The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Lifelong_Dreamer, May 31, 2009.

1. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Wow! What a wonderful gift, and a wonderful daughter you are! Happy New year to you both!

Oh, Dan, I don't know how you will possibly survive a few weeks in Hawaii in 2011. I feel so sorry for you...:sad2: Sadly, you will be in paradise :rotfl2:

I agree with the peacefulness. We never even felt crammed in the buffet. Except our last day - CC day. We had a Exotic Rasul in the spa while everyone was pushing and shoving to get to CC - we emerged so relaxed and.... we went to the buffet for some breakfast, and it seemed like there were crying children all around us, and the line wasn't moving at all. I couldn't wait to get to Serenity bay - SERENITY NOW!!!! Otherwise, I was amazed at how un-crowded the ship seemed. Even disembarking was less crazy, because a porter met us at the bottom of the stairs, and Viola! no prob Bob! :cool1:

I can only read once a week, so updating once a week will work out great for me! Enjoy your term!:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PopArtGal

PopArtGal Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I understand too.

My work schedules are so not the same every day lol

Sometimes I gotta stay later to prepare stuff, grading, calling parents, etc...

4. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

Thank guys! :goodvibes I just never know how the semester is going to go and now a co-worker wants me to tutor her in Math to prepare for her policing exam in May.

Thanks, although it is a gift for me too! :laughing::goodvibes

Yikes, I don't envy that buffet experience. :rotfl: Disembarking was only crowded for us as we wanted to get off the ship as soon as possible so we were crammed into the lobby with the rest of the crazy early birds.

:thumbsup2 Thanks! I will certainly try!

5. Bertha12

Bertha12 Earning My Ears

I'm reading!
    Enjoying your observations and reading about the Disney Cruise experience as two adults not accompanied by children. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

6. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Welcome Bertha !!! I see you've een a Lurker !! Glad you came out of Lurkdom!!!!:banana:

7. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

What a great gift!!! You must be so excited to go on that new ship!! I'm hoping to book something while onboard in Oct/Nov.

8. Lifelong_Dreamer

Welcome! Thanks for taking the time to post and say hello. :goodvibes

We are SO excited!

9. Lifelong_Dreamer

After our wonderful afternoon by the pool we headed back down to our stateroom to cool off from the hot sun and get ready for evening. We grabbed some of the yummy soft-serve ice cream available on deck 9 before heading back to the room.

While I lazed around the room and watched the debarkation information :sad1: on the tv, Mom started packing. We still had a full day at Castaway Cay ahead of us but she wanted to get a head start so we wouldn't feel rushed the next night getting everything together.

I was very excited for this nights show. I had heard so much about it and it has won several awards. Tonight we would be seeing "Disney Dreams"! :woohoo:

Here is the official description of the show from the Disney website

.... tells the story of Anne Marie, a little girl who just can't find it in her heart to believe. One night while trying to fall asleep, she is visited by the Blue Fairy, Peter Pan and someone else very special, who have a story to tell. Through the magic of Disney storytelling, singing and dancing starring some of your favorite Disney characters, they teach Anne Marie — and remind us all — the power of dreams and positive thinking.​

Now get ready for lots and I mean LOTS of pictures! Some of them turned out downright hilarious.

I love all the detail they put into the set...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is just wrong... A guy creeping into a young girls room in the middle of the night rubbing his hands together with glee.... :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anne Marie teaches the children that you should always make your bed, even when you are surprised in your room in the middle of the night by strange men.

[​IMG]

Peter sure is toned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dookie issues? ;) Go read Jordan's thread if you want a good laugh. :laughing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just give it a good rub and all your dreams will come true.... :laughing:

[​IMG]

Click here to continue

10. Lifelong_Dreamer

11. Lifelong_Dreamer

12. Lifelong_Dreamer

I loved Belle's dress!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time to jump off the roof of your house Marie Anne - Attention children, do not try this at home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Click here to continue

13. Lifelong_Dreamer

14. PopArtGal

PopArtGal Mushu's Best Gal Pal

You've got some great pics of the show :)

15. Lifelong_Dreamer

Thanks! Some parts of the show were harder to photograph than others but overall I was pleased with what I ended up with.

16. wvdislover

wvdislover DIS Veteran

I want a dress like Belle's! It truly IS beautiful! Great pics of the show! I tried to take pics, but some CM made me put my camera away...said I was bothering others in the audience :sad2: The ones I did get didn't turn out as well as yours did. Were you sitting near the front?

17. englishrose47

Great pictures Lessa !!! Made me feel like I was there !!

18. Lifelong_Dreamer

What a scrooge! There are no rules against photo taking so long as you don't use a flash. I did however make sure to cover up my LCD screen so that the light off it wouldn't bother anybody.

Yep we always sat on the aisle about 10 rows back. Perfect view of the stage and no heads in front of me getting in the photos since we were on the aisle. :thumbsup2

Thanks Rosie!

19. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

Just popping in with a random DCL fact, the dress that Belle wheres in Disney Dreams on bard the Disney Magic is the same one from from the now closed Broadway show. Also just Remember "Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!

20. Lifelong_Dreamer

Cool! Thanks for sharing that piece of Disney trivia. :goodvibes

21. englishrose47

Morning Lessa !