The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! COMPLETE 4/12

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Lifelong_Dreamer, May 31, 2009.

1. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

:eek: The jellyfish would scare me off as well. Out of all the years we lived in Virginia Beach I only got stung once and that was enough for me. Ouch! Didn't even know what had happened. One moment I was bobbing in the waves laughing and chatting with my friends, next thing I know my upper arm felt like it was on fire!

I am a pretty stong swimmer and the water wasn't too deep where I was snorkeling. Plus that is why you have to wear the inflatable vest, it keeps you floating on the surface. :thumbsup2 Not to mention there are tons of lifeguards around keeping a close eye on everybody.

Scuba diving, don't think I could do that. You go way too deep and you are out in the middle of the ocean with nothing but your oxygen tank keeping you alive. Too scary for me! I'll stick to snorkeling. :thumbsup2;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. charming23

charming23 DIS Veteran

I have been loving all of your posts about the cruise. Trunk Bay looks absolutely beautiful and I can't imagine what you got to see while snorkeling.

Can't wait to hear more.

4. Lifelong_Dreamer

I'm so glad that you have been enjoying the report. :goodvibes

The snorkeling was wonderful; I wish I had pictures to share with you all! :goodvibes

5. jordanyosh

jordanyosh DIS Veteran

On a rainy day, what a site to see!

6. DisneyJo

DisneyJo Missing my tags!

I love snorkelling that's what I miss most about our WDW trips, and it is so easy isn't it :thumbsup2 As you found out though time really flys, you really have to watch you don't burn your back!!!

7. Belle_373

Belle_373 Mouseketeer

Lessa you are so brave! :goodvibes I could never imagine snorkelling. The idea of fish swimming around me freaks me out. :rolleyes1

8. MaryAz

MaryAz DIS Veteran

Oh wow these beach pics just keep getting better and better. Sooo great!

9. Lifelong_Dreamer

Yep! I was sitting at school watching the snow fall as I wrote that update.

It is easy! I am happy to say that I did not burn on this vacation. Not hard to stay sunburn free though when the sun is playing hide and seek with you all vacation. :rolleyes:

:laughing: I was a bit nervous, more about running into some other kind of sea creature other than a fish. I think it was on the Community Board that I read a report on a St John vacation (maybe it was Podsnel who wrote it?). Anyways in this report a friend was just enjoying the ocean water, not even snorkeling, and a little octopus wrapped itself around the writer's friend's leg! :scared1:

Thanks, Trunk Bay was amazing. I wish we could have stayed there all day.:cloud9:

10. Lifelong_Dreamer

I laid out on the beach with Mom for awhile after I finished snorkeling. We still had lots of time left so I decided to head back out into the water for some more snorkeling. As you can see I really liked it!

After my second trip out it was getting close to departure time so I stayed on the beach with Mom drying off and taking more pictures.

The pink ball is one of the buoys that mark the snorkeling trail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All too soon our guide made the 20 minute warning for departure so we packed up our stuff and left the beach. Mom went into the change rooms to change her clothes but I decided to just slip my shorts on over my suit. So while I waited for Mom I snapped a few more pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Palm trees grow in the oddest ways!

[​IMG]

There is a small gift shop where you can buy t-shirts and such that feature a unique creature that gathers at Trunk Bay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once Mom was ready we made our way out into the parking lot. There were several cab drivers just hanging out who yelled out to ask if "The pretty ladies needed a ride". We declined and grabbed a seat in one of the excursion trucks.

[​IMG]

Next Update: Our trip back to St Thomas and what would we do with our afternoon?

Click here to continue

11. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

ahhh the lovely butt fish

:lmao:

12. PopArtGal

PopArtGal Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I'd like to be there right now.

And not with snow keeping me from work.

13. Belle_373

Belle_373 Mouseketeer

I love the name of the cab company--Cool Runnings, what a great movie! :laughing:

14. KatGarcia

KatGarcia Just Keep Swimming.

I am all caught up and gosh are the pics beautiful! I really hope to do one of these cruises eventually!

15. Lifelong_Dreamer

Yep, ever so exotic!

Me too! Stupid snow storm. It is still coming down pretty heavily here. :headache:

:laughing: Yeah, we loved that movie as well. :thumbsup2

You will! Just save your pennies!

16. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

Hi Lessa! :goodvibes

I hope this isn't too hijack-ee, but I thought you might like a couple of underwater pics from Trunk- and you're right, they are VERY hard to take, even WITH a non-disposable underwater camera.

The signs under the water-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Purty fishies and coral-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the view back to the beach from waaaaaayyyyy out there-

[​IMG]

It is such a beautiful beach, and that underwater park is just the coolest thing! The day we were there, my friend, Jane, got attacked by an octopus!! :scared1: It was a little one, but it wrapped around her foot- we think because of her toe ring. Her scream was heard for miles...:rotfl: :rotfl2: and the whole beach came to see what was up, including the life guards. Anyway, I am so glad you got up the nerve to snorkel, because it IS beautiful in that water AND unique!!

Oh, and FWIW....that stand sells the BEST chicken!! Can't wait to have some this year!! :thumbsup2

17. Lifelong_Dreamer

Awesome! I don't mind the hijack at all! I knew it had to be your report that I had read on the Community Board. :laughing:

18. princess_momma

princess_momma DIS Veteran

Hey Lessa!! I'm still here!! I love the updates! Trunk Beach looks so amazing!! I can only imagine how great snorkeling must be!! It has been in the single digits all week and your tropical pictures are killing me! I need some sunshine!!

19. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Hi Lessa Loved your update and Ellens pix too !!

20. jordanyosh

jordanyosh DIS Veteran

Love the pix! :cloud9:

21. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Oh, I so enjoyed all the beautiful tropical pics while we are having -8 weather. We don't get that cold often. Thanks for warming me up a bit!:cool1: