouldn't tell us what it was as he wanted it to be a surprise. I didn't ruin his fun by telling him I already knew.

Image366.jpg

Image368.jpg

The Beauty and the Beast theatre wasn't open yet so we waited outside. I told Mom I was going to go grab a fastpass for Tower of Terror and also find something to snack on. Along the way I had a photographer take this picture of me which I use as my Facebook profile picture.

Image371.jpg

Image370.jpg

I found a stand selling pretzels so I bought myself one of those and munched on it while watching some Streetmosphere. These guys were hilarious.

D6097.jpg

D6101.jpg

The director told him to "get on the camera" so he climbed onto it. lmao

D6105.jpg

I saw that they were letting people into Beauty and the Beast so I made my way back over. Mom and I got seats right in the middle, three rows back. This is the closest we have ever sat.

I don't think the theatre even filled all the way for that performance, never seen that happen either.

A few pictures from the show. I have many more of course but well there is that darn image limit.

D6120.jpg

D6144.jpg

D6145.jpg

D6146.jpg

D6151.jpg

The poor dancer in the purple leggings had a hole somewhere awkward. I wonder is she realized?

D6160.jpg

D6179.jpg

D6213.jpg

At the end of the show a little girl from the audience was led up to the stage and Belle and the Beast handed her a rose, very nice touch.

Click here to continue

Hi Lessa,

Your trip report caught my eye because my mom and I also went on a land & sea trip a month ago! We were only at WDW for 4 nights and a 4 night cruise though. I can't wait for you to get to the cruise part. We had an awesome time and I bet you guys did too!

I just had to comment on the Mickey drawings. My mom and I went to an animation class on the cruise (I think we were the only adults there without kids, but oh, well). We did Mickey and Donald Duck. My mom tossed her drawings right away also. In fact, she refused to even finish Donald halfway through because she said it was so bad! :lmao: Mine came out okay, but Donald was hard! Plus, they gave us markers and not pencils which meant no erasing! :scared1:

I'm really enjoying the report - keep it up!! :thumbsup2

Hi Lessa,

Your trip report caught my eye because my mom and I also went on a land & sea trip a month ago! We were only at WDW for 4 nights and a 4 night cruise though. I can't wait for you to get to the cruise part. We had an awesome time and I bet you guys did too!

I just had to comment on the Mickey drawings. My mom and I went to an animation class on the cruise (I think we were the only adults there without kids, but oh, well). We did Mickey and Donald Duck. My mom tossed her drawings right away also. In fact, she refused to even finish Donald halfway through because she said it was so bad! :lmao: Mine came out okay, but Donald was hard! Plus, they gave us markers and not pencils which meant no erasing! :scared1:

I'm really enjoying the report - keep it up!! :thumbsup2

Welcome! Land and Sea trips are so fun!

We did the animation class onboard as well, drew Mickey and Goofy. How strange that they gave you markers, we had pencils with erasers. :confused3 I guess the no erasing part is true to what they teach at the animation academy in Hollywood Studios. ;)

Hope you stick around for more! I only have one more park day to write about after this and then on to the cruise!

Great update Lessa as usual !! Don't you love playing dumb with those Surprise PP's !!:lmao:Yes I am pointing at Stitch or holding Tink!!! But I guess a lot of folks really don't know !!!!:confused3

I'm all caught up!! It looks like you're having a great day at HS!! LOVE all the PP pics!! I could kick myself for not going into the animation building! I totally forgot about the Up characters being there! Uggh! The Bauty and the Beast show was one of my FAVORITE things at HS!! Such a great show! Cant wait to read more!

I'm all caught up!! It looks like you're having a great day at HS!! LOVE all the PP pics!! I could kick myself for not going into the animation building! I totally forgot about the Up characters being there! Uggh! The Bauty and the Beast show was one of my FAVORITE things at HS!! Such a great show! Cant wait to read more!

I think this was our best day for photopass pictures, I was pleased with pretty much all of them.

I love the animation building, I think many people do not realize that there are characters and games and activities inside and so they skip over it.

I love the Beauty and the Beast show as well. It has been there forever though! I would like to see something new come in so long as it is just as good! ;)

I think this was our best day for photopass pictures, I was pleased with pretty much all of them.

I love the animation building, I think many people do not realize that there are characters and games and activities inside and so they skip over it.

I love the Beauty and the Beast show as well. It has been there forever though! I would like to see something new come in so long as it is just as good! ;)

I am helping my Boss plan a surprise visit for her son who graduates next year !! He wants to go to college for Animation!! So I told her all about the Animation Building and the Lunch with the animator
She was impressed !!

YOU being Malificent?! :lmao::lmao: Now that's funny. Your mom shouldn't have thrown her Mickey out. I liked it. Liked them both. Heck I couldn't draw a good stick person even if I channeled Michelangelo. :rotfl: Love the stitch pics.

I think I'm finally all caught up. Love the photos of the Beauty and the Beast shows. It's one of my favorite things in the parks.

YOU being Malificent?! :lmao::lmao: Now that's funny. Your mom shouldn't have thrown her Mickey out. I liked it. Liked them both. Heck I couldn't draw a good stick person even if I channeled Michelangelo. :rotfl: Love the stitch pics.

Hey, I have been known to be very witch-like. :cutie:

I think I'm finally all caught up. Love the photos of the Beauty and the Beast shows. It's one of my favorite things in the parks.

One of my favs too. I think if I combined all our pictures from the show that were taken on the last three trips we would have captured the whole thing in photos. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter