The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Lifelong_Dreamer, May 31, 2009.

1. k_reile

k_reile Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

as in toledo, ohio?? If so thats pretty funny you will be in ohio where I live (about an hour south of toledo) and I will be in Canada!!:rotfl:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

Yep Toledo, Ohio. My Mom's whole side of the family is from there, we visit at least once a year. Of course the highlight of the trip is always the visit to Penguin Palace to get a Smurf ice cream! :laughing: Am I a bad granddaughter and niece for saying that? :cutie: Oh and of course I am looking forward to being there on my birthday and getting to have a nice birthday dinner out with the family. :thumbsup2

We are only going for a short visit this year, I suspect we will be running around between houses a lot juggling the family.

4. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

You might know the place. It's a Mexican restaurant called Plaza Azteca.

Now these are some churros! :worship: They're served warm and have a bit of apple filling inside.

[​IMG]

5. emmaca

emmaca Mouseketeer

Hi Lessa's mom here, I know Plaza Azteca, I believe it is on Laskin Rd at Hilltop Shopping Centre. I've been there a few times when we lived in VA Beach, we lived just off Great Neck Rd. Good restaurant!!

6. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

Hi Lessa's mom! :goodvibes Yes, that is where it's located. :thumbsup2 I've been there twice now and had their churros both times. The sinks in the bathrooms are gorgeous too!

7. meeko_33785

meeko_33785 <font color=teal>Surrounded by characters<br><font

Hey! Just found your trip report and read through the whole thing. Looks great. I love all the pics, especially all the character pics. I didn't read through all 43 pages of responces so my appologies if these questions have been asked, but I was wondering 1) Where in Future World did you find Mary Poppins? The area looks somewhat familiar but I just can't place it and 2) How early did you line up at Toontown for rope drop. I missed out on Pixie Hallow last time I was at MK because the line was always long and being there at rope drop is an absolute must for next time.

Thanks and I can't wait for more. :)

8. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Evening Lessa !! Had to go in and do time sheets !! Funny how people expect to get paid:rotfl2:

I have an 18hour day tomorrow so will be hitting the sack early !! Will take some Tylenolpm around 9pm and be out by 10 or at least that's my plan !!

9. Lifelong_Dreamer

Wow! Those look decadent! Nope, I never ate at Plaza Azteca. I only ever ate at one Mexican restaurant in Va Beach and I couldn't even tell you where it was. One of my friends took me to it. I know it was down by the water on a street that ran off Great Neck. :confused3

I don't know how to describe the area in Future World as we just sort of happened upon her but I will try. It was north of the character spot, west of the Imagination Pavilion and right near the water where the monorail runs (where I took all those pictures).

Toontown - We were there at least 15-20 minutes before rope drop, again we were hanging out in Fantasyland beforehand keeping an eye on the area.

10. Lifelong_Dreamer

Yikes! I don't know how you do it Rosie!

11. LOVEMY3KIDDOS

LOVEMY3KIDDOS DIS Veteran

Whew! I have been really busy lately and not able to keep up with the various trip reports I am following! I am all caught up now and ready for more! Hoping to start posting my pre-trip report by the end of next week or earlier!!??

12. Lifelong_Dreamer

Make sure to post a link to your PTR once you have it up! :goodvibes

13. Lifelong_Dreamer

After finishing our boring churro we made our way through the rain over to Camp Minnie-Mickey to catch the next showing of Festival of the Lion King. We love this show and see it every time we visit.

When we arrived it looked like there was already a lot of people lined up. Well the CM's kept coming over the loudspeaker requesting that we fill in all available spaces. As Mom and I joined the waiting crowd we noticed that the people already waiting were not filling up the left side of the waiting area. Since none of them seemed interested in following the CM's instructions Mom and I "filled in all available spaces" and wound up at the front of the crowd right by the entrance doors. :lmao:

It was raining really heavily at this point so we just stood there with the hoods of our ponchos on staring down at the ground so as to keep as dry as possible while the rain beat down upon us. It was a hard rain too, I could feel each drop as it beat down upon me and then ran down my poncho. It was miserable out there and just relentless!

Soon enough they started to let us into the theatre, Mom and I ended up sitting in the lion section. It was so cold in there due to the air conditioning. We kept our ponchos on to try and keep our body heat in. :laughing:

The show was excellent as usual, if you have not seen it you must!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the show I decided to get some character pictures. It was still raining hard out there but it was still so early in the day that I thought it a waste to leave already. Mom indulged me as usual and followed me into the character lines.

First up were Donald and Goofy

Mom's picture

[​IMG]

Photopass pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I looked over at Mickey's line and it was really long, Kenai and Koda from Brother Bear didn't have much of a line though. I had never had my picture taken with them so I jumped in line. They had to go for a break before my turn but were only gone for a short while. I got a real kick out of the characters walking around with these yellow umbrellas, for some reason it just struck me as really funny.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mom's picture

[​IMG]

Photopass pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After Kenai and Koda I looked over at Mickey's line. It was still a bit long but I decided to get in it anyways. What was a couple more minutes out in the pouring rain?

Well this line moved SO slowly. I think Mickey and Minnie went on break 2-3 times before we got up to them. Mom and I were entertained/disgusted by the oddest/low-rent family who were in line in front of us. They were SO loud and talking all about sordid family affairs, stuff you do not usually want to air in public. On top of that one of the mothers was holding her baby in one arm and a cup of beer in her other hand. Well the baby kept taking his pacifier and dipping it in her beer and then sucking on it. They all roared with laughter and thought this was the funniest thing ever, and then they let him continue to do it! :scared1:

Finally my turn with Mickey and Minnie was up but wait! They had to go on another break! At least we could stand out of the rain while waiting for them since we were at the front of the line and could take cover. I was taking my poncho off in preparation for the picture so I handed Mom the camera and we nearly dropped it! I just about nearly had a heart attack.

Mom's Picture

[​IMG]

Photopass pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After we finished with the characters we decided to throw in the towel and leave the park. We debated for a moment about whether or not we should grab some food at Pizzafari but decided to just eat off property instead.

The walk out of that park was so depressing, it was just so wet and dreary. We really needed a little to sun to revitalize us.

As we were walking towards the car we saw two young boys, didn't look older than 11 or 12 running towards a school bus that was driving away screaming for it to stop. Mom and I were completely dumbfounded. How does something like that happen!? The boys just stood there not knowing what to do as they watched the bus drive away. Luckily before the bus exited the parking lot somebody must have noticed the boys and made the bus turn around, thank goodness! Can you imagine the hell that would have rained down on that school if they had left those two kids behind, how would they explain that to the parents?! I can't believe they did not do a proper roll call before that bus started moving. :eek:

Back in the car Mom and I decided to head to the Florida Mall. The directions were on the same card that had the drug store directions from that morning and it was just way too early to go back and sit around in the hotel room. We had originally planned on going to the mall anyways and I was in desperate need of some more memory cards for the camera. I had already pretty much used up my 8GB in memory.

So off to the mall we went. It was really easy to get there, bit of a long drive though and and at some points it was raining so hard that it was difficult to see, made for a very nervous drive! We made it to the mall safe and sound though.

The Florida Mall is HUGE! I have never seen a mall that big before! I drove around to the Macy's and found a parking spot as close as I could get. Mom and I were not about to wear our ponchos into the mall so we had to make a run for it, of course we got completely drenched. Our first stop upon getting into Macy's was to find a washroom to try and dry off a bit. Mom said she felt low class walking around in wet clothes. I tried to point out to her that pretty much anybody coming into the mall at that point was going to be walking around wet but she was just feeling down due to the rain I guess.

I dried off as best I could but I was still pretty damp, there was no point in pouting about it though, my clothes would dry in time.

Our first stop was the camera shop where I bought two 4 GB memory cards. I crossed my fingers that that would be enough to get me through the cruise.

After that we just wandered around and window shopped, neither of us seemed to be in much of a mood to spend a bunch of money. Mom bought us each a cookie from Mrs Fields and we discovered the big M&M store which was pretty neat.

I don't think we spent more than an hour/hour and a half in the mall. My feet just couldn't take it, they were really starting to complain. I curse those stupid shoes I wore to Epcot!

I told Mom to wait at the Macy's exit and I would run out to get the car, no point in both of us getting wet again after just getting dry.

The rain was just a drizzle now and I decided to do some exploring and we drive down International Drive to get back to WDW instead of taking the highway like we had when we came. I figured it was good to get to know the area a bit better since we seem to be traveling to Florida so often lately.

It was actually a very pretty drive, not at all what I expected. I had this picture in my head of it being a real tourist trap with lots of neon lights and trashy tourist stops, it wasn't like that at all!

We stopped at Uno's for dinner before heading back to POP for the night. We love Uno's and they don't have it in Canada so it is a special treat when we get to eat here. Unfortunately our waitress was a real dud, she talked in the most monotone voice, never checked on us to refill our drinks and was just very blah. We did not leave her a very good tip. Our food was excellent as always though and hit the spot.

It was pouring again as we left so of course we got drenched, again.

Back at POP it was so nice to get changed into some nice dry pj's and curl up in the bed and watch tv. I watched some silly Disney channel movie about a male "mermaid" who was abandoned by his mom as a baby so didn't know he was a mermaid until he turned thirteen. There was nothing else on tv that night can you tell?

Mom and I both fell asleep early that night dreaming of beautiful blue skies and a warm breeze. Would our dreams come true? Would we see an improvement in the weather or would it be more rain, rain, rain?

Click here to continue

14. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

It is kind of humorous seeing the characters holding those umbrellas - don't think I've seen that before!

Uno's - yummm! Did you have pizza?

Hoping the next day brought you some sunshine. :goodvibes

15. Lifelong_Dreamer

Yep, I always get a flatbread pizza when I eat there, so good!

16. Diamondintheruff

Diamondintheruff <font color=magenta>Thinks she saw a flash!<br><fo

Seeing pictures of the Monkeys at the FOTLK always makes me smile.

I hope you Mom didn't get sick from all that walking around wet in all that air conditioning.

17. Lifelong_Dreamer

Well..... A hint is in the title of this report. ;)

18. Gabes_mommy

Gabes_mommy Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fana

I'm finally all caught up! :cool1:

I have had that horrible foot pain from walking too much is unsupportive shoes - it is excrutiating, and blisters too? You poor thing. :hug:

I love all your pictures. You and your mom are so cute together. :goodvibes

I cannot believe that mom who was letting her baby dip its binky in beer. :sad2: That is really shocking. :scared1:

Can't wait for more!

19. kaysmommie

kaysmommie DIS Veteran

I love the flat bread at Uno's. We have one here in town luckily. I love your FOTLK pics and agree it is a must see show. Cute character pics too! Never been to Florida Mall, is it worth going to? Dry clothes are the best after being in the rain all day. I dreamed of blue skies and warm sun too :goodvibes.

20. cmp1111

cmp1111 DIS Veteran

Sounds like you made the best of a yucky day. You saw some :scared1: things, too! :rotfl:

21. meeko_33785

meeko_33785 <font color=teal>Surrounded by characters<br><font

Great updates. Loved all the updates from Animal Kingdom. Haven't been there in a while and can't wait to go back.

Nice to see Kenai and Koda out. It's been years since I've seen them. Hopefully I get a chance to see them next time I'm there. Hopefully they won't be needing those yellow umbrellas (though they are pretty funny).

I've been to the Florida Mall too and it really does feel like it just goes on and on and on sometimes.